[1.0.2] Persistent Trails - record, share and replay track data! (May 14, V1.2)

SirJodelstein

It's not talking to KMP, but it's easy to send tracks and craft files to your friends and have them show up in your game.

that's really good, and seems very simple

i can't wait to send a cargo plane with scout jets ready to be taken down

anything about the lazor missles mod?

how feasible would be to actually turn the crafts into "real" crafts that gets to a real state if you switch to them?

edit: just one thing, EVA kerbals can also be recorded?

sorry if any stupid questions i cannot test the mod right now

Edited by tetryds

that's really good, and seems very simple

i can't wait to send a cargo plane with scout jets ready to be taken down

anything about the lazor missles mod?

how feasible would be to actually turn the crafts into "real" crafts that gets to a real state if you switch to them?

edit: just one thing, EVA kerbals can also be recorded?

sorry if any stupid questions i cannot test the mod right now

The lazor missiles wouldn't be able to lock on or do damage to these vessels currently.

Switching to a playback vessel and having it become a real vessel would not be possible unless you were to go crazy bananas code-wise. (Meaning everything is possible given enough time, but some things are out of scope)

An EVA kerbal's trail can be recorded, since it's just another vessel, but it won't have a model. Actually, it probably won't even have a sphere as a representation... Gotta remember that.

@Old Man Jenkins: New sport, Buzz the Kerbal :)

Yo. When playing a flight, Sceppie’s half size parts will appear super gigantic. Is there any way to fix this?

I did a bit of a hack to stop this from happening to some of the older stock parts. It handles parts that are 10x and 100x too large, in Sceppie's parts I guess they are 5x and 50x too large, so the last check never gets performed, making it 10x too big.

I'll have to find a better way to check for super sized parts then.

• 2 weeks later...
So far haven't got this working in .23. The Icon is not showing up to toggle this mod. Anyone else with similar problems?

Icon shows for me although I haven't actually recorded a track with it in .23 yet. Maybe try reinstalling it.

Version 1.1 is out and confirmed to work with 0.23!

Changelog:

- Integration with blizzy78's excellent Toolbar plugin. It is included in the download.

- FigaroGPS support. If (and only if) you have a FigaroGPS receiver on your vessel, track recording will not be available unless at least 4 transmitters are visible.

- Changed icon folder structure.

- Fix: Ignore Launch Clamps, struts and fuel lines for replay vessels

If you are having issues with the icon not showing up, please make sure your Gamedata folder looks like this:

000_Toolbar
PersistentTrails
Squad

, and that there is a folder called "Icons" directly under the "PersistentTrails" folder. If you already have the 000_Toolbar folder from another plugin, only overwrite the Toolbar.dll if the delivered version is newer. If you are still having problems, please post a section of the Debug Log (Alt+F12) and list the mods (+versions) you are using.

Could one of you please explain the FigaroGPS intergration? Cheers.

Sure enough, but its really not more than what i posted before:

The FigaroGPS mod gives you two new parts, a transmitter and a receiver. To get the benefits of a useable GPS receiver on the surface, you need to put enough satellites with transmitters into orbit, and arrange them in a constellation so that >=4 sats are always visible in the sky (more sats = more precision). Mine looks like this, after the European Galileo GNSS, but there are plenty other constellations to achieve global coverage.

1mI1tbi.jpg

Thats FigaroGPS. Integration with PersistentTrails is optional. With PT1.1, if (and only if) you decide to put a GPS receiver on your vessel, the "start new track" and "continue track with active vessel" buttons will not be clickable unless the receiver sees four or more transmitter satellites. If you have not enough transmitters in sight, the button will display "[- NO SIGNAL -]" and be disabled. If you dont put a receiver on the vessel, or you dont have FigaroGPS installed, or you have an old version of FigaroGPS, recording will be available just like before. So its just an optional "hard mode".

Edited by SirJodelstein

This mod is amazing! But I have one question, Is there any way you can integrate this with HullCam to allow you to view your craft from the perspective of cameras mounted on it during playback? Would be amazing for machinima recording.

No, thats not possible, and would be a very far stretch, because the playback vessel is mostly geometry only. However, we have plans to make the camera follow the playback vessel, maybe something like this could be used to create a fixed camera view from the vessel.

However, we have plans to make the camera follow the playback vessel...

Please!

Oh, and I noticed animations are always the opposite when doing a playback. For example, if I take off and then pick up the landing gear, when replaying it, it will look like I took off without landing gear, and then deployed it. I'm pretty sure it's a bug. Otherwise, this is a great mod! :D

• 2 weeks later...

amazing mod, i did a little review of this mod on my youtube:

(explaining it as best i could after spending a few days using it) my sycronized flying is horrible but either way being able to see the craft i previously flew fly overhead is awesome. thank you for making a mod like this SirJodelstien

amazing mod, i did a little review of this mod on my youtube:
(explaining it as best i could after spending a few days using it) my sycronized flying is horrible but either way being able to see the craft i previously flew fly overhead is awesome. thank you for making a mod like this SirJodelstien

Nice video! Calmly explained a few things that might not be apparent to new users :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.