[1.05] Fusebox - electric charge tracker and build helper. 1.52 released 24th Jan 16

Ratzap

• 2 weeks later...

If the guy making the RT2 antennae overloaded PartModule to create a sub-class then yes, it'd take an extra version. This is the major problem with charge in KSP, there are no standardized methods in PartModule so everyone does their own (incompatible) thing. That then means referencing their dll at compile time for Fusebox which in turn means that version of Fusebox will only work if their mod is available at run time. If you look into RT2 cfg files you will see

MODULE

{

name = ModuleRTAntenna

This would indeed need a specially linked version.

• 3 weeks later...

Ahh -- I'm using RT2, that must be why my values look wacky sometimes. I also need to do a better job of planning power usage, generation, and storage since the antennas are not just for decoration anymore. Most of the engineering modules focus on weight and flight characteristics.

Maybe I just need to unlock the extendable solar panels in career mode to make my life easier. ;)

Another thought for something useful would be to list the items that are drawing (or generating) power, and how much. Really helpful for mid-flight adjustments and building craft with enough battery storage to survive a trip around the dark side of Kerbin. I don't even think MechJeb has that info.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a working solution so I can make one build that can access any weird-ass mod or extension. It still needs coding up inside Fusebox as there is no standard interface to charge but I can just compile one DLL that does it all.

Release 0.7 will be coming in a week or two. I'll build in support for

KAS

Aviation Lights

Near Future

RT2

Kethane

And others that need to go on the list?

Stack Inline Lights

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/52014

Surface Mounted Stock-Alike Lights for Self-Illumination

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57778-0-22-Surface-Mounted-Stock-Alike-Lights-for-Self-Illumination

I finally got a working solution so I can make one build that can access any weird-ass mod or extension. It still needs coding up inside Fusebox as there is no standard interface to charge but I can just compile one DLL that does it all.

KAS

Aviation Lights

Near Future

RT2

Kethane

KAS

Aviation Lights

Near Future

RT2

Kethane

KSP Interstellar's Reactors (nuclear, thorium, fusion , antimatter), and microwaved beamed power support would be extra nice though I don't know if they would need special support. If the reactors are netting megajoules, they also make some of that into normal charge, IIRC. Thanks.

KSP Interstellar's Reactors (nuclear, thorium, fusion , antimatter), and microwaved beamed power support would be extra nice though I don't know if they would need special support. If the reactors are netting megajoules, they also make some of that into normal charge, IIRC. Thanks.

I thought about KISP but everything drowns in charge when using it, running out would be fairly bizarre. I might add it but definitely a low priority.

So far I have:

KAS

Aviation Lights

Near Future

RT2

Kethane

SCANsat

in the plugin. SCANsat is switched off for now though because it will tell me how much power is used but not if it is currently using any or not - that variable is private to his plugin. I'll post in the SCANsat thread.

Stack Inline Lights - stock ModuleLight, no special support required.

Surface Mounted Stock-Alike Lights for Self-Illumination - same, stock ModuleLight, no special support required.

What about Telemachus? It doesn't seem to use a lot of power. That's really the only other one I could of think of. I think everything might be covered.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24594-0-22-Telemachus-–-Telemetry-and-Flight-Control-in-the-Web-Browser

I put it in but it won't compile, he has the 'isActive' and 'powerConsumed' variables as static declarations. Meaning I cannot access them. The code is in place if he ever changes it.

Some time along with 0.22, fusebox stopped showing any GUI in VAB/SPH for me too (or in flight, so it hasn't been available at all), I just assumed it was some incompatibility either with KSP 0.22+ or some mod I use. I realized at some point that I was accidentally installing both versions with KSPModAdmin, but installing stock only the way it's intended to be installed didn't help either. I'm not using real solar system, but I am using modularfuels, far, deadly reentry and a fairly large list of mods, I can list them here if that would be helpful though.

The telemachus guy came through and support for that should be in now. The SCANsat guy didn't even acknowledge my post.

The new release without references seems to be working (limited folk using it the last 3 days) so I'll just go ahead and roll out 0.7 now. I've not done much to the GUI but I can do that later.

Cool, thanks! ScanSat guy has been away for a month or so. We might hear from him after Holidays.

The telemachus guy came through and support for that should be in now. The SCANsat guy didn't even acknowledge my post.

The new release without references seems to be working (limited folk using it the last 3 days) so I'll just go ahead and roll out 0.7 now. I've not done much to the GUI but I can do that later.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.