[WIP] Apollo-like crew module (Updated download 17.2.2014)

Ledenko

you linked the directory of a file on your computer there...You are aware that you have to upload the file to something like dropbox before linking it...

So I did...Anyway, the link is fixed now. And on an unrelated note, is this still being worked on?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Skylab Rescue Mission was what i meant, it had 2 more seats crammed into it upside down like this.

http://i.imgur.com/o0ZcPDp.jpg

Just seeing pictures like this make me claustrophobic. I mean could you imagine going through re-entry with 5 men in that capsule?! It would have obviously been an emergency thing but still!! That picture, although it looks small, makes it look larger than it actually was. Im sure they were glad they never had to use the CM as an escape pod.

• 1 month later...

Oh absolutely, I'm always interested in new (read: BETTER-LOOKING and -FUNCTIONING) command pods and related structural parts. :)

Edit: In fact, the more I think about it, there's one thing I'd really like to see developed for this command pod: A NON-Parachute docking port that is a fully enclosed aerodynamic (looking) nosecone. Without the Apollo style probe on the front, I mean. Not that the stock shielded docking port doesn't look fine on the front of the KP0110, but I think if you did a pass on a part that was made specifically for this pod, it would look and function that much better. :) Just a suggestion. It's just that I don't use parachutes, I play with a 'sci-fi' style, infinite fuel and such, so I always do powered landings, I just think it's cooler that way. So if there were a 'KP0110'-styled shielded docking port to match the pod, I'd use the pod that much more, lol.

Later! :D

Edited by Neutrinovore
To add an additional comment.

Welp, I've been out of it forever again... Is there still any interest for this? From what I remember, the module is pretty much done, only IVA left.

YOU'RE BACK!? YAY! So much interest here! (It's my go to 3 man pod)

Welp, I've been out of it forever again... Is there still any interest for this? From what I remember, the module is pretty much done, only IVA left.

So you're back? Any chance of doing some stuff for the CSS, too? :) We've got a new IVA, but there are still things left to do.

I was sure there was an awesome apollo CM made by now, weren't there some in the making? Well, I'll push a 1.0 soon with no mod dependancies (meaning no glass cockpit for now, so I can ease back into modding) as soon as I litter the inside with props and figure out why 23.5 broke flag decals...

Dragon, I'll skip for now, got too much stuff happening as is.

There's already Dragon/SpaceX mods, I'd give that a miss totally. What problems did you mean with the flag decals? I haven't noticed any.. Keep up the good work! :D

If you use a flag with transparency (like the default KSP or NASA flag) it goes all weird. Transparency issue of some sort...

Awesome Ledenko. As for other CMs, no really good Apollo pods are in the works and released, other than DennyTX's Apollo CM, which has a really heavy part count in comparison to yours. (Triple at least, AFAIK.)

But that looks really, really awesome!

Awesome Ledenko. As for other CMs, no really good Apollo pods are in the works and released, other than DennyTX's Apollo CM, which has a really heavy part count in comparison to yours. (Triple at least, AFAIK.)

FASA ??

(some more words so forum doesn't have a fit)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.