[1.0.2] Persistent Trails - record, share and replay track data! (May 14, V1.2)

SirJodelstein

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't see a toolbar. This is the first time I've used any mod that uses the tool bar. Is it possible my toolbar is permanently hidden? Might I have done something to make that go away?

Never mind - found it - top left corner - hidden by my staging icons. Thx.

Edited by togfox

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to crash into the recorded vessels! What am I doing wrong? I've selected "Activate Physics Colliders" or whatever that box is, but it doesn't seem to work - either while playing, or while paused.

I think I remember being able to collide into the vessels during 0.22, but I can't verify.

not sure why, but I can't seem to access any window but the Explorer Track Window. I start a track and I see the green line behind my craft and I stop a track and the line goes away... but that's it. Clicking the Save button or Reload button does nothing and I can't find where to set track properties or turn off track vis

Is there any way to reliably get the replay models to load without all the lights/landing gears/antennas deployed? I've been fiddling with it and haven't figured anything out. Other than that this mod is freaking awesome :D

Is there any way to reliably get the replay models to load without all the lights/landing gears/antennas deployed? I've been fiddling with it and haven't figured anything out. Other than that this mod is freaking awesome :D

I fixed the lights being on a while back , but I don't think we made a new release with that fix in. I should take another look at those things.

I fixed the lights being on a while back , but I don't think we made a new release with that fix in. I should take another look at those things.

Oh okay, thanks :)

For now I'll continue stripping my replay models of their lights lol

• 4 weeks later...
If you crash into the recorded craft, do its parts get damaged or destroyed? Just wondering, cause this would be great with the Skillful mod if it did

I just tried to use this mod to run a bit of a demo of a new tank.

Here's what I found:

Before firing a missile, I opted to "control from here" at the pod that is actually on the missile. When I fired and the missile detached, the mod correctly tracked the missile instead of the tank.

The missile has a "fragmentation warhead" that scatters prior to impact. This action was not tracked (the missile stayed in one piece all the way to the ground when replayed).

The missile did not actually collide with the ground, it stopped about 1m short and stayed in one piece. Sorry, no pretty explosions :(

I agree it would be awesome if this could be turned into a full replay function. It might be harder to do in KSP than FPS games, but DCS A10 has a replay function and it's certainly at least as computationally heavy as KSP. A big job for sure, but theoretically possible. Tracking the fragments of explosions might be a bit much, probably best to let regular KSP physics take over when an explosion occurs. This does raise possible problems (for example, one explosion might kick off debris that destroys a second object, but when replayed the explosion doesn't happen quite the same way and so you get a different result from the replay). But I still think it's worth it.

Edited by allmhuran

Heavy?

In terms of disk space, a whopping 63KB!

In terms of CPU use, probably pretty low, even with a bunch of replay vessels going. They have way less stuff going on than an actual vessel with lots of parts would.

GPU-wise it would be pretty similar though.

In terms of the weight of the data, based on the fact that a stored byte can be argued to have some incredibly tiny amount of mass, it comes in at around 0.000000000000000000000001 grams (Not kidding)

Thanks for this answer :D

I needed this information because my laptop is a bit just in term of resources for heavy mods and i prefer to be careful.

I'm extremely interested to record tracks as i drive quite a lot with rovers (at the current point i made nearly 500km) and i'm interested to follow the path i really used.

How does the mod behave to the F5 - F9 quicksaves - quickloads (happens relatively often when driving a rover) ?

Thanks for this answer :D

I needed this information because my laptop is a bit just in term of resources for heavy mods and i prefer to be careful.

I'm extremely interested to record tracks as i drive quite a lot with rovers (at the current point i made nearly 500km) and i'm interested to follow the path i really used.

How does the mod behave to the F5 - F9 quicksaves - quickloads (happens relatively often when driving a rover) ?

have you tried the texture reducer by BoulderCo ? it does all mods, and with the ton of mods I have ,My KSP runs just barely over 1gb , and yeah, this trails mod barely uses anything, and it rocks... I made some wacky stuff ,flew it in a pattern then made a sleek aircraft and tried to follow it...great stuff. Also I like it for landing trajectories ,so I don't go to (or near) the same place. :) as well as other uses... top notch!

I can't make it replay the vessel craft, it only replays a green dot. Is there any configuration anywhere?, or it's because my plane has mods? (B9, procedural dynamics, and a few other)

Edit: Tried to record with another modded craft and got the same result. Using the stock Aeris 3A works fine!

Question is: Is it working with any part mod?, or just a few supported ones? thanks a lot in advance :) I just recorded myself going over mach 1 under the bridge, and want to take some shots of the plane doing it!

Edited by m1sz

I can't make it replay the vessel craft, it only replays a green dot. Is there any configuration anywhere?, or it's because my plane has mods? (B9, procedural dynamics, and a few other)

Edit: Tried to record with another modded craft and got the same result. Using the stock Aeris 3A works fine!

Question is: Is it working with any part mod?, or just a few supported ones? thanks a lot in advance :) I just recorded myself going over mach 1 under the bridge, and want to take some shots of the plane doing it!

well considering I have a ton of mods and things plus my own.....it works with them all.

I tried this once and also just got a dot. Never bothered to look into it further

Could one of you guys post your mod list? A DIR printout of GataData would do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.