Anyone made the PSLV or GSLV?

Kerbal01

• 1 month later...

I'm currently researching those two LVs, I'll let you know when I have built something presentable

No mods though, I'm going to try stock versions (with part clipping ofcourse). I already built a quick IRSO Orbital Vehicle, and I'll soon start work on a suitable GSLV to get it into orbit

After that, I'll see what I can do with the PSLV

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

As an ISRO lover, I tried though but due to overthrust and mass, it fails to align while at Ap for orbit. GSLV Mk-III looks like NASA booster Delta IV Heavy, boosters are actually solid but i have to use it Liquid, a modified part may help.

• 2 years later...

I did, I have made all the variants of the PSLV using 6 Thumper SRBs for the first stage, a mainsail engine with a orange rockomax tank for the second stage, a Skipper engine with the rockomax X-200-32 fuel tank for the third stage and a Poodle with the X200-8 for the last stage followed by a 2.5m fairing shaped similar to the heat shield of the actual PSLV.

The PSLV-XL uses 8 SRBs instead of 6 and has an extra fuel tank in every stage.

The PSLV-C uses four boosters with some fuel removed from each stage.

The PSLV has served me well and works better than the Kerbal X while costing only 47k for the normal variant, 40k for the CA variant and 50k for the XL variant.

I have made a GSLV Mk-III with the first stage as two boosters of mainsail engines along with an orange rockomax booster and a X-200-17 tank. The second stage is a twin boar engine while the third is a skipper with 3 X-200-16 fuel tanks. It costs only 72k and can lift mun and minmus landers as well as probes to most of the planets.

Edited by Anurag111

On 9/15/2013 at 12:57 PM, Kerbal01 said:

Especially the PSLV with its alternating solid and liquid stages, they'd be interesting rockets for ksp, plus people could recreate RL launches (something that I and I'm sure others do).More info on both rockets can be found here:http://space.skyrocket.de/doc_lau_fam/pslv.htm

Have you seen Core mods ?