[0.23.5] Editor Part Highlighter

xEvilReeperx

Thanks for this! This seems awesome - i can't remember how often i had to fiddle around with stuff when setting up staging. This should or something equivalent should be stock - after all, stock already colors parts on hover, just so subtle that one can barely see it, and certainly not when the part is obscured - which happens all the time for radial decouplers.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
working in 0.25
Working under Win32 for me.

*sigh* These reports mean absolutely nothing. You could be throwing silent errors and NREs. Please provide your entire error log (not just portions of it) to the mod author so that they can identify if your install of this mod really is actually working properly. (A car engine can have serious issues, but the vehicle runs smoothly on the highway.) See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-(READ-FIRST).

You know what this mod needs? It should work the other direction too. Mousing over the part on your vehicle should make the icon glow bright green.

Oh my goodness what he said! [big fan of your videos, Matt, btw.]

I don't understand why such a small number of people respond on this thread. This mod is one of the essential mods I have installed with every single KSP install on my system. It should frankly be part of the stock game because it completely fixes a very fundamental and irritating problem. I really hope to see this mod updated and properly maintained like it should be.

Honestly, I've never really even updated this mod since I saw it a long time ago and, other than a few specifically complicated parts not getting the shader applied properly, it pretty much works without any hand-holding or whatever. I also don't understand why it hasn't been integrated into the base program already.

Honestly, I've never really even updated this mod since I saw it a long time ago and, other than a few specifically complicated parts not getting the shader applied properly, it pretty much works without any hand-holding or whatever. I also don't understand why it hasn't been integrated into the base program already.

Actually, better parts highlighting is planned for next update.

Ok, if they do look as the images in the OP I will have to test the next udate.

This mod makes seeing the selected part a million times easier. And unlike the stock game the highlighting will show through parts that may be blocking whatever part you are looking for. With complicated designs it is almost inevitable that you'll have parts buried under a bunch of other parts which makes the stock highlighting (which is next to impossible to see to begin with) completely useless.

• 4 weeks later...
You need to turn on antialiasing first before the option becomes available.

Thankyou for letting me know this,

I must say I would have never figured this one out, thats a wierd requirement for such a simple function. Too bad my laptop will die if I turn on AA.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome. Sure, stock functionality exists for highlighting parts, but it's rather subtle and tends to not be capable of highlighting parts through other parts. I wasn't even aware this needed an update though. I have been somewhat lacking in my editor activity lately.

I'm also one of those on a laptop mostly, and the only feature of KSP that will slow me down more than AA is the shadow system. Heck, I'd play with an abnormal part count and still be more comfortable than with AA, or shadows if I'm really feeling the need to suffer, enabled.

Edited by Gaalidas

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.