[WIP] Apollo-like crew module (Updated download 17.2.2014)

Ledenko

I've got a bug on the latest version. Engineer doesn't recognize any parts placed below the built-in decoupler. Even with a fuel tank and engine, I get null readings on mass/dV...etc. Has anyone else had this problem?

I might had a similar problem, using mechjeb's built in dV calculator.

Yes, engineer has problems with (integrated) decouplers. There are also problems for SM with integrated decouplers, it assumes the decoupler is activated at the same time as the engine. It gets even worse when the root part is (or has) a decoupler.

Yes, engineer has problems with (integrated) decouplers. There are also problems for SM with integrated decouplers, it assumes the decoupler is activated at the same time as the engine. It gets even worse when the root part is (or has) a decoupler.

I figured that it's a problem with the staging. If I take off the parts underneath pod and reset them, it shows up.

Hope everyone had a nice new year's :D

Ok, so I'm thinking I'll create a separate decoupler part (all the model stuff is in there, just needs the config) and put it up as an alternative download - one for the CM with integrated decoupler and one without. There's of course the option to not use the integrated decoupler and just use it's automated shroud if you edit the config. Starting with this model, I had NO idea how many complications would crop up :D

This capsule worked before in .23.. I put it on a fresh install of .23 and now it won't work.. Throttle indicator area gets greyed out.. I read over the thread a bit but didn't catch anything.. Anyone having this issue? Anyone have a fix? Thanks.. :)

This capsule worked before in .23.. I put it on a fresh install of .23 and now it won't work.. Throttle indicator area gets greyed out.. I read over the thread a bit but didn't catch anything.. Anyone having this issue? Anyone have a fix? Thanks.. :)

That happens when the internals are missing.

That's really weird. I just tried a fresh install with nothing but KP0110 added and it worked fine. Something must be missing somewhere in your install.

Just to let you know I didn't forget about this:

KGrbHyd.png

It's slow going. I pointed out several times I'm still learning as I go along and IVA is being a huge pain in the ass - I'm used to modeling things inside out, not the other way around so it's not so strange to see me staring at something for a long time with no idea how to proceed. I think I'm getting there ever so slowly though.

And on the subject of IVAs, how do you make the interior lights only work for the IVA? I'm not putting them on the right layer or something because the launchpad is lit...

Yes! In fact, the plan is to make it primarily a RPM glass cockpit because I like it so much :)

Perfect. And think you mentioned this before, but do you plan on having the docking port/ compatible with realchute, either on it's own or as a module manager file?

Just checking in to see how the work is going? Any progress? Also I wanted to ask you, is the heat shield compatible with DR, or is it just for looks?

Just for the looks but to add DRE compatibility is really easy. Just use the line from the DRE 2.5m heatshield and add it either via a MM file or directly add it to the part.cfg

MODULE
{
name = ModuleHeatShield
direction = 0, -1, 0 // bottom of pod
reflective = 0.05 // 5% of heat is ignored at correct angle
ablative = AblativeShielding
loss
{ // loss is based on the shockwave temperature (also based on density)
key = 650 0 // start ablating at 650 degrees C
key = 1000 320 // peak ablation at 1000 degrees C
key = 3000 400 // max ablation at 3000 degrees C
}
dissipation
{ // dissipation is based on the part's current temperature
key = 300 0 // begin dissipating at 300 degrees C
key = 500 90 // maximum dissipation at 500 degrees C
}
}
RESOURCE
{
name = AblativeShielding
amount = 1000
maxAmount = 1000
}

Edited by DasBananenbrot

Whoops, I have to stop missing replies to the thread, thanks Banana!

Progress is slow because, well, I'm me. But I've made a switch prop!

BvcsVxE.jpg

This switched is animated and can be clicked which fires off action group 1 - this wouldn't have been possible without Mihara's RPM. Other awesome things RPM allows is a sound played when you flick the switch and the numbers are done using a single texture (there will be switches number 0 through 9) because his mod allows you to specify a texture offset, so it'll use a different part of the texture. Wonderful stuff!

Edited by Ledenko

Also, courtesy of Chris, for anyone who wants to use RealChutes:

PART

{

// this is a sample config file, for determining a good file format for defining part parameters

// comment line - ignored by cfg parser

// empty lines, or lines without a '=' sign are also ignored

// all other lines are split at the '=' sign, and the left operand is used to know what parameter we are setting

// diferent parameters require data in different formats (see docs), and each module has it's own parameters

(again, see docs)

// each assignment must be in a single line. Lines without assignments will be ignored. (You CAN turn on word

wrap, though)

// each keyword here relates to an existing variable in the assigned module. If the keyword isn't found, it is

ignored.

// conversely, if a keyword is left unassigned (as in not in the file), it will be initialized with it's default value

// This is done automatically, so any public variable defined in the loaded module can be accessed this way

(provided it's value can be parsed)

// --- general parameters ---

name = parachutekpollo

module = Part

author = Ledenko

// --- asset parameters ---

MODEL

{

model = KerbonTech/Parts/KP0110/kp0110chute

}

scale = 0.1

rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---

// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z, size

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 4.6, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, 8.80, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

node_attach = 0.0, 4.6, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

// --- editor parameters ---

TechRequired = specializedControl

entryCost = 7600

cost = 1700

category = Utility

subcategory = 0

title = K-P0110 Parachute Module

description = This is actually an integral part of the K-P0110 command module. If it somehow becomes

separated, it means you've voided your warranty.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

// --- standard part parameters ---

mass = 0.3

dragModelType = default

angularDrag = 3

crashTolerance = 12

maxTemp = 3100

breakingForce = 100

breakingTorque = 50

stageOffset = -1

// ----- DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS POINT ------

MODULE

{

name = RealChuteModule

material = Nylon

caseMass = 0.3

timer = 0

mustGoDown = true

cutSpeed = 0.5

spareChutes = 5

// Main chute

capName = cap

parachuteName = canopy

preDeploymentAnimation = halfopen

deploymentAnimation = fullyopen

preDeployedDiameter = 3

deployedDiameter = 42

minIsPressure = true

minPressure = 0.01

deploymentAlt = 700

cutAlt = -1

preDeploymentSpeed = 2

deploymentSpeed = 6

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleDockingNode

referenceAttachNode = top

nodeType = size1

}

EFFECTS

{

rcpredeploy

{

AUDIO

{

channel = Ship

clip = sound_parachute_open

volume = 1

}

}

rcdeploy

{

AUDIO

{

channel = Ship

clip = sound_parachute_single

volume = 1

}

}

rccut

{

AUDIO

{

channel = Ship

clip = RealChute/Sounds/sound_parachute_cut

volume = 1

}

}

rcrepack

{

AUDIO

{

channel = Ship

clip = RealChute/Sounds/sound_parachute_repack

volume = 1

}

}

}

}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.