[1.0.2] Persistent Trails - record, share and replay track data! (May 14, V1.2)

SirJodelstein

Is there no hotkey for displaying the window?

No, there is not. I know that the UI is pretty horrible. But currently I am having way more fun playing the game than programming for it, so the long To-Do-List will probably stay that way for some time. But its working and I am quite happy about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiousity, the OP isn't very clear about this (or I didn't see it), the only hint I saw was the "saved in files" ... I guess those trails are persistent over several "sessions"? "Log your mission" is one, so... I can save the game, quit, and continue?

Out of curiousity, the OP isn't very clear about this (or I didn't see it), the only hint I saw was the "saved in files" ... I guess those trails are persistent over several "sessions"? "Log your mission" is one, so... I can save the game, quit, and continue?

Each track is stored as a separate file (in the plugin's folder), so that sharing your tracks with others is possible. For each track, there is a "continue this track with the current vessel"-button so that you can do exactly what you asked for. Just remember to push the "save tracks" button before quitting :)

- - - Updated - - -

Can you help me with this?

Its a ball not the car? Im probably doing something wrong right?

The ball is a fallback if the vessel geometry is (for whatever reason) not available. There is a known unresolved issue with the new airplane parts and wings, so maybe thats why you get the sphere.

Great mod! Works very well.

I have one major problem however: The vessel geometry glitches out and doesn't make any sense. Mods list and problems below

5fsz7tk.png

MODS:

- [x] Science!

- Toolbar

- ATM

- Adjustable Landing Gear (BahaSP

- Atomic Age

- Camera Tools

- Community Tech Tree

- Kerbinside and Kerbinside Jobs (Contract Configurator, medsouz?

- Crossfeed Enabler

- Fantom Works KAX+

- KAX

- FAR (Modular Flight Integrator)

- KJR

- Modular Rocket Systems

- Hot Rockets (MP_Nazari?, Smoke Screen)

- Persistent Trails (your mod)

- RSC Build Aid

- Precise Node

- Real Chute

- Stock Bug Fix Modules

- Wheel Sounds

- Quick Scroll

• 4 weeks later...

Is there an upcoming fix? Its currently not doing a good job recording ships (as shown above).Also, is it mod compatible of recording parts from mods? and also, is it possible to make all ships docked or attached to also record when detached by the main ship? For example, I have a cargo plane carrying drones and I want to record those drones as well when I deploy them.Or better example, BD Armory's ,missiles being recorded when fired.

Edited by victor tan

I was just considering picking this up, but Now I'm worried about doing such seeing these glitches and Unknown if it's being fixed yet or not, even though I don't know if I would have them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a problem.

Whenever I try to record/save a track, it will show my path up to the point I stop moving and then disappear completely. It then doesn't show up on the PersistentTrails UI (after pressing Stop and Save)and I have to do everything again (Why, it won't save though).

5 hours ago, Kerban Aircraft Industries said:

I have a problem.

Whenever I try to record/save a track, it will show my path up to the point I stop moving and then disappear completely. It then doesn't show up on the PersistentTrails UI (after pressing Stop and Save)and I have to do everything again (Why, it won't save though).

Is persistent trails working for you in 1.0.5? I tried and It didnt work for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Verrrrry interested in the geometry recording part of this mod. Particularly playing back a dozen or more at the same time if possible. I'd be able to add some life in the backgrounds of my cinematics, assuming the lines can be turned off during playback. It'd be awesome if this could be updated.

• 2 weeks later...

On 20/04/2016 at 2:00 PM, achroma said:

Verrrrry interested in the geometry recording part of this mod. Particularly playing back a dozen or more at the same time if possible. I'd be able to add some life in the backgrounds of my cinematics, assuming the lines can be turned off during playback. It'd be awesome if this could be updated.

13 hours ago, Cooly568 said:

I feel like this really does need, at least another link to download from. This is a godsend for cinematic creators.

I concur. 

Edited by HatBat

I mean, does anyone here have another link? (Or, at least the files?)

Hey this is my 1000th post.

Edit: I tried the 0.90 version in 1.0.5. It did not work.

Edited by Cooly568

6 hours ago, HatBat said:

I concur. 

Completely forgot to reply to you, anyways, yeah it would be, and I had another thought. The github for this mod is up, does anyone know how to recompile a mod? If not, I'll look into it.

Breaking News update from, somewhere.

I had been talking with someone else on the forum (JPLRepo), and I was able to track down a download of the mod in the old Kerbalstuff torrent.

33 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

so you don't want it updated for KSP 1.1.2? You just want the old version? which was KSP 1.0.2.
Just that I would suspect it would not be as easy as a re-compile to get it working in 1.1.2 and will probably need significant changes.
If you just want the old version then there is a torrent available for for spaceport files. If you don't have it here is a link to the torrent file. Last time i used it (last week) it was still working.
You don't need to download the whole torrent just look for the one you want and download just that one (the torrent is sorted by userid).

I was testing it with 1.0.5, and it does in fact work. Mostly. Plane parts are borked.

Edited by Cooly568

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.