[1.0] KerbPaint - Paint layering for parts (March 30th, 2016) Community Update

Texel

Hi, i have an issue using this on 1.1.3. I have these mods:

KJR, MechJeb2, Near Future Solar, PlanetaryBaseInc, RealPlume, SXT, Ven's StockRevamp, and zzRFstockalike along with Kerbpaint.

When i hover over a part and press "P" it gets highlighted, but the GUI does not open, nothing else happens. I can basically do everything but actually paint the part. BTW it was a stock, non-modded part other than Revamp.

Help?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2016 at 8:42 AM, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Hi, i have an issue using this on 1.1.3. I have these mods:

KJR, MechJeb2, Near Future Solar, PlanetaryBaseInc, RealPlume, SXT, Ven's StockRevamp, and zzRFstockalike along with Kerbpaint.

When i hover over a part and press "P" it gets highlighted, but the GUI does not open, nothing else happens. I can basically do everything but actually paint the part. BTW it was a stock, non-modded part other than Revamp.

Help?

It's the same issue we've been having. Currently there's a lack of skilled enough people to fully fix it (No offense intended, selfish_meme :sealed:).

Also, it's in fact frustrating for this mod to be left bugged, but we might risk getting this thread closed -- It's against forum rules.

28 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Uh... do we still press P to paint parts? I placed kerbpaint.dll in my GameData folder but when I press P nothing happens. I am using a PC with Windows 8, so it can't be that it doesn't work on Mac/Linux.

Yep, same old P. Did you remember to replace the old dll. in the KerbPaint file, or did you just slap the dll. into the game data file.

28 minutes ago, kapteenipirk said:

Yep, same old P. Did you remember to replace the old dll. in the KerbPaint file, or did you just slap the dll. into the game data file.

I just put it right in the GameData file, I'll try replacing the old .dll.

Oh wait, my game is running... Well, looks like it's time for some open heart surgery!

Yep, it definitely works, but a lot of the paint masks are still really weird/inconvenient, and many parts appear to not have paint masks at all.

Here's my F9F after applying paint to every part that allowed it

qCGnjuB.jpg

I don't get why some parts like the nosecone and cockpit only have paint in some places. If you're going to do a pattern on it, please just make it the secondary or tertiary colors, and leave the primary color to cover the entire part.

Oh well, at least it finally works now. I can actually give Real Ships a try, provided it's still functional in 1.1.3.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

23 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Yep, it definitely works, but a lot of the paint masks are still really weird/inconvenient, and many parts appear to not have paint masks at all.

It might be that you'll do the same thing as i did, where i slapped the old masks in with the new ones. I originally did that to allow me to paint Prosedural wings that i used on my 1:1 AN-225 Mriya.

BUT, there is a side effect tough, you will have to repaint the "mirrored" paints, as it seems to only apply the paint on the other side. But, after you paint the ones that are left blank, it to applies it to both sides.

This is propably due to )as @selfish_memesaid) the presence of two masks for a single part, and it doesn't really like that.

Aka, stuff is getting a bit overwritten/overlapped.

atvSDsG.png

But yea, should still work, tough it might be a bit annoying to repaint parts.

Or it might just be that the shaders you have a really old and don't really work anymore. And that you should look for the latest shader pack release.

Because i do remember that most of the parts where fully paintable and that the only thing that didn't work anymore was Prosedural wings and some of the other supported mods.

But i don't know, it could be something else too.

Edited by kapteenipirk

20 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

ummm, I _am_ linuxgurugamer

Are you using the latest dll?  also, I don't use this mod, I just recompiled it for 1.1.3.  Are you running 1.1.3?  

My understanding is that you need to install the full mod, then replace the dll with the one I supplied

I see, excuse my ignorance :D. I will give that a shot.

EDIT: Works thank you

Edited by storm_soldier2377

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

B9PawXC.jpgSw5guew.jpgI was trying to get Kerbpaint to work in KSP 1.1.3 on Mac, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Some parts for example the some Mk2 spaceplane parts and many 1.25M parts are black, and while the interface shows up for them, but no change. For unblackened parts, the interface won't show up at all. I'm assuming it's because i'm running OSX. So are there any ideas on how it might be fixed/if caused by running Mac fixes are coming.

There's two issues with Macs ( will be the same with Linux presumably as it's also OpenGL ) - one is that the old way of loading shaders by compiling inline doesn't work and you have to load from assetbundles, and the second is nobody seems to be able to compile working shaders for old versions of OpenGL at the moment ( --force-glcore32 on any platform to test ).

I have something which has 80% of the required functionality of a replacement for this ( as an outgrowth of work on something else ) along with some extras, I just have no idea how to write UIs yet :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.