[1.0] KerbPaint - Paint layering for parts (March 30th, 2016) Community Update

Texel

Despite some posts a few pages back, it appears that Kerbpaint is once again an unmaintained zombie mod.

This is a prime candidate for another modder to recreate; hell, forget mods, it should be stock.

i totally agree.. it should be a stock features, maybe even with camo patterns or decals.

ok i managed to edit some parts on my own (nosecones A and B, NCS adapter, standard nosecone,engine pre cooler, engine nacelle, ram air intake and an edited mk1 inline cockpit)

here it is the files, just replace the old inside your kerbpaint folder (0.25 and 0.90 parts are already included so don't worry).

The pack contains pieces edited from other people, struts connectors etc but i don't know who did it so i can't give them credit :(

I think the structural parts are done by spartwo but not totally sure.

zVi3sWF.png

Here it is the file

DOWNLOAD

just replace all the old folder with this new one inside you gamedata folder.

Everyone that wants to update mod on their own, I can help. I am pretty good in Blender, photoshop, corel and flash, but I know nearly nothing about coding. Just tell me where are files of layer masks, color maps or something that tells KSP what part of craft is painted, and I will do the... thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, just popping in to say thanks for getting this working again.

Also, is it possible to disable symmetry for the paint? I remember the last version had a bug/feature that it wouldn't do symmetry and you'd have to colour each part individually, but it also meant you could have asymmetric liveries.

Just downloaded today (with help from the lovely viewers of KSPTV) and my first thought was obviously, Thunderbird 3.

It's a beast of a ship, 0-60 in less time than it takes to drop a pencil (not kidding, it's acceleration is insane.), and I owe it to this mod!

first mod I've downloaded too.

I think it's the go-faster stripes that did it...

• 2 weeks later...

So . . . what am I missing? Did a custom image for the MK1 Inline Cockpit so I could hopefully get that nice golden colored glass on my Raptor . . . This is what I ended up with:

Left: _Paint file; Right: Stock Texture; Bottom: Paint result

XKJABRx.png

• 2 weeks later...
What are the chances of getting the parts from QuizTech aero pack included in the next update?

I believe you should be asking 'What are the chances of a next update?' Before asking that question.

• 2 weeks later...
left ctrl and p pressed together bring up the program..of maybe alt + p.

That... unfortunately does not work for me. Ctrl-p brings up the Kopernicus planet editor. Alt-p does nothing. It's possible that they both want to use the same key and the last mod to load hijacks it.

If there's any possibility of giving KerbPaint an icon in the tool menu, that would be magnificent and solve all potential clashes :)

*edit* I renamed the KerbPaint folder to zKerbPaint... now pressing p when hovering on a part brings up the painting menu. The power of the alphabet! :confused:

Edited by eddiew

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.