[1.05] Fusebox - electric charge tracker and build helper. 1.52 released 24th Jan 16

Ratzap

45 minutes ago, Ratzap said:

Still not great but coming back to this may help take my mind off things.

Reading through the dev blogs, it seems I would have been rewriting again anyway as they're overhauling the resource system anew in 1.2. I've got the pre-release and I'll poke about a bit. No promises but I'll keep you informed.

Thanks for even thinking of this.  I've been severely missing this mod.

10 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

in the meantime I've been using AmpYear, it has a power manager much the same as Fusebox, of course with more baggage but gets the job done for now. Still prefer the focused application of Fusebox

Interestingly enough, if you look at the source, Ampyear is based around the Fusebox core. Next up I need to make sure my dev environment is current.

7 hours ago, Ratzap said:

Interestingly enough, if you look at the source, Ampyear is based around the Fusebox core. Next up I need to make sure my dev environment is current.

makes sense :) Since I don't use its power management features tho it'll still be nice to just go back to this

2 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

makes sense :) Since I don't use its power management features tho it'll still be nice to just go back to this

Careful if you ever try - Ampyear adds a lot of modules to parts and ships.  I had to do extensive save-file editing when I tried it...  (I was looking for a replacement for Fusebox, but found it to complicated and getting in my way.)

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

Careful if you ever try - Ampyear adds a lot of modules to parts and ships.  I had to do extensive save-file editing when I tried it...  (I was looking for a replacement for Fusebox, but found it to complicated and getting in my way.)

yea, it's fine tho I just disable it when I load a vessel. I should really just remove the mod entirely when I'm flying stuff and not building them. There's nothing wrong with having a bunch of modules added - anything KSP doesn't recognize it just disables so if you wanted them gone just because you removed AmpYear that shouldn't have been a problem

9 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

yea, it's fine tho I just disable it when I load a vessel. I should really just remove the mod entirely when I'm flying stuff and not building them. There's nothing wrong with having a bunch of modules added - anything KSP doesn't recognize it just disables so if you wanted them gone just because you removed AmpYear that shouldn't have been a problem

The reason I mentioned it is because it seems to do more than the basics - that save wouldn't load without either re-installing AmpYear or editing.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2016 at 0:22 AM, Aazard said:

any community patch to get this "basically" working in 1.1.X ... was so useful in rss/rp0 installs (solar panels are eating my dv)

i wish there was.  the only alternative is amp year, but it adds too much bloat, and too much unnecessary features.

really miss having a lightweight calc in game to just simply show if im generating enough power or not.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

I'm surprised @linuxgurugamer hasn't added this to his myriad of orphaned apps he has collected and rescued from oblivion.

Seems like @RealGecko already did the work.

I'm working on Danger Alerts right now, but if it's ok with @RealGecko, I could take this over

let me know

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Seems like @RealGecko already did the work.

I'm working on Danger Alerts right now, but if it's ok with @RealGecko, I could take this over

let me know

Dude!  You are amazing.  Are you prepared for the 1.3 onslaught? Localization... hopefully just means a recompile and that's it, no functionality changes.

10 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

Dude!  You are amazing.  Are you prepared for the 1.3 onslaught? Localization... hopefully just means a recompile and that's it, no functionality changes.

One mod at a time.  

As you say, hopefully 1.3 will be fairly simple

9 minutes ago, RealGecko said:

No, no. I did not plan to overtake the mod :D

I just wanted to have it working win KSP 1.2.

Ok, then expect a more official release in the next few days.  I'll probably bump the version as well, to either 1.5.3 or 1.6.0

I did send a message to @Ratzap, so if he comes back, I'll just step back

LGG

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

One mod at a time.  

As you say, hopefully 1.3 will be fairly simple

Ok, then expect a more official release in the next few days.  I'll probably bump the version as well, to either 1.5.3 or 1.6.0

[...]

Great news, thank you very much!

Since we're talking about electricity, what about JDiminishingRTG? :wink:

I have permission from @Ratzap to do this.

However, it's very inefficient, needs some rewriting (kills a system with a large vessel).  It's going to take a little time to fix, I know what to do, just need the time.

and with 1.2.9 just out, I'm not sure when, but look for it in the next 1-2 weeks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.