[1.0] KerbPaint - Paint layering for parts (March 30th, 2016) Community Update

Texel

• 2 weeks later...
This.

kpaint-bug_zps3715bca7.jpg

When this gets fixed I'm all in. I don't know how the rest of you stand it. It's definitely not by being ADHD. That's not it.

I've seen that bug sometime before in my own game, and I've never used this mod. I think you might be low on memory.

If paint is applied to a craft, can the craft be shared as stock? Or will I need to label it as a Mod Craft?

It can be shared as stock, paint will be saved with craft when the mod is installed, and lost if the craft is saved while the mod is not installed - Additionally reloading configurations will prevent parts from being painted until the game is relaunched.

Crap.

Thanks for the info though.

Must... wait... for new job... before buying new computer.

This is definitively NOT a memory issue. The current version does not check all the shaders in the renderers when it overrides shaders, causing it to occasionally screw up and apply the shader override to all child renderers, including particle effects. I left off on my mod trying to rewrite that section when work caught up to me, so while the particle painting is a definite 'will be fixed' next update, I've been dawdling about unable to work up the motivation do a proper update ontop of work (As it would require a bunch of new masks).

If work lets up over the next few weeks I do intend to come back and do a proper update with proper support for science modules and fixes for paint leaks, though at this point I'd have to get past having fun with science to continue B9 support.

Probably a stupid question, but how do I use this? When I mouse over certain parts and press P the menu shows up, but whatever I click in there, nothing changes (except for changes in the menu itself like Show advanced and Solids). Pressing P again also does nothing.

Dude, you're awesome. You're as much a pioneer as Kragrathea. You've both made a mod that allows for increased options. Both mods required extreme workingness to get them done. And both of them have limited mod compatability. Good Job!

This is definitively NOT a memory issue. The current version does not check all the shaders in the renderers when it overrides shaders, causing it to occasionally screw up and apply the shader override to all child renderers, including particle effects. I left off on my mod trying to rewrite that section when work caught up to me, so while the particle painting is a definite 'will be fixed' next update, I've been dawdling about unable to work up the motivation do a proper update ontop of work (As it would require a bunch of new masks).

If work lets up over the next few weeks I do intend to come back and do a proper update with proper support for science modules and fixes for paint leaks, though at this point I'd have to get past having fun with science to continue B9 support.

Awesome. Please keep us posted. This is, in my opinion, a must-have.

I ask again: can anyone give a quick explanation on how to use this? It seems not to work and I am not sure whether I do not understand how to use correctly or that it might be a mod conflict.

Probably a stupid question, but how do I use this? When I mouse over certain parts and press P the menu shows up, but whatever I click in there, nothing changes (except for changes in the menu itself like Show advanced and Solids). Pressing P again also does nothing.
Edited by Camacha

Wow, this looks awesome. I'll try this out as soon as possible when I get home.

Suggestions for mods to integrate?
After KW and B9, I would say KSPX and RLA Stockalike should be next.

Would it be possible to add a "default" recoloring method that works on all parts that don't have a mask designed for them? Maybe some kind of color rotation or replacement effect, or even just a color filter? That would probably be useful for as-of-yet unsupported mods.

Thanks again for a letting me color my bases and such. really. Thanks. :):):)

Could you please giva a quick explanation on how to use tis mod? Whatever I do, it does not seem to work for me (see explanation above). I would like to know wheter it is my fault or something is wrong.

Please explain :)

Could you please giva a quick explanation on how to use tis mod? Whatever I do, it does not seem to work for me (see explanation above). I would like to know wheter it is my fault or something is wrong.

simply install following the instructions. when in game hover your mouse over the part you want to paint and press P Kerb paint menu should come up. Then

hover mouse over part you want to paint,press p then select the color you want and it should be applied to the part.

DF1075D9B1C6406E9317BBF1524B690E5E9C2736

simply install following the instructions. when in game hover your mouse over the part you want to paint and press P Kerb paint menu should come up. Then

hover mouse over part you want to paint,press p then select the color you want and it should be applied to the part.

Finally someone explained it, thank you!

That is what I thought, but unfortunately does not work in my install. I will need to investigate, but at least it means something is broken and it is not my lack of understanding how to use the mod.

Edited by Camacha

Finally someone explained it, thank you!

That is what I thought, but unfortunately does not work in my install. I will need to investigate, but al least it means something is broken and it is not my lack of understanding how to use the mod.

If I could receive a copy of your output log just to make sure the plugin is being properly initialized, that would help me diagnose the issue.

In more general news, for those of you awaiting an update, I'm mostly waiting for the .23 release's "Tweakables" feature as being able to associate metadata with parts in editor and have proper load order and instancing is hopefully what will fix most of the pending lurking issues.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.