[1.0.2] Persistent Trails - record, share and replay track data! (May 14, V1.2)

SirJodelstein

On 5/4/2016 at 8:46 PM, Cooly568 said:

Breaking News update from, somewhere.

I had been talking with someone else on the forum (JPLRepo), and I was able to track down a download of the mod in the old Kerbalstuff torrent.

I was testing it with 1.0.5, and it does in fact work. Mostly. Plane parts are borked.

Erm, has anyone recompiled the mod for 1.1.2? I can't continue with my current project without it, and I don't have the time to recompile it myself right now. This is all very confusing.

• 1 month later...

On 30/06/2016 at 0:28 AM, TheRadioGuy said:

Any updates on this wonderful mod?

As the author hasn't been on the forum since start of March, I'm guessing no.
I'll take a look later on today at re-compiling it, unless someone else finds the time before me.

Under the MIT license I Rebuilt for KSP 1.1.3 - only changes I made were numerous fixes since this was last updated to make it work in KSP 1.1.3.
MIt license included in download ZIP.
Still requires Blizzy ToolBar (I did not add code to use the stock applauncher, let's see if the author returns first).
Forked Source code: https://github.com/JPLRepo/KSPPersistentTrails/tree/master
Download Zip file here: https://github.com/JPLRepo/KSPPersistentTrails/releases/tag/V1.3
I'm not taking over this mod or supporting it. I fixed it to work in KSP 1.1.3 and tested it and it appears to be working.
Let's see if the author comes back.

Edited by JPLRepo

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@HatBat and anyone else.
I've fixed this up for KSP 1.2 including fixing part loading (which I think was broken previously) it now loads all the correct parts for replay vessels.
Added stock Application Launcher Icon support. (You can still use ToolBar as well), change between the two via the in-game Settings - Difficulty menu.

Known issues I found in testing:
All Lights, Ladders, Antenna open automatically on replay vessels. - Needs to be fixed.
Sometimes the replay vessels spawn with the wrong orientation, going back to SC and back seems to fix this? - This needs to be fixed.
Struts are appearing as part of the replay vessels in the wrong place (although I think looking at the code they aren't supposed to spawn) - This needs to be fixed.
Under the original MIT license.
MIt license included in download ZIP.
Forked Source code: https://github.com/JPLRepo/KSPPersistentTrails/tree/master
Download Zip file here: https://github.com/JPLRepo/KSPPersistentTrails/releases/tag/V1.4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/22/2017 at 5:32 AM, Drew Kerman said:

hey @JPLRepo hopefully a simple request - can the trails dialog show more precision in kilometers? Out to three decimal places, if possible

Which dialog are you referring to?
Just updating this for 1.3 and looking at those couple of bugs from last time.
Think I'll open a new thread for this mod as well seeing how @SirJodelstein hasn't been back to the forums since Sept last year.

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

Which dialog are you referring to?

I meant the main window, where you can see the distance of the trail in meters and then kilometers. Would be great to have extra precision in the readout when it switches over to km. Regardless, thanks for the (forthcoming) update!

Edited by Drew Kerman

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

I meant the main window, where you can see the distance of the trail in meters and then kilometers. Would be great to have extra precision in the readout when it switches over to km. Regardless, thanks for the (forthcoming) update!

Oh I see. yes that's completely doable. and... done. (edit) assuming 3 decimal places is sufficient.

Edited by JPLRepo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.