[1.05] Fusebox - electric charge tracker and build helper. 1.52 released 24th Jan 16

Ratzap

Did a quick test seems to be working good. GUI comes up alright.

Thanks!

Same thing. Try this build - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71576136/Fusebox.dll

It's my current dev version, if it detects a DLL it knows about but which is the wrong version for it to use, it switches support off in Fusebox for just that mod. So if you have say a KAS older or newer than the one it knows about, it'll just skip KAS parts instead of dying completely. I also got the GUI shrunk a bit in preparation for toolbar support (and I'm going to drop concise).

The Power button……. Is not fusebox, 'm not sure what mod. I think it is KSPI.

Fair enough. I had only installed about three mods, one was this and one was KSPI, and it made perfect sense to me that that little power button would be related to Fusebox.

Anyway, yes, a compact mode / toolbar support would be great!

therealcrow999 - I know what that problem is but how to fix it is going to be 'interesting'. Basically even though I do not have 'using <mod dll name>' in the source, when I compile it the DLL I release has signatures embedded. When Fusebox starts, it checks if it can see other mods DLLs and if yes, it tries to use them but if the DLL is a slightly different version it stops working as you described. As an example, if I compiled with KAS 0.44 and 0.45 gets released, Fusebox says 'cool, KAS is available' but then dies because the version signatures don't match internally. I went to look at your log but it says access denied. I'll have to add version checking and probably add a window saying which mods it found, which were found but wrong version and which not found.

landeTLS - see posts above. I've started on toolbar integration.

On that note, if anyone fancies making a toolbar icon for Fusebox that'd save me bashing my head off MS paint. I was thinking a green icon when gen > drain and turn red when drain > gen.

i made a couple of quick icons for you in gimp, didnt test them out ingame but they should work.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9yFzV-G4YPzZFBUUnNSUmFYbkU&usp=sharing

EDIT:

made some more with red and green draining and charging like you wanted, have a look and feel free to use them if you weant to.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9yFzV-G4YPzZjREYWtoRHVLZzQ&usp=sharing

Edited by landeTLS

i made a couple of quick icons for you in gimp, didnt test them out ingame but they should work.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9yFzV-G4YPzZFBUUnNSUmFYbkU&usp=sharing

EDIT:

made some more with red and green draining and charging like you wanted, have a look and feel free to use them if you weant to.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9yFzV-G4YPzZjREYWtoRHVLZzQ&usp=sharing

Nice thanks. Christmas slightly in the way but the toolbar stuff is now top of the list.

A thought on things..

Could you separate antenna and lights in the filter?

Your antenna power usage values are really high and considered always-on, which they never are.

I like including a lot of them as well as a lot of lights to make things look nicer, it would be really handy to know what happens if you just leave all the lights running.

A thought on things..

Could you separate antenna and lights in the filter?

Your antenna power usage values are really high and considered always-on, which they never are.

I like including a lot of them as well as a lot of lights to make things look nicer, it would be really handy to know what happens if you just leave all the lights running.

I don't want to add more filters at the moment since I might redo that whole section after the toolbar stuff. The antenna power is correct, that is how much power they use per second when transmitting (there is a multiplier based on the transmission rate) and in the VAB it always shows everything on at the maximum so that people know what to expect in flight as a worst case.

• 3 weeks later...
Same thing. Try this build - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71576136/Fusebox.dll

It's my current dev version, if it detects a DLL it knows about but which is the wrong version for it to use, it switches support off in Fusebox for just that mod. So if you have say a KAS older or newer than the one it knows about, it'll just skip KAS parts instead of dying completely. I also got the GUI shrunk a bit in preparation for toolbar support (and I'm going to drop concise).

Similar issue: fusebox title bar was showing up but that was it. Could not get it to expand. Installed this dll and it works properly now.

I have too many mods to even start to guess which one was causing the conflict.

ok tested the newest version. this nullref repeats almost 100 times on entry to the vab/sph, there are also intermittent nre's under flight. and the plugin heavily conflicts with the rasterpropmonitor plugin.

same result with both the devbuild and the most recent release

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at EditorLogic.recurseShipList (.Part part, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 shipList) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.getSortedShipList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.get_SortedShipList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Ratzap.Fusebox.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

at EditorLogic.recurseShipList (.Part part, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 shipList) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It's coming from a KSP module 'EditorLogic.get_SortedShipList' - there's something on the ship that KSP isn't happy about. Fusebox just calls it for a list of parts that KSP thinks make up the given ship. If that returns unrefs, it's some dodgy part on the ship.

Have my first bug, when I entered VAB and loaded a craft, the fusebox icon was there on top, I clicked on it nothing showed. The icon moved liked it normally does when you click it. I couldn't figure what it was, I thought maybe Kerbal Engineer. I heard it was causing some other mods problems, especially toolbar.

I took Engineer out and started game up again, same thing, but this time I click fusebox icon and nothing happens at all. Doesn't even move. So I don't know how to track problem down. I am using the new toolbar 1.2.1 and most of the mods that use toolbar.

Here is my log file when I originally started game up:

http://www./view/e51xl4wrr3o4rju/KSP%2012-20-13.log

Hope this helps.

Edit: I just read the other post above, they were having same problem.

I have the same issue, just a plain "Fusebox"-Button, nothing happens when clicking, just after the first click the button jumps right under the "NEW" button of the VAB, so I have to be careful, not to delete my construction when trying to activate fusebox.

Even you .dll file doesn't help here... :(

It's coming from a KSP module 'EditorLogic.get_SortedShipList' - there's something on the ship that KSP isn't happy about. Fusebox just calls it for a list of parts that KSP thinks make up the given ship. If that returns unrefs, it's some dodgy part on the ship.

Just to clarify. This accurs when running on a new save with no other mods than fuzebox and on any part as the root part. And as i mentioned it accurs before any parts are added to the ship(on entry to the vab/sph)

Hope this helps. If there is anything else i can do to help you pinpoint the issue ill be glad to try it.

Edited by landeTLS

It's a bug in KSP since v 0.23 - http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/2021 it will throw errors continually (and fast) once the VAB is entered until an assembly with at least two parts has been created.

Unfortunately it's easy to point the finger at a mod, when in fact the problem is within KSP's own functions, either as a bug, or a function that was previously relied on has been changed in an undocumented way. Always remember that the game itself is still in rapid development, and has to be considered as a moving target. Updates can and will break things.

Edited by Roxette

Hmm. Wierd that it only accurs for me when fuzebox is loaded then. Ofcourse it could be that fuzebox calls the buggy api that then creates the nullrefs like ratzap said. The nullrefs arent the issue tho. The problem is that when fuzebox and rpm is loaded it causes the flightgui to freeze completly. To reproduce load the two plugins and a create any craft with a pod that has rpms and launch it. Unload fuzebox and the issue dissapears. Im also seeing intermittent gui issues(loss of camera control etc.) with only fuzebox loaded.

Hey Ratzap,

thx for the latest update, works well for me. Even encountered the warp-shutdown.

Two points on this:

1) You can't close the alert window, until the battery charge reaches the threshold again.

2) And you should mention somehow, where to change the threshold, as written in that alert window.

But, hey, these are no complaints. I like the idea and I love, that this plugin works now in VAB :D

It's always worked in the VAB but nevermind, glad you like it.

Yeah the thing with the warp shutdown is hard to get round because the conditions haven't gone away it'll pop right back up again. There are two choices, keep the box open and steer/warp etc as normal and hit OK once the battery is back over threshold. Or hit settings and switch off the warp watcher option. I might see if I can put something in that won't allow another warning until the battery has refilled over the threshold but I don't want peple to miss running out due to some complex logic.

Yeah the thing with the warp shutdown is hard to get round because the conditions haven't gone away it'll pop right back up again. There are two choices, keep the box open and steer/warp etc as normal and hit OK once the battery is back over threshold. Or hit settings and switch off the warp watcher option. I might see if I can put something in that won't allow another warning until the battery has refilled over the threshold but I don't want peple to miss running out due to some complex logic.

I've tried turning the warp watcher option off after it has popped up, but that does not work unfortunately. I tried switching it off in the VAB, but that setting didn't carry to flight it seems.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.