Ground Proximity Warning System V1.2

JellyCubes

New from the JellyCube research laboratories, the Ground Proximity Warning System. A single use warning system that, when activated, will sound a series of beeps as you descend below 100m above ground level.

Module located in the parachutes section. The warning altitude can be changed in the config file.

bEgxf.jpg

Ground Proximity Warning System V1.2

Older versions:

Ground Proximity Warning System V1.1

Important usage notes:

As this is based on the parachute module, there are some limitations:

• [li]The system will deactivate if you reach 0 m/s or if 2x warp is used. A beep will sound if the system deactivates itself in any way.[/li]
    [li]A deactivated system cannot be reactivated.[/li]

Changelog:

V1.2 - Changed to use sounds from the main /sounds directory. Doesn\'t use any custom sounds as they don\'t seem to work in 0.13.

V1.1 - Changed minairpressuretoopen from 0 to -1. System will now work in a vacuum.

I could make this work anywhere, I you want. That is, working not only on Kerbin.

Go to the CFG file, then change a parameter that\'s something like minpressuretoopen to 0.00

The current minpressuretoopen is set to 0. The problem is that minpressuretoopen only seems to affect when a parachute changes from the semideployed state into the fully deployed state. In a vacuum, a parachute can\'t change from its initial state into the semideployed state.

Edit: Disregard second line about minpressuretoopen. It is incorrect.

^^^^ would make for some epic mun probes, height mapping the mun D: Or just searching for suitable landing areas...

Would be cool if you could make them deployable probes similar to the Kerbanaught mod 'with real Kerbals', so you can deploy them with out the need for an extra body to be detached.

If you drop them on probes separate from the main rocket will they still sound when they arrive at the target altitude?

Yes, they will still sound when detached from the main ship.

So does this / can this work on the Mun?

The module can now be activated in a vacuum. You can activate it just before landing on the Mun and it will work.

• 1 month later...

Can\'t seem to get any custom sounds to work in 0.13. For now, I\'ve changed it to use some of the sounds from the main /sounds directory.

I have notice several bugs in KSP ver 1.3.2 regarding sound effects, and we also thought that custom sounds didn\'t work.

Then I saw Foamy release his Apollo 13 mod about a week ago and his custom sounds DO work..

• 1 month later...

+1

or

*woop woop* pull. up. * woop woop* pull. up.

or

too low, terrain terrain.

Too low, gear

Too low, flaps

Obstacle ahead, PULL UP!

I worked on GPWS while I was in the Air Force. It was my favorite system because the thing never broke. If a pilot had a problem with GPWS, he was doing it wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.