[1.05] Fusebox - electric charge tracker and build helper. 1.52 released 24th Jan 16

Ratzap

Hello! Just updated to 1.3, since I didn't realize the version on CKAN was outdated, and for the most part it seems to be working just fine. So thank you for writing this mod! Makes planning a heck of a lot easier.

Only thing I've noticed is that 1.3 seems to massively overestimate the amount of electricity probe cores use; I'm playing with the RO/RP-0 set of mods, though, so I'm not sure if that's playing into it. I have a OKTO2 on one of my satellites, which is stated to consume 3.6EC/hour. Fusebox 1.2 correctly calculated that as 0.001EC/second, but 1.3 thinks that it consumes 0.05EC/second. As a result, it predicts the satellite batteries draining within a half hour, when in reality the batteries are charging just fine.

Is there something I'm missing? I very much prefer overstating consumption rate instead of understating (which 1.2 did), but perfect accuracy would be ideal...

TACLS takes a flat rate 0.04, or at least it used to. RP-0 also changes a lot of the configs behind the scenes so there could be something there too.

It'll be something adding a definition in RP-0 which tags the probe core as a command pod. It's not really worth tracking down with 1.0 close and hopefully the new event hook in place.

Yep, seems the probe cores have a ModuleCommand module. Guessing that's what's triggering the ~0.4kW TACLS drain in Fusebox? Is it not possible to get electricity usage from TACLS on the fly?

Nope, it doesn't have any API methods to fetch if it's doing things. So all Fusebox can do is ask it how much the default drain is set to for command pods and add that. All cured if Squad get the event into 1.0

• 1 month later...

Just installed Fusebox for the first time and it's eating my blizzy's toolbar in the VAB, KSC view and tracking station. When I uninstall Fusebox, the toolbar shows up again. I downloaded Fusebox from the dropbox link.

Also, may I suggest that the "0 in xxm:yys"-line should always be visible in the VAB, not only when you remove all the solar panels?

Otherwise this is awesome stuff :)

Aw, right. Thanks for the hint.

Is there a fix for the toolbar or do we have to wait for the rewrite?

1.0 has been in experimentals for almost a week, I'll wait till the next release before I do anything at this stage.

1.0 has been in experimentals for almost a week, I'll wait till the next release before I do anything at this stage.

Alright, thanks for the response. Squad should add your mod's functionality to the base game anyway and I say that as someone who discovered Fusebox only a couple of days ago :D

From Squads perspective, it's in the 'too much info' category and I understand their position (just like they've only just decided to add TWR and dV to the stock game in 1.0). I'll just be happy if the event I need gets into KSP with the next release.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I just want to say that Fusebox gives wrong readouts when you use an ion engine! It says empty at the same time as it is still 10,2 percent loaded and uses 666 energy..... Please fix this for 1.0 because fusebox is one of the best battery monitor mods out there!!! But it should be able to handle all of the stock engines/ batteries.

Thanks again !

It's going to be a while before there is an update. First I have to work out if the changes I was hoping for have been made and then re-write for 1.0. If ions are off they've changed the workings of charge powered engines - probably due to the ISP recode they did.

With Exception Detector installed, Fusebox throws several exceptions, and the displays are incorrect, when you filter out "Clamps", in flight, at least.

Also, in the Tracking Station, it also throw exceptions when selecting / deselecting a ship, then clicking in the map view part of the Tracking Station screen.

Also, not sure if its many stock parts not using EC when they should be, or if Fusebox is not properly reporting usage. Flying the stock Learstar in orbit, with a Comm 16, and both orbital scanners running, and cockpit, cabin and landing gear lights on, as well as SAS, only 0.03 drainage is showing (JUST from the lights)...

Post up whether the specific info from Exception Detector would be enough to help troubleshoot, or if you would want full logs, and I can see what I can post, and maybe give more detail about weird happenings I'm seeing...

Edited by Stone Blue

Stone, Fusebox is not 1.0 compatible. That it runs at all is fairly interesting but I'd expect a whole bunch of exceptions (it's built against other DLL versions from 0.90 so every time it goes near one of those parts it'll barf).

If blizzy updates his toolbar sometime soon, I'll compile a 1.0 compatible old type Fusebox to keep people trucking while I work on the re-write.

Thanx Ratzap!...

Although it LOOKS like Squad changed the way the toollbar icons work, so its looking like its not just Blizzy's Toolbar that needs updating (it's actually working perfectly for me), and it will be up to each mod developer to update their own mod to deal with the toolbar changes...

Just so you know, while it complains about incompatibility, toolbar seems to be working fine. I've had no issues with it yet.

Why not just do a quick recompile with the 1.0 modules and tell people that it would get no support as you are working on a proper release?

Just so you know, while it complains about incompatibility, toolbar seems to be working fine. I've had no issues with it yet.

Why not just do a quick recompile with the 1.0 modules and tell people that it would get no support as you are working on a proper release?

As you desire, it doesn't take long. Personally though I do not use anything which has not been specifically built for the current KSP version.

As you desire, it doesn't take long. Personally though I do not use anything which has not been specifically built for the current KSP version.

Same here except a few mods are only accessible through blizzy's toolbar (My preference would be if it is not there to use the stock one but hey) so I try out the older one in the mean time and keep checking for a proper release. It's one of the only mods I do that with though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.