[1.05] Fusebox - electric charge tracker and build helper. 1.52 released 24th Jan 16

Ratzap

64 bit is unstable, Linux 64 even more so. Hell, Squad don't even really support it because they can't. All the 64 bit problems are in Unity which they are promising to fix in v5 when it comes out. I've run Fusebox briefly in Win64 and it worked so I'm afraid you're just going to have to do without for a while, this isn't a bug I can fix.

64-bit is stable on Linux. I have something like 70 mods and it works fine, no crashes etc. (well, without this mod)

64 bit is unstable, Linux 64 even more so. Hell, Squad don't even really support it because they can't. All the 64 bit problems are in Unity which they are promising to fix in v5 when it comes out. I've run Fusebox briefly in Win64 and it worked so I'm afraid you're just going to have to do without for a while, this isn't a bug I can fix.

Pretty sure it's the other way round, actually. Linux x64 is stable, it's Win x64 that Squad and modders don't support.

The simple answer remains: I cannot and will not attempt to fix any problems in a 64 bit version. I'm using standard Unity and KSP methods compiled for 'all platforms'. If that makes it crash it ain't my problem unless you have some log sections you can point at.

Fusebox doesn't seem to recognize the power produced from the Hydrogen Fuel Cell in the Universal storage mod.

Nope because that's another mod which does not have query methods in it's API and will need them submitted to the author as a pull request. I use the US mods so it's on the list for doing sometime.

The simple answer remains: I cannot and will not attempt to fix any problems in a 64 bit version. I'm using standard Unity and KSP methods compiled for 'all platforms'. If that makes it crash it ain't my problem unless you have some log sections you can point at.

Nope because that's another mod which does not have query methods in it's API and will need them submitted to the author as a pull request. I use the US mods so it's on the list for doing sometime.

No problem. It's not a big deal at all, just wanted you to be aware that it didn't count it.

Fuse box is a very handy mod. I like it.

No problem. It's not a big deal at all, just wanted you to be aware that it didn't count it.

Fuse box is a very handy mod. I like it.

There are an awful lot of things sadly because charge isn't handled via a standardised API. A number of stock items are impossible to get information from so the mod is mostly an ongoing best effort sort of thing. The next KSP version is probably going to cause most or a large number of mods to break (from a I got from Maxmaps) due to the large number of changes in VAB, editor and Part/PartModule. Don't try and use anything from 0.25 when the new one comes out, it's likely to go bang.

The antenna from ORIGAMI foldable antenna dishes for RemoteTech seems to return absurdly high values in fusebox (~58 for the big one, ~13 for the small one), even though in remote tech config file they have much smaller value (2.8 for the big one and 1.8 for the small one). I haven't launch anything with the two yet so I am still unsure if it is problem from them or from fusebox, will be testing them out soon.

Edit: Oh, and apparently they are not recognized as RemoteTech 2 antennas, the filter does nothing to them.

Edited by RainDreamer

The antenna from ORIGAMI foldable antenna dishes for RemoteTech seems to return absurdly high values in fusebox (~58 for the big one, ~13 for the small one), even though in remote tech config file they have much smaller value (2.8 for the big one and 1.8 for the small one). I haven't launch anything with the two yet so I am still unsure if it is problem from them or from fusebox, will be testing them out soon.

Edit: Oh, and apparently they are not recognized as RemoteTech 2 antennas, the filter does nothing to them.

If they are implemented with their own plugin replacing the RT2 or standard PartModule stuff then yes, it's not going to work until it gets custom treatment. I'm holding off doing much at the moment as I'm busy and 0.90.0 is going to shake things up a lot. Once the smoke clears from that I'll get back to adding whatever survives the transition.

Fusebox gui windows do not pop up after doing anything with OKS/MKS. As soon as I add an OKS or MKS part fusebox no longer seems to disply its controls. What is worse is it seem to be permanent. In order to get fuse box controls to appear again I have to exit KSP then delete the fusebox folder and reinstall it! Can you please explain why this is happening and how I can fix it with out having to do a complete shutdown and re-install of the fusebox mod?

I'm getting this in my ksp.log when I'm in the VAB or SPH

[EXC 20:29:00.253] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index

System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PartModule].get_Item (Int32 index)

PartModuleList.get_Item (Int32 index)

Ratzap.Fusebox.OnGUI ()

And this in my output.log

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PartModule].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModuleList.get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Ratzap.Fusebox.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Crash!!!

Edited by Ford6
added output.log

Fusebox gui windows do not pop up after doing anything with OKS/MKS. As soon as I add an OKS or MKS part fusebox no longer seems to disply its controls. What is worse is it seem to be permanent. In order to get fuse box controls to appear again I have to exit KSP then delete the fusebox folder and reinstall it! Can you please explain why this is happening and how I can fix it with out having to do a complete shutdown and re-install of the fusebox mod?

Never heard of this happening. Give me some info please. Are you using toolbar or running FB naked? What verion of OKS/MKS?

Ford6: that's an old one, you have a part which KSP chokes on. The code failing is part of the C# standard libraries called from a KSP method - not mine. Does it always happen at the same time? When picking a particular part?

I'm getting this in my ksp.log when I'm in the VAB or SPH

I'm getting this too, (no crash though, so I've been ignoring it) I'll try to narrow it down to specific part(s) tomorrow.

That said, AFAICT it's happening on every craft I build...

EDIT:

Ok, it's struts. Ordinary old EAS-4 strut connectors.

As soon as I place the first end, the log spam starts.

Ideas?

Edited by steve_v
Duh, specify *what* you're getting...

I suppose you have had no success in getting Fractal_UK interested in ensuring the needed bits in the Interstellar plugins are accessible to you? Have you even asked him? He is getting ready to release a new version and it shouldn't be terribly difficult to set the needed functions public...of course, I've also not looked at his code...there might simply not be a way for his plugins to output the data you'd need for compatibility.

• 2 weeks later...

gui's not showing up in the vab???

I click the toolbar icon and nothing happens?

I press alt-f2 and then press the fb icon and the gui appears along with the debug window. I get no errors or warnings in the debug window but if I close the debug window the fusebox gui goes away too!!! WTH???

This is crazy! I cannot use this if I have to have the debug window open to see the gui? Why is it doing this??

update: another clue to help figure out what is going on. if I select fusebox icon while in flight nothing happens but if I press f2 all the gui elements go away and the fusebox gui turns on?????

Edited by ctbram

Einarr - which interstellar, there are a couple of different versions floating about. I think I posted in Fractals thread a long time ago and he wasn't interested. Most mod authors say the same thing: submit a pull request. I'll look into more additions after 0.90 hits - couple of weeks at most I'd think since it's in experimentals.

jfjonny5 - No, that has to be handled by the solar panels. Near future has that in it and Fusebox just uses the values the panels pass back. Light falloff in stock, NFP and KISP are of course all differently modelled :)

ctbram - sounds very weird. While KSP is not running, go to the GameData\Fusebox\Plugins\PluginData\Fusebox folder, delete the config.xml and try again.

gui's not showing up in the vab???

I click the toolbar icon and nothing happens?

I press alt-f2 and then press the fb icon and the gui appears along with the debug window. I get no errors or warnings in the debug window but if I close the debug window the fusebox gui goes away too!!! WTH???

This is crazy! I cannot use this if I have to have the debug window open to see the gui? Why is it doing this??

update: another clue to help figure out what is going on. if I select fusebox icon while in flight nothing happens but if I press f2 all the gui elements go away and the fusebox gui turns on?????

yeap so do this....when fusebox gui shows (and other gui disappear) just hit Esc all should come back

• 2 weeks later...
the core does, mod parts may not function until I do a fresh compile against newer libraries. Over the weekend I'll put together a new release anyway with whatever mod DLLs have been updated by then.

That would be fantastic as I absolutely love this mod.

As of just now there are 5 mods not yet updated that had support, I'll be removing those for now (disabling) until such time as new versions exist. the 5 are:

BTSM

Near future

Remote tech 2

TAC life sup

Telemachus

I'll check again before releasing. I'm also thinking of dropping toolbar support in the next plus one release and just use the stock bar. It'd make the code a lot easier to just support one control path but is anyone terribly attached to toolbar?

Near future

I'll check again before releasing. I'm also thinking of dropping toolbar support in the next plus one release and just use the stock bar. It'd make the code a lot easier to just support one control path but is anyone terribly attached to toolbar?

Wait, is near future not working? I use that and I thought nothing broke this update? Although, I haven't tested it extensively yet. I think a button at the bottom like FAR or KER or RCS build aid would be fine, really.

As of just now there are 5 mods not yet updated that had support, I'll be removing those for now (disabling) until such time as new versions exist. the 5 are:

BTSM

Near future

Remote tech 2

TAC life sup

Telemachus

well honestly i would love to see Blizzy's toolbar stays as an option

the reason is Blizzy's toolbar can be hidden while stock cant...and using a bunch of other mods with stock toolbar's would just clutter up the screen

but then again it's your call :)

Zif - it's not been released as 0.90 is what I mean. Whether or not it appears to work with the 0.25 version doesn't matter to me. Too often in the past I've left old DLL support in and it causes problems. The safest way is only support what has been released for current, then if there is a problem I can go to the author.

I might leave toolbar as an option and make the stock default. The problem with two display methods though is you have a fair bit of complexity to keep them from falling over each other and I don't want to allocate resource for something that isn't used. If it gets messy toolbar will have to go but I'll try and keep it.

I also found the F2 thing the guy from the last page was on about. All mods behave the same way. Go to an in flight vessel and press alt-F2, the entire interface disappears and the debug window pops up. This is a Unity thing (I read the key press documentation yesterday) - it will only tell you a specific key is pressed on the frame that the key went down (or up). So when you hit alt and F2, unless you manage to hit them both within say 20ms of each other the alt will register in one frame and the F2 in another. I wrote some code that tracks shift/alt/cnt modifiers and I can make Fusebox only disappear when F2 is pressed alone. But that makes it behave differently from everything else ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.