[1.0] KerbPaint - Paint layering for parts (March 30th, 2016) Community Update

Texel

Hey guys, sorry I've been gone so long, home and job probelms. I'm going to take your advice and start up a new thread so my additions are easier to find. I will probably do B9, D12, and spaceplane plus as I get time but most of what I did for LLL is now trash due to the updated models he made. Also, I've somehow lost access to my mediafire account and so had to set up a new one. As soon as I have made some progress, probably on SPP, I'll post the new thread.

Hey guys, sorry I've been gone so long, home and job probelms. I'm going to take your advice and start up a new thread so my additions are easier to find. I will probably do B9, D12, and spaceplane plus as I get time but most of what I did for LLL is now trash due to the updated models he made. Also, I've somehow lost access to my mediafire account and so had to set up a new one. As soon as I have made some progress, probably on SPP, I'll post the new thread.

Remember to post here too, so we know when you do that post! :)

Anyone happen to have a working setup that allows kerbpaint on Procedural Dynamics' procedural control surface? Right now the only things supported are the basic wings. (I'd like to be able to make my control surfaces fit in with the painted wings.)

That's pretty much needed yeah :D

• 2 weeks later...
This.

<sipped image>

When this gets fixed I'm all in. I don't know how the rest of you stand it. It's definitely not by being ADHD. That's not it.

Please, I'm more ADHD then a box of squirrels on a gallon of caffeine, and I find that bug bloody hilarious and amazing :D

It's pretty simple, just install it like any other addon. I would suggest not using a mod manager to install it though. I used one a while back and it tended to install the mod, but not install all the files that it did not recognize due to the part masks not having a file extension. all other additional packs can be installed much the same way if you match the directory structure. It still works though, as far as I can tell. It just lacks configurations for all the more recent additions to the stock parts and, of course, the majority of mod parts.

Ok I just downloaded Stock add-on V4 on page 30 and put that file into the game data file. It still is not working.

Never mind. I got it working again.

But it wasn't as simple as you said

I had to download Stock add-on V4 and put that in the game data file then download the original kerbpaint on page 1 and put that in the plugin file

thanks anyway.

Edited by War Eagle 1

Can u help me? i downloaded the Mod (Page1). Put the KerbPaint Folder in my GameData. If i press "P" nothing happens. No Window no nothing.

Edit: Okay i guess i tried to paint something what isnt supported yet. Is There a LLL Support out yet? How do i install more Supported Parts?

Edited by mJrA

I started playing with making shader maps about a week ago, in the process I had to learn how to GIMP....erm...how to use GIMP. It's been fun! Having seeked approval where necessary here are the fruits of my labour.

Procedural Fairings

Procedural Wings

Spaceplane Plus

There's some touching up I might do but there at a point where others may appreciate the added decorative abilities.

Enjoy.

Edited by Manwith Noname
Changed link to V1.1 SP+

Thanks Manwith, we're always happy to see people helping out. I would suggest creating a new thread for your addons like I'm going to with a link back to here. I've had no time to work on this due to a move so its nice to see someone made progress, and that nothing broke with the .24 update. Did you do all of the SPP parts? Are you interested in providing support for more mods? If you do start another thread, remember to include links to each of the mods you have created a compatibility patch for.

mJrA: Right now, LLL is not supported, I was working on a patch for it, but then he made those new awesome models which made all the maps I made worthless. I'll get back to that eventually. To install new part patches open up the zip file, if inside that file there is a gamedata folder, simply merge that folder with your ksp gamedata folder

Edited by Tenneko Kazeno

So, I noticed this is now compatible with "Spaceplane Plus." Good stuff... except... one little teeny tiny problem. Lit windows. As in, they don't light up anymore. This is the same problem that I encountered when trying to make the B9 cockpits work with this stuff, LLL as well has this problem. It seems the shader completely disrupts the window emissions. I remember there was a fix a while back, but I'm way too lazy to search all 38 posts for that reference.

BTW: I found that the version of ModuleManager included with the SP+ Kerbpaint addon interferes with the control surface tweakables of FAR. It removed the Flap/Spoiler/ControlMax tweakable options that FAR adds.

Deleting the SP+/Kerbpaint ModuleManager dll returned things to normal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.