[1.05] Fusebox - electric charge tracker and build helper. 1.52 released 24th Jan 16

Ratzap

Mod works as advertised - handy :)

One request though, would it be possible to use the mostly-transparent UI mechjeb uses?

Also, for some reason the fusebox window remains visible even if you turn off the UI with F2, at least when the window is rolled up.

Hmm, good catch. There's bound to be a 'UI should be off' boolean somewhere, I'll hunt it out and switch fusebox off when it should be off. The MJ UI is their skin I think but I'll check.

It's stock too. Open the debug menu, that uses that skin.

For toggles...you can just watch for F2 keypress. I know that's what MCE does, not sure if other mods do something more complex.

Thanks, I'll get that done this weekend and I'll hunt out the skin, I prefer the black transparent look too. I might add a settings page to allow a choice.

what screen res are you running at. I am still not seeing the mod.??

I personally run at 2550x1440 but it's resolution independent, all that is handled by Unity and the initial window definition is made by taking the max height/width and subtracting a bit. That means the default window cannot be off you screen. Try installing the vanilla version called No_Kethane - that will run against stock KSP so if it doesn't appear I've no idea what you have wrong.

Been wanting this for a while, only just found it.

I thank you and my kethane miner thanks you

Most welcome, please note that kethane converters will report charge used if they are active but don't have kethane or storage for the results. I'm trying to find a solution to that one.

I personally run at 2550x1440 but it's resolution independent, all that is handled by Unity and the initial window definition is made by taking the max height/width and subtracting a bit. That means the default window cannot be off you screen. Try installing the vanilla version called No_Kethane - that will run against stock KSP so if it doesn't appear I've no idea what you have wrong.

Ok, Now it shows up. Strange why when i am using Kethane 7.7 i have to tell Fusebox i do not have Kethane.??????

Maybe you have an older Kethane somewhere too? Anyway, you've now pinpointed the problem and I'm sure it won't take you long to get the With_kethane one to work as well.

I have a new version for release later. It hides properly when you press F2, uses the 'KSP window 2' skin as default (aka mechjeb skin), lets you change back to the grey default if you want and stores the skin setting. I'm just down to fiddling around getting the window sizes right with skin changes.

New version is up, let me know about any problems. PLEASE READ THE OP CAREFULLY, delete the old one fully or just the config.xml. Saved details are NOT compatible.

Edit: sneaky update to 0.4a - fixed a problem with the filter/settings buttons not auto sizing correctly

Edited by Ratzap

Is it possible to make the icon and window invisible along with the other windows when I press F2 please?

Apart from that, great mod. Very much needed.

It does that already since 0.4a. I'll check it again when I test a new KAS bug I noticed last night (so 0.4c will be in later).

Edit: 0.4c is up

Edited by Ratzap

0.4d released to work with 0.4.2 KAS (some internals in the KAS.dll changed).

I was in such a hurry to get back to it when KAS updated, I forgot to say: Thanks for updating this so incredibly fast! This really is a very handy plugin!

Also, a minor request: I would love to have a very small horizontal bar with four stats: EC in, EC out, Bat %, Bat Time. The current window takes up way too much space for the readout. Would it be possible to offer a smaller view, possibly with just a square button to expand it in the corner? That'd be perfect!

I was in such a hurry to get back to it when KAS updated, I forgot to say: Thanks for updating this so incredibly fast! This really is a very handy plugin!

Also, a minor request: I would love to have a very small horizontal bar with four stats: EC in, EC out, Bat %, Bat Time. The current window takes up way too much space for the readout. Would it be possible to offer a smaller view, possibly with just a square button to expand it in the corner? That'd be perfect!

That seems reasonable. I'll look into it, if the GUI allows a bar might be useful to represent storage but then again, resources has that so no need. A concise mode then, triggered by clicking the name tab would be simplest. Default to full window, one click concise mode, second click hide mode then cycle round. Save the window state of course. If the weekend isn't too busy I'll have something up by Monday.

That seems reasonable. I'll look into it, if the GUI allows a bar might be useful to represent storage but then again, resources has that so no need. A concise mode then, triggered by clicking the name tab would be simplest. Default to full window, one click concise mode, second click hide mode then cycle round. Save the window state of course. If the weekend isn't too busy I'll have something up by Monday.

While you are looking at the GUI could you see if you can make it disappear when F2 is pressed for example when taking screenshots or making video? Currently it hangs around and is the only window to do so. Also I support the idea of having it be shrinkable to a minimalist display like E+ E- B% Br/Bt, good idea!

While you are looking at the GUI could you see if you can make it disappear when F2 is pressed for example when taking screenshots or making video? Currently it hangs around and is the only window to do so. Also I support the idea of having it be shrinkable to a minimalist display like E+ E- B% Br/Bt, good idea!

Do you read the responses people write to your posts? That has been in since 0.4a, weeks ago and I told you that the last time you wrote here. If you are still having that problem, upgrade. I press F2, fusebox is gone including its name tab.

Do you read the responses people write to your posts? That has been in since 0.4a, weeks ago and I told you that the last time you wrote here. If you are still having that problem, upgrade. I press F2, fusebox is gone including its name tab.

I`m terribly sorry then. I suffered a loss of emails for about a week a little while ago so I missed a lot of replies. This is wonderful news! I`ll download the new copy right away! I didn`t realise you had responded. Sorry again.

EDIT: FYI the spaceport link says `buy now` instead of `download`. Meant I couldn`t download from Spaceport and had to use the dropbox.

Edited by John FX

Spaceport is pretty weird because it's a re-purposed wordpress install (I think squad said). The buy now appears sometimes if you're not logged in, hitting it usually does the download anyway but yeah, that's why I keep the dropbox going too.

I'll recompile all the builds with concise in tomorrow sometime and put up 0.5.

0.5 is up. Main window smaller and added concise mode. Although only 1 line, the GUI layout layer from Unity3d still takes up a fair bit of space /shrug.

There was a problem with the save remembering concise settings, fixed it and uploaded a fresh zip. No version change.

Edited by Ratzap

0.5 is up. Main window smaller and added concise mode. Although only 1 line, the GUI layout layer from Unity3d still takes up a fair bit of space /shrug.

There was a problem with the save remembering concise settings, fixed it and uploaded a fresh zip. No version change.

Thanks for the updates! I really want to check out the changes you made, but I haven't had much time to play with the kids sick. I'll hopefully have some time later tonight. Thanks for being so quick with the updates!

Thanks for the updates! I really want to check out the changes you made, but I haven't had much time to play with the kids sick. I'll hopefully have some time later tonight. Thanks for being so quick with the updates!

Lucky for you cos I made a fair old mess of it ;) 0.5a is up now with fixes.

I've also had an idea about how I might be able to build one version and have it figure out if kethane, kas or av lights are installed. But that will take a lot of restarts and experiments.

Edited by Ratzap

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.