[1.05] Fusebox - electric charge tracker and build helper. 1.52 released 24th Jan 16

Ratzap

Hey Ratzap - ran across these errors for a variety of plugins I've got installed. What are the chances that this might affect the drain/gen summation from Fusebox? I'm hoping these are only needed to be loaded to enable their presence on your filter menu, but figured I'd ask.

Hey Ratzap - ran across these errors for a variety of plugins I've got installed. What are the chances that this might affect the drain/gen summation from Fusebox? I'm hoping these are only needed to be loaded to enable their presence on your filter menu, but figured I'd ask.

They will indeed mess up the calculations, Fusebox has to use the mods DLL to 'ask' what it supplies or drains. If it can't call the mod DLL without an exception, they will be missing from the numbers. Which mods is it complaining about? I probably need to do a recompile release again.

• 1 month later...

Question: Does Fusebox support power usage numbers from SCANSat modules? I only noticed this now since I just started getting back into KSP and had yet to commit to longer term goals. I had been busy designing SSTOs and RT Comm sats and relays. Now that I am trying to set up a remote base (trying out Pathfinder by Angel-125), I'm trying to design SCANsats and noticed the lack of SCANSat scanners as a filter option. It'd be handy to have those numbers.

EDIT: I'm using the latest SCANSat, v14.2 (AUG 29th)... And Fusebox is from July... Maybe that's why...

Edited by StahnAileron

Recompiled for updated DLLs, added kOS support

SCANsat 14.2, NF S/E/P 0.5.3, Av lights 3.7, kOS 0.17.3, telemachus 1.4.30, antenna range 1.10.1, remote tech 1.6.8

Version number bumped, will create new config.xml and ignore old settings. Change the number in yours to 1.51 if you want to keep it but no guarantees that it will work. CKAN update request created.

downloaded the latest and still noticing the fusebox window staying visible when pressing F2 to hide the UI. But I only notice it happening every now and then, and haven't taken the time to figure out what causes it. Anyone else seeing this? I remember it used to get confused if I pressed F2 and then hit escape, which would show the UI but not tell fusebox it was shown, so next time I pressed F2 everything would go away but fusebox would pop back up. Doesn't seem to be this however, I tried it and didn't make a difference

Very odd, I wonder if there's a hook somewhere I can use instead of trying to capture F2 key presses. I'll have a look when I get time.

As I understand it, what's actually going on is that KSP hides or shows a layer that GUI elements are supposed to live on. Not sure which it is, but here's the list (which may be outdated): http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/API:Layers

As I understand it, what's actually going on is that KSP hides or shows a layer that GUI elements are supposed to live on. Not sure which it is, but here's the list (which may be outdated): http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/API:Layers

Thanks but that's a bit lower level than I needed and would still have meant I'd need to write something to catch the F2. I found a nice example in Stupid Chris's Realchute code, there are events which can be set such that when a person hits F2 the mods event handler is called - in this case the 'hide yourself' boolean. That way I don't have to watch for key presses, it's what I meant by hooks.

Anyhow give this DLL a test (it's the same as 1.51 but with events for UI hiding) and if you think the F2 behaviour is better I'll wrap an update release.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71576136/Fusebox.dll

Is there still support for this MOD? I installed it about a week ago and was really enjoying the information that is showed and now.. when I attempt to use the MOD, it will not show anything. I have removed it and re-added it. If the information is being displayed off screen, is there a way to reset it?

- - - Updated - - -

To follow on my above, I see that even after having CKAN remove it. A folder was left that had some xml files and such. I deleted, re-installed and now it is back and working.

That XML file contains the settings for the UI component. If you get a problem again, first thing to do is delete that config.xml and it will create a new on from defaults. As to why CKAN left files there on a delete? No idea, you'd have to ask the CKAN thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the following error in pretty much every scene. It's occurring without any other addons installed so it appears to be specific to Fusebox:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Ratzap.Fusebox.setTBIcon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Ratzap.Fusebox.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I don't usually have blizzy78's toolbar installed since the stock toolbar made it obsolete, but the error does go away when that addon is present. However, it then just doesn't work at all. Clicking the toolbar icon does nothing and no errors are generated. Both addons were installed to a fresh copy as well and I've already tried deleting config.xml with no change. Never have I had the icon show up in the stock toolbar regardless of settings.

I'm using the 1.51 DLL listed a few posts ago if that matters.

Fusebox doesn't use the stock toolbar, that will come with 1.1 and the new UI overhaul. It should work without blizzys bar though, I'll check it this weekend - I only use it myself with toolbar so I wouldn't have noticed if it broke at some point.

Fusebox doesn't use the stock toolbar, that will come with 1.1 and the new UI overhaul. It should work without blizzys bar though, I'll check it this weekend - I only use it myself with toolbar so I wouldn't have noticed if it broke at some point.

Good to know it's not meant to be seen in the stock toolbar yet.

When the mod does show up (but the exceptions are happening), they don't really break anything at least. It's just one of the few exceptions I've seen actually related to a specific mod I consider "essential" so I figured I'd report it.

Is anyone else getting CTD on load with this mod? (Linux64, i7 with 16GB ram, plenty of ssd, GTX980, CKAN with ~130 mods and 3 or 4 manual mods)

I was getting the same thing on Linux. I converted the textures to .dds and it seems to have fixed it. However now it is causing a crash in the VAB so I'm thinking it may not like Linux very much. Never had an issue with it in Windows but the was KSP 32 bit as well.

I've been using it in Linux 64bit, 0.90, 1.0.2 & 1.0.4 with no crashes or major issues...IIRC, Exception Detector was showing Fusebox throwing stuff, but it didnt seem to affect gameplay...Also, something about having Clamps selected or de-selected in the filter caused me an issue at one point...

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry if this seems impertinent but why does this give the battery time remaining in real world time, or has something gone wrong with my installation of Fusebox? It would be a lot more helpful if the battery time was in Kerbal time!

'kerbal time' is only kerbal time on kerbal. assuming you mean the orbital period anyway. if you are looking to determine night-times, use the DRK function to display how long the night time of the body you are orbiting.

You know what? The time thing had never even occurred to me, I use RSS a fair bit though and that's 24h. I can put it in as an option at some point.

RT numbers come direct from the antenna themselves, if it seems not right then your config file has odd numbers in it or something. FB just yells at the part 'how much juice you need bro?'. Now if you mean data antenna, that's a different kettle of fish. They are very high burst items but it's a number you want to take account of - hence the filter setting.

Linux - can't test it so no idea. The exception detector will trigger for any supported mod that you don't have installed, it's the only way to not crash when they aren't there.

I checked without toolbar with 1.0.5 and it seems to be working ok. No idea what the problems were with that.

I'll update once the usual dependencies have done theirs.

You know what? The time thing had never even occurred to me, I use RSS a fair bit though and that's 24h. I can put it in as an option at some point.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. You can work out Kerbal days in your head of course, but it would be convenient to have the option to display battery remaining in 'Kerbal time'.

Sorry if this seems impertinent but why does this give the battery time remaining in real world time, or has something gone wrong with my installation of Fusebox? It would be a lot more helpful if the battery time was in Kerbal time!
'kerbal time' is only kerbal time on kerbal. assuming you mean the orbital period anyway. if you are looking to determine night-times, use the DRK function to display how long the night time of the body you are orbiting.

Are you sure because under game setting you can switch the game default time between 6 hour Kerbal and 24 hour Earth clocks

RT numbers come direct from the antenna themselves, if it seems not right then your config file has odd numbers in it or something. FB just yells at the part 'how much juice you need bro?'. Now if you mean data antenna, that's a different kettle of fish. They are very high burst items but it's a number you want to take account of - hence the filter setting.

Linux - can't test it so no idea. The exception detector will trigger for any supported mod that you don't have installed, it's the only way to not crash when they aren't there.

I checked without toolbar with 1.0.5 and it seems to be working ok. No idea what the problems were with that.

I'll update once the usual dependencies have done theirs.

RSS just sets the default time over to 24 hours as far as I know.

On another point. If this is 1.0.5 compatible can you update the thread title please?

Edited by nobodyhasthis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.