[1.0] KerbPaint - Paint layering for parts (March 30th, 2016) Community Update

Texel

Can somebody please explain me what I have to do to install the mod in the 1.1.3. version?
I've been trying for hours and I couldn't, this is driving me crazy!

I have downloaded the original mod (1.0) and placed it in the GameData directory, and then I downloaded the recompiled file for the 1.1.3. version and replaced the kerbpaint.dll file, but it doesn't work.
Probably I´m doing something wrong, so, if somebody could explain me step by step what I have to do, which file(s) I have to replace and how, I would be very thankful. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Azimech said:

So ... what does that mean? Help from Squad is needed?

It means that I haven't yet had much time to work on this :D

Of course, if someone else wanted to, I'd be very happy;  I've been doing the recompiles because they were easy to do, but this involves some work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2016 at 2:05 PM, Gyn said:

I find it almost impossible to play without this mod, so I would greatly appreciate someone updating it for 1.2.1.

Yea I wish it was updated to 1.2.1, as well...  Also wish that it can be camouflaged so I can make my battleship more realistic,  or even make a glow on 1 of my cruisers as if it was in arppegio of blue steel. :wink:

Edited by Komander Faul

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe this helps? The .dll in this mod uses sliders to change the colour of the car body parts. It's from 0.90 but still works in 1.2.2! Source is included.

I added the module to a standard wing part. The window shows up but it doesn't change the colour.

Gn7kkJh.png

Edited by Azimech

7 hours ago, gomker said:

linuxgurugamer I think I got it working a bit , sending a PR 

Test release here - https://github.com/gomker/kerbpaint/releases/tag/1.2

//Note : Windows only for now, I need to upload mac/linux bundles

Got the PR, thanks.

The message in the PR says something about fixing a UI.  let me know if you can't, the big issue for me was the shader issues.  

For everybody, once @gomker gets all the shaders, I'll do a somewhat more official release.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.