NovaSilisko vs. Unity

NovaSilisko

unity.png

Day 1:

So. I downloaded Unity Indie with the intention of making a project I\'ve had in my head for a little while: A fairly simple resource management game, where the challenge comes with fitting the required things into the space provided.

The first task was making a test scene for this:

22209007.jpg

After making my beautiful sandy box, I felt encouraged and consulted HarvesteR about C#. He recommended it over all other languages so I charged headlong into it.

unitytestblockunityreso.jpg

After some more fiddling, I achieved my first goal: Make a working camera system. RMB rotates the camera, MMB pans it, and scroll wheel zooms.

Or so I thought. Turns out the camera rotates around the origin of the world, no matter where you pan the camera to. Back to work...

unitytestblockunityreso.png

This will have to do for now. RMB pans across the map, middle mouse moves the camera up and down, and scroll wheel zooms.

Now I\'m getting somewhere. There\'s a...thing at the top. It\'s ugly, but it makes the place look vaguely more game-like, so that\'s a plus.

resourcemanagement20111.jpg

I can imagine.

Harv, how do I do this?

Why isn\'t it working?

What did you do!?

I tried not to bug him too much, and I figured out things on my own pretty well until juuust after he went offline. THEN I run into a big problem and can\'t ask the one man who knows everything!

Edit: Eh, it\'s not worth obsessing over this problem. I\'ll just restrict rotation in the Y axis until I think of a way to fix it.

Day 2:

I have performed another tremendous success! A red ball that follows your mouse cursor, confined to the plane of the world. I feel invigorated, but I woke up at 4:45 PM so that probably won\'t last.

Shortly after, I confined the position to that of the game area:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.