A Job At Squad

NASI Director

I had just a small question:

If I were to apply for a job at Squad, would be a requirement to learn Spanish, or should I be fine with just English and German? If I were to work on Kerbal Space Program at Squad, would it still be a requirement to learn Spanish?

Also, how much does a starter dev/rookie/QA tester make (in US dollars) and where is Squad based out of?

Edited by NASI Director

I'm not entirely saying I will apply per say, but if my future job doesn't work out, it's a nice little option.

I doubt you even need to apply with such an attitude.

Also to answer your questions to some extent - its pretty much a small deveolpment team with a rather small game. Pretty much all earnings are strongly linked to the sales. Chances are most of them are still doing it out of suasion. Maybe thinking about making more money later on.

I dont know many indie-developers but chances are they dont earn that well and have a very risky job that can end up either way.

People like Notch are the absolute minority.

That beeing said i would never hire someone that seems to see the job as some sort of plan C. If i were in the position to hire someone.

Not to mention that i doubt that you are qualified anyhow. Do you have any specific apprenticeship or knowledge?

Also since programming and the game are both in english chances are they talk english a lot. Thinking you could learn a languange that fast just like that just shows that you are probably a rather naive kid.

Sorry i am a bit harsh and maybe i even completely misjudging you.

Edited by SpaceHole

If I were to apply for a job at Squad, would be a requirement to learn Spanish, or should I be fine with just English and German?

Also, how much does a starter dev/rookie/QA tester make (in US dollars) and where is Squad based out of?

Spanish is not required.

New hires usually work a few months as an intern before they are placed on the payroll. I do not know how much others make but it's enough to keep them happy and with Squad. Squad itself is located in Mexico City, Mexico, but there are quite a few of us that live elsewhere and work remotely.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

• 1 year later...
Spanish is not required.

New hires usually work a few months as an intern before they are placed on the payroll. I do not know how much others make but it's enough to keep them happy and with Squad. Squad itself is located in Mexico City' date=' Mexico, but there are quite a few of us that live elsewhere and work remotely.

Cheers!

[b']Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

How would one go about this? I can't seem to find any information about jobs other than contact info?