[1.05] Fusebox - electric charge tracker and build helper. 1.52 released 24th Jan 16

Ratzap

You know what? The time thing had never even occurred to me, I use RSS a fair bit though and that's 24h. I can put it in as an option at some point.

You can check GameSettings.KERBIN_TIME to check whether the in-game clock uses 6-hour or 24-hour days (and 426- or 365-day years) -- it's a boolean, true if 6/426, false for 24/365.

You can check GameSettings.KERBIN_TIME to check whether the in-game clock uses 6-hour or 24-hour days (and 426- or 365-day years) -- it's a boolean, true if 6/426, false for 24/365.

Done and done, but Fusebox is still giving its readout in Earth time, rather than Kerbin time.

Done and done, but Fusebox is still giving its readout in Earth time, rather than Kerbin time.

He's letting me know which part of the source to get it from. I don't have time today but I'll get something out this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

new mod KerBalloons needs proper support for Fusebox:

JMwQNAI.png

I apologize Raztap I can't remember tho if the fix for this needs to be on your end or the KerBalloon author's. But anyways I'm here to report some other things I've noticed recently, like kOS support seeming to be broken in 1.51:

9ltrtD5.png

So I have a radial part I MM'd kOS into that isn't producing a change in drain rate or depletion time, but adding the kOS inline part changes depletion time but not drain rate.

I downloaded from both Curse and Dropbox, got the same behavior for both and when I checked the config.xml file in both cases it says <string name="version">1.5</string> so I don't know if you just forgot to internally update the version number, that's just a version number for the config format or the currently uploaded versions are in fact still 1.50. I'm still running KSP 1.0.4

Also, this is just odd since the part isn't supposed to be drawing any EC:

l1FqYpg.png

Do I need to start stripping mods?

I haven't done anything bar fly over the forums for months. Busy working and I seem to have had every virus circulating this winter.

At the latest I'll get something done over xmas when I finally get some holidays.

• 1 month later...

I've got a recompile with latest versions of the supported mods and I started on the earth/kerbin time display thing. It turns out a little trickier since I thought that if Squad put in a boolean to switch between formats they'd also have conversion methods. I can't find any though so I'll rummage through the KAC source to see how trigger has done it (I know KAC can swicth between display modes). He'll either have found Squads conversions or have his own - either way I'll get a pointer to the way forward.

I downloaded the balloon mod and Nerteas cyrotanks - we'll see about getting those in soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll try adding some of the other mods. I remember having a stab at the lab modules once before, they didn't report how much juice they use or when they're in use but it could be worth revisiting again.

The heat thing though, that would be something for a mod built for the purpose and I'm pretty sure it'd be a fairly complex task with many variable factors. Not something I could just jimmy into Fusebox sadly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any chance this mod will get a UI update anytime soon? I love this mod, but I feel like the UI could really use some simple improvements.

When trying to move the box around, it usually only moves a short distance before it stops working, and you have to repeat the process. This is really frustrating, I don't like having to constantly click and drag the box just to move it across the screen.

There is no on/off switch; if you don't want the UI to be displayed, you have to uninstall the mod. Can we please get an option to hide the UI, or minimize it to the toolbar? More often than not, I don't need to see the UI or use it...for the most part I just need it in the VAB.

When playing with the orbit darkness calculator, trying to click the input box where you input your expected orbital altitude is glitchy; you can't delete any numbers if it's down to two digits, and I usually have to click the input area times usually just to get it to work and be able to input my orbital altitude.

I'm a fairly amateur programmer, and haven't ever bothered/needed trying to code any KSP mods, but I suspect it would be quite simple to make these kinds of improvements. Does this mod still get updated? Is there any chance the author would consider suggestions like this?

Thanks for your time either way, and thanks for a very handy mod!

6 hours ago, KocLobster said:

When trying to move the box around, it usually only moves a short distance before it stops working, and you have to repeat the process. This is really frustrating, I don't like having to constantly click and drag the box just to move it across the screen.

I have a feeling this may be a Unity thing... I get this same behaviour with a few other mods... MechJeb is ESPECIALLY bad...

There is no on/off switch; if you don't want the UI to be displayed, you have to uninstall the mod. Can we please get an option to hide the UI, or minimize it to the toolbar? More often than not, I don't need to see the UI or use it...for the most part I just need it in the VAB.

Huh?... You should be able to just toggle the UI on/off by clicking the toolbar button...??  I use Blizzy's Toolabr for this, and it worx fine

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

I have a feeling this may be a Unity thing... I get this same behaviour with a few other mods... MechJeb is ESPECIALLY bad...

Huh?... You should be able to just toggle the UI on/off by clicking the toolbar button...??  I use Blizzy's Toolabr for this, and it worx fine

This is literally the only mod that gives me this kind of behavior; MechJeb works absolutely fine for me, as does everything else.

I prefer not to use custom toolbars, I just use stock. There actually isn't any kind of button for this mod, which seems pretty ridiculous to me.

4 hours ago, KocLobster said:

I prefer not to use custom toolbars, I just use stock. There actually isn't any kind of button for this mod, which seems pretty ridiculous to me.

OK... It should work for that way for EITHER toolbar... MOST mods which use EITHER toolbar, generally use this method for "activating/deactivating" themselves...

I really can't think of a reason to not use Blizzys toolbar, it works perfect, has smaller buttons, lets you customize the location and layout of everything.  I honestly wish I could just move all the stock toobar buttons over. 

52 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I really can't think of a reason to not use Blizzys toolbar, it works perfect, has smaller buttons, lets you customize the location and layout of everything.  I honestly wish I could just move all the stock toobar buttons over. 

PLUS,  you can have more than one toolbar, and put them in different parts of the screen. AND you can put them along the screen edge, and you can have them hide, till you mouse over them. AND you can organize different icons into different "folders"

@KocLobster I assume you've tried a fresh reinstall?... Maybe your Fusebox config.xml got messed up, or something ???

4 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

PLUS,  you can have more than one toolbar, and put them in different parts of the screen. AND you can put them along the screen edge, and you can have them hide, till you mouse over them. AND you can organize different icons into different "folders"

@KocLobster I assume you've tried a fresh reinstall?... Maybe your Fusebox config.xml got messed up, or something ???

Yes, I've tried multiple different installs of Fusebox, it is definitely not a problem on my end.

I don't use custom toolbars for one of the reasons listed: you can't move all the stock toolbar buttons over and are stuck having to use two toolbars. I don't want to have to use two toolbars.

So you're saying that because I don't use Blizzy's toolbars mod, I am stuck with a funky UI that doesn't work as intended? (I'm confused, not trying to be rude)

Edited by KocLobster

2 hours ago, KocLobster said:

So you're saying that because I don't use Blizzy's toolbars mod, I am stuck with a funky UI that doesn't work as intended? (I'm confused, not trying to be rude)

No, not rude.. ;)
Fusebox icon should work the same, with EITHER Blizzy's OR stock toolbar... Sorry, eberkain & I got slightly OT... I originally mentioned Blizzy's Toolbar, because its another mod, itself, it adds one more element that can cause odd behaviour... But it worx with Fusebox for me, and I assume many others. So I was implying that it shouldnt necessarily be Blizzy's causing the issue, IF that were the toolbar you were using... (You didnt originally specify :) )

Sorry I cant offer much help... Fusebox is really a pretty simple mod, and is SUPPOSED to activate/deactivate with just the toolbar icon (either toolbar ;) )..
If you have installed it correctly, I would think something else must be causing your issue... No offense, but it IS working fine for many people, in 1.0.5...
All I can suggest would be to to read thru the release thread, to see if anyone else has mentioned this issue, or upload copies of your logs, and post the links, and your issue on the release thread... Maybe someone can find something in your logs...

Updates were planned but Factorio happened. With 1.1 in experimentals and a full rewrite on the cards when that comes out, I'm afraid it's a case of use what there is for now. Once they announce the pre-release I can get started on a new version. The version for 1.05 doesn't integrate with the stock toolbar no, it works with blizzys but with stock your milage may vary (and by the sound of it, does).

On stock if you click the top part of the window it should minimise to a small black bar.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.