[1.05] Fusebox - electric charge tracker and build helper. 1.52 released 24th Jan 16

Ratzap

There used to be real delta, then I decided that it would be better to have exact values for consumption and production. Forgot to change label.

It is pretty easy to integrate. Make couple of fields public. And add partmodule so RPM can read variables. Source code is wiithin zip attached

BTSM support was removed with 0.90 because for a while he wasn't going to update at all. I don't know what you mean with RSS, I have an RP-0 GameData and it works just fine there and has done for quite a while.

I could put BTSM back in if it's stable now. I'm mostly on hold waiting on the release with an event in RequestResource since that will end all this mod update silliness.

Last time i played was like .23 or something, so it was a while ago and i couldnt find a config for RSS, but thats irrelevant. AFAIK BTSM is stable in .90, i've been using it for quite a bit. And I don't blame you for waiting, bit of a pain to keep up with all these updates. When you do get it all set though pop BTSM in there for me if you would be such a dear =P

Right, I got latest SCANsat, BTSM, TACLS and RT2 versions, switched the support back on where it was missing and released it as 1.3. Acknowledgements for the CKAN config and RPM code are in the readme and the OP.

And I have a special DLL for Padimur to test https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71576136/Fusebox.dll

I put your code into my namespace and set the relevant variables as internal, it compiles fine and should work (based on the 1.3 version). Once you've confirmed it functions it will be the next release.

I have kind of an oddball request. The Universal Storage mod includes a fuel cell that consumes hydrogen and oxygen and generates electric charge. Thing is, it's implemented as a Regolith resource converter, which Fusebox doesn't seem to know about. Is there any way that Fusebox could be extended to know about Regolith converters? The Karbonite pack includes a part that consumes Karbonite and generates electric charge; it's implemented the same way, as a "REGO_ModuleResourceConverter," and it'd be great if Fusebox knew to look for that.

I know this is kind of a niche thing. I don't know how many people are using Regolith or mods based on Regolith. If you're just not into it, that's totally okay. Thanks anyway.

Universal Storage: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/75129-Universal-Storage-1-0-90-2-(For-KSP-0-90)-19th-January-2015

Karbonite: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/89401-0-90-Karbonite-Mineable-Burnable-and-Community-Driven-0-5-2-2015-01-27

Regolith: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100162-0-90-Regolith-an-open-ISRU-and-Resource-framework-0-1-3-2015-01-27

So um, I just realized i don't have a toolbar icon for fusebox, Not that it really matters its usually up regardless but did you switch it to the stock toolbar? or is it still using just the mod toolbar?

That is unchanged over 1.2: blizzy toolbar or stand alone. Make sure you got 1.3 from the dropbox because curse still haven't responded to my ticket and fixed the file there. I was using 1.3 yesterday and the icon was there.

jefferyharrell: read this post TLDR; When squad add the thing the new version will grok everything.

1.3 you added back in BTSM which is working correctly but i'm not seeing a toolbar right now. Possibility of it being "pushed" out so to speak by an abundance of other icons?

Ah hold on, which scene is it not appearing in? It's configured to only be visible in the VAB, SPH and flight. Anywhere else it will show up in the toolbar button config list but the button will not appear when selected. This is because the plugin can only function where there is a working vessel (list of parts) but it remains registered with toolbar in all scenes.

Ratzap, I love this mod and can't play with out it!

I'm having trouble though. I have a simple rocket made of all stock parts, just fuel tanks a booster and a liquid fuel engine with a probe core, batteries and some static solar panels and a few antennas. When i'm in the VAB and have the engines connected it tells me I'm generating power, even if i uncheck the engines or change the engine thrust slider all the way down. I think it is only counting 1 antenna for power consumption because it says that I'll be generating more than enough power, but I can only turn on 1 antenna while i'm in flight and still have enough power.

any ideas why it might be behaving this way? i'm using ksp .9 and the 1.3 of fuse box. thanks for any help.

Ratzap, I love this mod and can't play with out it!

I'm having trouble though. I have a simple rocket made of all stock parts, just fuel tanks a booster and a liquid fuel engine with a probe core, batteries and some static solar panels and a few antennas. When i'm in the VAB and have the engines connected it tells me I'm generating power, even if i uncheck the engines or change the engine thrust slider all the way down. I think it is only counting 1 antenna for power consumption because it says that I'll be generating more than enough power, but I can only turn on 1 antenna while i'm in flight and still have enough power.

any ideas why it might be behaving this way? i'm using ksp .9 and the 1.3 of fuse box. thanks for any help.

Ok, the filter you're looking for is 'Alternators'. The engines in that list means engines which USE charge, engines which generate power when they run have an alternator module. If you make something with ion engines you'll see what I mean - engines would filter those and the throttle would let you see how much gets used at what thrust setting.

It's not appearing in any scene. The icon only though, The actual window itself is visible, I just can't close it when electricity isn't of concern.

Some pics to clarify : http://imgur.com/a/wx242 I realize it's not both the VAB and SPH, But I can assure you its the same for both.

Just to make sure I read what you wrote correctly, it should be working with the stock toolbar correct?

It's not appearing in any scene. The icon only though, The actual window itself is visible, I just can't close it when electricity isn't of concern.

Some pics to clarify : http://imgur.com/a/wx242 I realize it's not both the VAB and SPH, But I can assure you its the same for both.

Just to make sure I read what you wrote correctly, it should be working with the stock toolbar correct?

No, if blizzys toolbar isn't present it'll just appear as a box by itself. When I do the big rewrite for the next release I'll put in stock bar support. So if you've not got blizzys toolbar installed, click the top of the window to make it minimise to a name bar.

I'm seeing some strange behavior with this mod and I'm wondering if I've got something misconfigured or just not understanding how it is supposed to work. I'm using Remote Tech 2 and MechJeb. My standard communications satellite is usually an OKTO, a few batteries, a mechjeb unit, solar panels, and an assortment of antennas. Fusebox reports a drain of 0.03 before I activate my antenna array, and after it reports a drain of 0.03. Ok... so I'm thinking maybe the antennas are draining an insignificant amount. But once I get into Kerbin's shadow (where my solar panels stop generating charge), the time estimate of remaining charge starts dropping at a rate of 1 minute per second (and I don't have time acceleration on). Is this normal? I've been compensating by slapping a bunch more batteries onto my satellites.

First check your log for a line like this

FB - Wrong Remote Tech 2 library version - disabled.

Check you got it from the Dropbox link, curse still haven't fixed the file on theirs. Then make sure you are not filtering RT2 out on the filters page.

First check your log for a line like this

FB - Wrong Remote Tech 2 library version - disabled.

Did a quick check before heading off to work and sure enough, that line is in my log! I installed both RT2 and FuseBox via CKAN. Guess I'll have to manually install them since it appears to have given me incompatible versions.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Did a quick check before heading off to work and sure enough, that line is in my log! I installed both RT2 and FuseBox via CKAN. Guess I'll have to manually install them since it appears to have given me incompatible versions.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

CKAN will be getting the old zip from curse so there's your problem. I wish curse would get a move on and fix the new zip.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! Just updated to 1.3, since I didn't realize the version on CKAN was outdated, and for the most part it seems to be working just fine. So thank you for writing this mod! Makes planning a heck of a lot easier.

Only thing I've noticed is that 1.3 seems to massively overestimate the amount of electricity probe cores use; I'm playing with the RO/RP-0 set of mods, though, so I'm not sure if that's playing into it. I have a OKTO2 on one of my satellites, which is stated to consume 3.6EC/hour. Fusebox 1.2 correctly calculated that as 0.001EC/second, but 1.3 thinks that it consumes 0.05EC/second. As a result, it predicts the satellite batteries draining within a half hour, when in reality the batteries are charging just fine.

Is there something I'm missing? I very much prefer overstating consumption rate instead of understating (which 1.2 did), but perfect accuracy would be ideal...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.