[1.05] Fusebox - electric charge tracker and build helper. 1.52 released 24th Jan 16

Ratzap

I just wanted to point out that RemoteTech has been updated for version 0.90 by a member of the development team on Github. Unfortunately, the member that created the new forum thread has been inactive, so the first post in that thread is out of date now.

Also, I like that Blizzy's toolbar is much more compact and customizable than the stock toolbar.

Edited by criminy

I just wanted to point out that RemoteTech has been updated for version 0.90 by a member of the development team on Github. Unfortunately, the member that created the new forum thread has been inactive, so the first post in that thread is out of date now.

Also, I like that Blizzy's toolbar is much more compact and customizable than the stock toolbar.

Good catch, I don't watch the RT2 thread so I just go by the header or first post. I've linked to the 1.5.2 DLL. Near future has updated 2 parts but not the one I need to link to so that's still out.

I've wrapped up what I have now and I'll put it up.

Blizzy has released 1.7.8 toolbar at the same time as I was putting up 1.2 Fusebox. I've just downloaded the new toolbar and tested to make sure 1.2 (which is linked against the older toolbar) works ok. It's fine so I'll skip putting out another catchup release for now.

• 2 weeks later...

It did, but not in the new version, because TAC-LS hasn't been updated for 0.90. TaranisElsu has released a dll that's compiled against the 0.90 libraries, but hasn't yet had the time to go through everything. People say it works, but YMMV.

For what it's worth, Kerbals don't need *that* much electric charge, and you should always treat this mod's output as a lower bound anyway (it assumes all solar panels are perfectly pointed, etc.).

You can count me among those saying TAC-LS is working in .90. Working wonderfully in fact.

I appreciate that Errol but it's not been officially released meaning he could well change a bunch of things when it is released making problems for me. Putting it back in shouldn't be much effort but only when it's released for 0.90 in his thread post.

Those are the source files so you've not actually installed the mod. Inside the zip next to those .cs files is a folder GameData, you merge that with your KSP GameData to install (like most other mods do it). Ignore the source files unless you feel like changing the mod, they are required by Squad to be available but they are not what you run.

Did your first download attempt fail? That '(1)' in the name indicates it's the second time it was downloaded. I'm thinking you have a bad zip there which would explain why the folder is missing for you.

Would it be possibly at all for you to upload Fusebox to kerbalstuff.com as well? I think it would get better visibility over there too :)

Also, would you mind terribly if I package your mod for CKAN? This effort would also benefit greatly if your mod were on kerbalstuff, as that site provides much richer metadata for packaging purposes :)

Yes, I tried download it 3 times.

Check it: http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/220284-fusebox/files/2222611

Just downladed it again and there is only those 3 files.

You must have a bad copy in your cache. I've downloaded both the curse and dropbox files again just now and they are fine - contain GameData. Sorry spad but the problem is on your machine somewhere. I would suggest trying the dropbox link or clear your browser cache and try again.

Hakan, the way some folk feel about Curse is kinda how I feel about Kerbalstuff. I might change my mind in time now the stats mess is behind us but right now I'm happy with Curse and a dropbox alternate. I was looking at the documentation for CKAN with a view to writing the metadata for the next release of Fusebox but if you feel comfortable doing it by all means go for it.

You must have a bad copy in your cache. I've downloaded both the curse and dropbox files again just now and they are fine - contain GameData. Sorry spad but the problem is on your machine somewhere. I would suggest trying the dropbox link or clear your browser cache and try again.

I changed program to unzip and it worked.

Thanks. Very useful mod.

I might leave toolbar as an option and make the stock default. The problem with two display methods though is you have a fair bit of complexity to keep them from falling over each other and I don't want to allocate resource for something that isn't used. If it gets messy toolbar will have to go but I'll try and keep it.

The only issue with the stock toolbar is this:

4rYJEy9.png

Eventually it will start to run over the center GUI. Until Squad does something about this, all mods should work to retain Toolbar support for people using a lot of mods that require GUI buttons.

Obviously this is a mock-up image and thankfully I have yet to experience the toolbar overrunning the central GUI widget (however if all my mods required the AppLauncher it definitely would), so I'm assuming this is what will happen

^^

Yup...Especially for those of us on laptops, or sub-20" monitors... Even on my HUGE 17.3" laptop, i am limited to running a stock, non-modded KSP on a 1368x700 something resolution...Basically only 3/4 of the screen at best...Add mods, and i have to go down to a 1280 or lower...So screen realestate is a real issue...

While the stock buttons LOOK nice at full res, and big like that, I am limited to 1/4 or 1/2 res, so my buttons look like so much mush, and are WAY too big for my liking...

I hope Squad also is planning on adding some user settings for organizing and rearranging the stock TB...

Valid points made but then again there are the people who will not use toolbar or hate the standard one. At the moment I'm looking at an almost total re-write using TriggerAu's plugin framework (which is based on the standard UI bar) but I'll try and keep toolbar as an option.

Your plugin is an excellent tool, thanks for update it.

Unfortunately, it is not doing the reading of consumption of Remote Tech 1.6.0 antennas.

RT 1.6 has changed the structure of the DLL slightly (he's moved some of the modules around). RT 1.5 is still used a lot so for now, try this DLL and let me know if it's picking up his changes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71576136/Fusebox.dll

slight issue in 0.90 with latest release (not DLL above). Flight scene loads with window somewhat visible but non-interactive (left) and then after you click the Blizzy toolbar button to show it it pops up (right) and you can interact and move it around but clicking the toolbar window with any mouse button won't close it again. Not really a huge deal since it hides properly with F2 and I don't usually ever have a reason to close it but just FYI.

o7FnCaO.png

slight issue in 0.90 with latest release (not DLL above). Flight scene loads with window somewhat visible but non-interactive (left) and then after you click the Blizzy toolbar button to show it it pops up (right) and you can interact and move it around but clicking the toolbar window with any mouse button won't close it again. Not really a huge deal since it hides properly with F2 and I don't usually ever have a reason to close it but just FYI.

http://i.imgur.com/o7FnCaO.png

That is extremely odd. The display code is an all or nothing deal controlled by 1 boolean meaning that if it's drawing frame parts, it's running through the functions that draw everything. Clicking the toolbar button simply toggles the state of the boolean. So if it opens, it's changed the boolean state and drawn content. I'm stumped as to how it could only half work, it should be impossible. Can you try deleting your config file

GameData\Fusebox\Plugins\PluginData\Fusebox\config.xml

and see if that clears it up?

Can you try deleting your config file and see if that clears it up?

Here's some more oddness - I don't have a config file. I took the config.xml from my 0.25 KSP folder and stuck it in there and still had the same behavior. Also deleted the last DLL released and replaced it with the newer DLL above

output_log.txt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.