What is your favourite planet

SpaceSphereOfDeath

What is you favourite planet? (Voting rules below)  

1. 1. What is you favourite planet? (Voting rules below)

Terms and conditions:

You can't vote for a planet for it's moons or the lack there of

Be creative, don't say: Jool, because it's green. Say: dres, it's a challenge to get to and has some nice geographical features.

Mine would have to be between Duna and dres, Duna because we all want to land on mars.

And dres, a challenge and it's different, it's the games ONLY asteroid (as of 0.21.1) it also has that MASSSSSSSSSSIVE canyon

I happen to like Dres quite a lot myself. It's generally forgotten as the middle child between Duna and Jool, and of course never the subject of challenges since Eve and Eeloo are the more obvious choices. But I like it best. Dres doesn't try to be anything special. It's just a small rocky dwarf planet, sitting out there in what will no doubt eventually be an asteroid belt, just begging people to give it a chance. Also, as mentioned, it has that awesome canyon.

I had to decide between any of the bodies with an atmosphere because aerocapture is just so statisfying when you do it right. I ended up deciding on Duna over the rest because it's more fun than challenging. It's more accessible and when you do mess up it's much less frustrating.

Ah, but you can LITHOCAPUTRE around Duna

Nope

JK I respect your option

Kerbin, because it has the most interesting terrain.

It's a shame he's right

For all those in favour for pointy mountains every where on eeloo say aye

And renember, YOU CAN'T VOTE FOR A PLANET BASED ON ITS MOONS

so you have to vote for Jool it's self, you don't vote for Jool because you like Vall the best

Edited by SpaceSphereOfDeath

Eve, because it's a challenge to come back from and therefore encourages creative engineering. Also the whole "Blutonium rich sea water" thing brings up some good possibilities for career mode as it will become a case of "it's a hell hole for mining and returning the sources, but the product is so useful it's done anyway" like Pandora.

Am I allowed to just have the entire Jool system? :P Its a really cool place to visit, with all its moons and potential missions. I also quite like Dres, not sure why but I just do.

If Jool it's self is your favourite then why not, but if you like another planet AS A SINGLE BODY better, then please vote for that one

EDIT: launching a mission to dres :D

Edited by SpaceSphereOfDeath

Jool really is a lot of fun. Even if you don't land on any of the moons, just seeing them is neat. It's a challenge to get to Jool and quite a sight to behold. Also, the atmosphere is marvelously thick. Might be more fun to play in Kerbol's atmosphere but I can't seem to achieve the delta-v to find out.

Jool really is a lot of fun. Even if you don't land on any of the moons, just seeing them is neat. It's a challenge to get to Jool and quite a sight to behold. Also, the atmosphere is marvelously thick. Might be more fun to play in Kerbol's atmosphere but I can't seem to achieve the delta-v to find out.

I use a Bi-ecliptic transfer, much less Dv, also Kerbol doesn't seem to have one

Sorry for spoiling your fun

I use a Bi-ecliptic transfer, much less Dv, also Kerbol doesn't seem to have one

Sorry for spoiling your fun

Kerbol simply kills any craft by overheating if it get below 1.4 km height, note that the visible surface is far below the overheat zone or even zero attitude.

And yes, going out will save you a lot of dV, however low Kerbol orbit is around 12km/s after you get Pe low.

Another vote for Duna from me. It's the obvious choice after going to Mun and Minmus, is not too difficult to get to, land on and get back from, whilst still being difficult enough to make your first attempts interesting, and I think it has the coolest Easter eggs. The fact that it also has a nice moon helps as well.

Edited by Scarecrow88

Jool! ITS GREEN Jools nice cuase it has 5 moons, offering plenty of destinations, especially Laythe. Also, its big! Big as the Earth! Also the view from orbit is amazing, a big green watermelon, surrounded by a hazy green mist, with Laythe, Vall, and Tylo visible in the sky....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.