KSC on the Mun??

FirstyB

So i was looking through my tracking station, trying to find out where i needed to send ships to rescue Bill, Bob, and Jeb from the far flings of the solar system (since everyone ELSE at the centre is 'dispensable'), and i noticed one of my SSTO's on the Mun.

I didn't remember flying one over to land on the Mun, since a jet engine on the Mun is about as useful as chocolate oven gloves. Looking closely at it, the tracking station says my plane is at the Kerbal Space Centre, when its very clearly in a crater on the dark side of the Mun. It even has 100% fuel, something that i definitely do NOT have when/ if my SSTO ever makes it to orbit. The last time i saw it, it was sitting comfortably at the real KSC, testing its scorpion style KAS magnet. (The idea was to leech off all of my semi-full debris tanks in orbit, the handy 'eject' feature on the winch means you can do it all from the safety of the cockpit).

Have i found a top secret kerbal Mun base? Or some sort of magical portal that transports my perfectly happy terrestrial (kerrestrial?) planes? Or is this just random bug, and i should maybe grumble and get some sleep? I haven't heard of something like this before...

Cheers!

O901axS.png

Ci2lDG4.jpg

Edited by FirstyB
figuring out how to imgur link

There was mistakenly a KSC clone on the Mun back in I think 0.14.3 or something like that. It was removed in the next update. It's possible that, even though the structures were removed, the game still thinks that location is considered to be KSC. As to how your craft seemingly teleported there, that has to be an isolated event. No ideas how it could have happened.

yea it could be a mod, they always seem to be the cause of the problem. Mods i use are: Quantum Struts, KAS, Kethane, Lazer systems, SubAssembly Manager, and Chatterer. I had a lot of problems with using the Quantum struts on this plane, as activating them would cause the whole thing to spaz out and spin uncontrollably. The best analogy i have is imagine a sudden, unrelenting leg cramp, but on a space station.

On the plus side, Kerbin now looks like a crappy Saturn.

The KAS magnet is part of the Kerbal Attachment System. Basically its a tether to a ship, and at one end you have an electro magnet that will stick to other ships.

My plan was to fire the magnet at other ships whilst its 'magnetising' so that it sticks on, hopefully with a result similar to this: http://youtu.be/3C3poU_0sK4

Well, you say that your plane got teleported to the Mun... Now what would you say if a base, anchored to the ground with a KAS hook, got moved from the KSC runway to the surface of Kerbol? :D it happened to me once, it still showed as landed at KSC...

• 9 months later...
  • 8 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.