[1.0] KerbPaint - Paint layering for parts (March 30th, 2016) Community Update

Texel

Your guys' pictures are awesome, keep them coming!!!

ahappydude: Yes, Texel has a tutorial on how to in the very first post, inside the image gallery. You need an image editing software though. I use an old Adobe Photoshop cs3 and it works fine.

I'm currently working on getting LacklustreLabs working. I have all the engines, most the command pods and about half the fuel tanks done. The 2x1 and circular tanks are not cooperating though. When i get those working, I will release an Addon pack for it.

Also, if anyone is interested in attempting to make a map for the goo container and materials bay I would be thankful as i cannot find the ding-dang textures for them anywhere. ^_^

War Eagle 1: I am sorry I did not get your email. In case my reply wasn't very helpful, inside the zip for stock addon is a gamedata folder. If you merge that folder with the already existing gamedata folder it should work fine.

If anyone would be kind enough to report any bugs that pop up from the patch, I would be thankful.

Yep,they changed the overlay for the cockpits for the flags to be stuck on.Which means the painted one doesn't,and probably won't,work.

So should we hold off until it updated or everything else still works?

Spartwo: Thankyou for reporting this, hopefully it is simply a matter of them changing which shaders are used for those parts. I will take a look at it and see what I can do.

So, I did a quick check and Command Pod 1 and 2 plus the cupula are broken, if someone could list any other parts that have stopped working I'd be thankful.

Edited by Tenneko Kazeno

War Eagle 1: I am more than glad to help with anything needed, thank you for sticking with it and not giving up. ^_^

After quite a while, I'm happy to say I have another update for you guys!!!

This is all the new parts from NASA, and fixes for the command pods that broke with the update. I had a lot of problems with the Advanced Engine and the LES, so right now they are single color only.

Also, learning from the trouble War Eagle 1 had getting my download to work, I am making this update and all future updates .zip files.

When I finish the first version of the LackLustreLab Addon I will be starting a new thread and all future updates of the Stock Addon will appear there. Hopefully .24 will come out soon, giving me more to work on in stock. ^_^

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Stock Addon V.4

-Fixed Command pod 1 and 2

-Fixed Cupula

-Added Grabber

-Added Advanced Engine

-Added Four Engine Cluster

-Added Twin Engine Booster

-Added Massive SRB

-Added All new fuel tanks

-Added 3.75m decoupler and adapter

-Added LES

Stock Addon V.3

-Mk1 Lander Can

-Small Control Surface

-Small docking port

-Medium docking port

-Cube Probe core

-Rover body

-Landing Leg

-Large landing leg

-Edited Kerbpaint.cfg to remove old small control surface config which was bugged

Stock Addon V.2

-Struts

-I-Beams

-girders

-Mk.2 to mk1. adapter

-Changed the layout of the .cfg file so please delete parachutesingle.cfg and structuralpanel1and2.cfg if you installed Stock Addon V.1, also allow this to overwrite anything it asks as the original mod had a mk.2 to mk.1 adapter shader map that didn't work.

Stock Addon V.1

-parachuteSingle

-StructuralPanels

These shader maps are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License by Tenneko Kazeno. All this means is give me credit and you can alter them and use them in other mods. I would like to be informed though. Also keep in mind I have no say over the mod itself, only these addons.

Edited by Tenneko Kazeno

I absolutely love this mod! Theres nothing more satisfying than having a painted space program! Also a massive Thank You to Tenneko Kazeno for updating this, you sir are legend and I tip my bump hat to you :)

pingopete: Sorry, this mod won't let that happen because the texture on the top of the wing is the same as the bottom, so any changes made would affect the bottom and top. Now, if you found a wing that used two different textures, one for the top of the wing and one for the bottom, I could make a map for both and it would let you shade the bottom a different color than the top. Right now, because how parts are made, I do not know of any wings this would be possible with. If you do find any I will gladly make this happen for you. ^_^

Procedural wings are still supported I think, so you should at least be able to make them different colors. If that has broken please tell me and I will do my best to fix it.

I'm making a space shuttle in RSS using procedural wings and was hoping I could get a black underside of the wings with white on top I.E. heat shielding. Would this be possible with this mod?

One way you can do that is add one set of wings and paint it black, then add a white set of wings right on top of it. Not the best advice but it may work

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.