[1.05] Fusebox - electric charge tracker and build helper. 1.52 released 24th Jan 16

Ratzap

With 0.7 I get the UI! Fantastic.

Any chance of getting integration with TAC Life Support?

I looked at the part cfg files and the assembly methods but there doesn't seem to be any interface to see what it's using. It must just subtract internally via RequestResource or something. No way to add a mod unless there's some kind of external interface.

Looking forward to trying this, though one feature I'd love to see is being able to choose a celestial body and input estimated orbit to see the craft's orbit darkness time.

Interesting idea but that might be better off in an info mod like protractor, engineer or MJ2. If I can work another button in when I do the GUI changes without making the window bigger I'll see about it.

Tried the recompiled version but not getting any response from the Fusebox when clicking on it.

I'll need more detail. Like VAB or flight, screenshot perhaps and hit ALT-F2 to check if there's something else killing things in your error log.

Ok, I figured it out. KAS and Kethane have been updated recently too. Playing stock worked but when I added the new KAS it broke down as the DLL sig string was different to that it'd been referenced with. Looks like I'll need to keep an eye on compatibility as mods get updated for 0.23. Putting up a 0.7b as we speak.

still is spamming NREs with the 07b version.. take a look at this

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at EditorLogic.recurseShipList (.Part part, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 shipList) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.getSortedShipList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.get_SortedShipList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Ratzap.Fusebox.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

But the window shows up now, that's good :)

Edited by Chris_W
wrong language xD

still is spamming NREs with the 07b version.. take a look at this

But the window shows up now, that's good :)

Interesting, I take it that is in the VAB? There may be a part that's not configured properly, EditorLogic is supplied by KSP and I call it to get a list of parts that is the ship. If there's something unreferenced in there, it ain't my problem because Fusebox hasn't even got to it by that point. There has to be something with the ship itself. Did you start fresh or reuse things? I wiped everything and I'm only re-adding mods as they get updated, no NREs in my log.

Well, the ship was a) mk1pod, standard fuel tank, standard T45.. and B) the Kerbal X.. I dunno..

The stock craft files (including the kerbal X) are pretty ancient. But like I said, those are coming from the KSP code not my bit. I just checked in case they moved anything - EditorLogic is still a module in Assembly-CSharp (which is in your KSP_Data/Managed) and has a method called get_SortedShipList(). /shrug

Oh did damny from ScanSat get back to you, he was on and reposted an update to his mod.

Nope, I checked the release notes and there was nothing in there, checked back in the thread - no answer either. So I'll repost in a day or so.

So I have this power 'button' that doesn't do anything... also, support for the toolbar plugin would be the tits.

I have no idea what you mean. And yes, toolbar should be simple since the VOID author wrote a wrapper for it and I'll drop the concise mode then as it's unnecessary.

Have my first bug, when I entered VAB and loaded a craft, the fusebox icon was there on top, I clicked on it nothing showed. The icon moved liked it normally does when you click it. I couldn't figure what it was, I thought maybe Kerbal Engineer. I heard it was causing some other mods problems, especially toolbar.

I took Engineer out and started game up again, same thing, but this time I click fusebox icon and nothing happens at all. Doesn't even move. So I don't know how to track problem down. I am using the new toolbar 1.2.1 and most of the mods that use toolbar.

Here is my log file when I originally started game up:

http://www./view/e51xl4wrr3o4rju/KSP%2012-20-13.log

Hope this helps.

Edit: I just read the other post above, they were having same problem.

Edited by therealcrow999

therealcrow999 - I know what that problem is but how to fix it is going to be 'interesting'. Basically even though I do not have 'using <mod dll name>' in the source, when I compile it the DLL I release has signatures embedded. When Fusebox starts, it checks if it can see other mods DLLs and if yes, it tries to use them but if the DLL is a slightly different version it stops working as you described. As an example, if I compiled with KAS 0.44 and 0.45 gets released, Fusebox says 'cool, KAS is available' but then dies because the version signatures don't match internally. I went to look at your log but it says access denied. I'll have to add version checking and probably add a window saying which mods it found, which were found but wrong version and which not found.

landeTLS - see posts above. I've started on toolbar integration.

On that note, if anyone fancies making a toolbar icon for Fusebox that'd save me bashing my head off MS paint. I was thinking a green icon when gen > drain and turn red when drain > gen.

Try this link:

http://www./view/e51xl4wrr3o4rju/KSP%2012-20-13.log

therealcrow999 - I know what that problem is but how to fix it is going to be 'interesting'. Basically even though I do not have 'using <mod dll name>' in the source, when I compile it the DLL I release has signatures embedded. When Fusebox starts, it checks if it can see other mods DLLs and if yes, it tries to use them but if the DLL is a slightly different version it stops working as you described. As an example, if I compiled with KAS 0.44 and 0.45 gets released, Fusebox says 'cool, KAS is available' but then dies because the version signatures don't match internally. I went to look at your log but it says access denied. I'll have to add version checking and probably add a window saying which mods it found, which were found but wrong version and which not found.

landeTLS - see posts above. I've started on toolbar integration.

On that note, if anyone fancies making a toolbar icon for Fusebox that'd save me bashing my head off MS paint. I was thinking a green icon when gen > drain and turn red when drain > gen.

Same thing. Try this build - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71576136/Fusebox.dll

It's my current dev version, if it detects a DLL it knows about but which is the wrong version for it to use, it switches support off in Fusebox for just that mod. So if you have say a KAS older or newer than the one it knows about, it'll just skip KAS parts instead of dying completely. I also got the GUI shrunk a bit in preparation for toolbar support (and I'm going to drop concise).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.