Manned Maneuvering Unit (MMU)

xoknight

So I often find myself using all my EVA fuel and i'm stranded, or I don't have enough fuel to travel from place to place. Also one design flaw in the EVA jetpacks is that it cannot roll on its side, so you often find yourself trying to get onto a sideways capsule. This MMU has a small probe on it for SAS and has the ability to roll, giving it more maneuverability over than the EVA suits. Introducing the Hercules jet pack Mk.7

Also this got recently featured in you tuber Gooi's 2013 build-off competition:

Guess who won?:wink:

-Craft file: (Put in Sub-Assembly folder) http://www.This website cannot be used on these forums/download/jt5312exkjob00f/Hercules+Jetpack+MK_7.craft

Mk-8: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67453-Hercules-Manned-Maneuvering-Unit-Mk-8-%28IT-S-FINALLY-HERE%21%21%21%29?highlight=Manned+Maneuvering+units

Mk-9: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68057-Hercules-Manned-Maneuvering-Unit-Mk-9?highlight=Manned+Maneuvering+units

It contains:

-1 Radioisotope Thermometric Generator (RTG)

-2 Stratus-V Roundified Monopropellant Tank (Round RCS tanks carrying 40- of monopropellant each) ... 80-of monopropellant.

-1 Probodobodyne OKTO

-4 Place Anywhere 7 Linear RCS Ports

-2 RV-105 RCS Thruster Block

-1 Clamp-O-Tron Jr.

-1 EAS-1 External Command Seat

Keep SAS on.

RjfVYfg.png

jZ0KbNG.png

sDhiFfF.png

wCwiDNw.png

Space Station inspection-

NMgI5zw.png

0coL9BY.png

YzFohZS.png

I made a modded MMU with a arm on it a long time ago, but now this was the only surviving image. The MMU is the object on the left attached to the command capsule.

Ig1wxU8.png

Edited by xoknight

I did an extension to my space station last night with my own derived MMU, its more on the line of the OP's next mk on this with a 150 tank on it. Basically you can maneover a hitchhiker module into position with it, and I would expect that a pv array would be easy if a little time consuming to complete.

EVA suit for constructing stations?

This makes me think of the Arc Runner in the animation movie Titan AE.

They use soms kind of hoverbike with a clamp at front to move pieces around...would be so awesome in KSP!

But can't find a screenshot of the arc runner.

One kind of situation you can get in...

COMMRAY 3:

STATUS- EMERGENCY

DISPATCHING NEAREST EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM... Unit 4; Ship- Ceres; Crew- Bill Kerman, Mactop Kerman.

Hercules MMU deployed, Kerbonaut Bill Kerman dispatched for assignment

8cCg1kZ.png

On-route to COMMRAY satellite...

fjLQoCC.png

Visual range...

9gbYnpN.png

Multiple failures spotted physically... 2nd Solar panel deployment malfunction-not enough power to power satellite, Docking arm completely obliterated...(micrometeorites/collision/...)

qJfSfED.png

Repair impossible, heading back to Ceres.

oNLYLF4.png

Dock confirmed, Returning to IKSS for resupplying and re fueling...

MS7SY9g.png

Mission: Failiure

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.