BEST KSP mods in you opinion

Pawelk198604

I recently returned to game after short brake. I mostly play unmoded game the only mod i have it's MechJeb2, Procedural faring, Steam guages.

What is top mod for KSP?

PS. I'm lousy and celestial mechanic so i stay with Low Kerbin Orbit, and occasionally visit Mun, Minmus. My most daring mission was kerbaled flyby to Eve and return to Kerbin. in previous update i send Kerbal to one way trip do Duna :D My farthest mission was probe to Jool. In current update i made the flyby to Eve, since in this update Karbals aren't immortal i was little afraid does i will recover my favorite crew, But Jeb and his team made it, and they returned safely. Sorry i'm little talkative it's due my Asperger :D

I want to knew what is best updates, the absolute must to have list.

I'm enjoying the Kethane mod. The resource mapping gave me experience with polar orbits, and setting up the various craft to mine, transfer, and process the Kethane was fun.

I downloaded it today but not yet installed, i watched it on youtube where on of polish ksp fan demonstrated how it works, it's look sweet like real NASA concept of H3 mining on Moon.

For myself I have been really enjoying Infernal Robotics, having the ability to put folding and rotating parts into my ressels has been an opener for so many new types of mission.

Also as I use Ferram Aerospace, I will say that the Procedural Fairings mod is a really importaint one to have too :)

I like the look of Kethane and also Remote-Tech but have not tried either as of yet.

For design and testing purposes, Kerbal Engineer Redux and Subassembly Loader are pretty much must-haves. The latter will become obsolete with the next version of KSP, which is actually kind of nice.

For gameplay expansion purposes, Kethane and Kerbal Attachment System are great choices. I also like to use the TAC Life Support mod, but that's mostly because I enjoy a good challenge.

I use, in no particular order:

MechJeb (even if I didn't use Smart A.S.S. I would still use this or Kerbal Engineer for the info panes.)*

Universe Replacer

Chatterer (there's one file in there that sounds like the last word is 'schmuck'. I laugh every time I hear it.)

MapSat

Graphotron 2000

Kerbal Attachment System

Lazor Cams (Haven't used the whole weapons package)*

Lazor Arms (Canadarm and Buran arm not weapons :))

KSPX (although most of this is stock now, I use it mainly for the half size RCS tank and the big nuke engine)*

Procedural Fairings*

Precise Node*

Kerbal alarm Clock*

Navigation Lights (too cool for dressing up your craft if you can spare the part count)

Docking Struts*

TAC Fuel Balancer*

Ordan Industries Telescope

Anything with a * is a must have IMHO.

Edited by DChurchill

I love all stock-a-like mods, so KSPX and things like hoojiwana's Stockalike pack are great, I often find that stock-alike parts fill a niche that exists currently in-game, and that makes them all the more essential. The KAS mod really is something else, I highly recommend it as it opens such a wide range of engineering and mission possibilities. I'm not a big fan of anything that adds things that we already have in the game, so I'm not one for KW Rocketry or NovaPunch, which amongst other things, add more fuel tanks and engines that with some engineering can be closely replicated with stock. That being said, I love old soviet rocket style, so if the Kosmos pack ever gets back to where it was (was it called Angara pack?) then I'd get that no questions asked.

I love all stock-a-like mods, so KSPX and things like hoojiwana's Stockalike pack are great, I often find that stock-alike parts fill a niche that exists currently in-game, and that makes them all the more essential. The KAS mod really is something else, I highly recommend it as it opens such a wide range of engineering and mission possibilities. I'm not a big fan of anything that adds things that we already have in the game, so I'm not one for KW Rocketry or NovaPunch, which amongst other things, add more fuel tanks and engines that with some engineering can be closely replicated with stock. That being said, I love old soviet rocket style, so if the Kosmos pack ever gets back to where it was (was it called Angara pack?) then I'd get that no questions asked.

You might like this then! I love this pack.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/40220-0-21-1-StarShine-Industries-Stock-Like-Parts-Project-v0-5

• 2 weeks later...

For me it is.

-KSPX

-Kerbal Engineering

-Docking Port Alignment indactor by NavyFish

-FAR, I have to have realistic aerodynamics or else I find it a waste of time

-Acturas Thrust Corrector, having to recalculate your engine loads due to altitude, speed or any other factor is a must.

-Crew Manifest, It doesn't make sense that I have to go EVA just to go between pods that are connected.

-B9, so many great looking parts.

-ISA Map sat, giving your probe missions a reason.

-Deadly Re-Entry, nothing says fun like burning up in the atmosphere.

-TAC Fuel balancer, I like being able to move my fuel around without having to find each and every tank and doing it manually. They have the same option on a Cesna so why not on a space craft.

-Subassembly Manager, Oh so nice to be able to make a lander once, save it and move it from launcher vehicle to launch vehicle.

Edited by Hodo

Note: This list is not complete, I'll work on refining and expanding it over the weekend.

Can't play without (most to least important):

- sarbian's dev build of MechJeb2 (the "force rotation" option in docking mode is quite nice)

- Kosmos Space Station Parts Pack (used in almost much every rocket I build)

- NovaPunch parts pack (used in every rocket I build)

- The pre-alpha Dunar Excursion Module (used in my VTVL 3-seat crew SSTO)

- RLA Power Generation pack

- ULA pack

- C.O.R.E. ANVIL

- Procedural Fairings (handy for strutting big payloads)

Nice to have (no particular order):

- FASA

- Orion nuclear pulse propulsion mod

- StarShine Industries Athena parts

- Ferram Aerospace Research

- FusTek station parts

- FusTek IACBM

- BobCat's Soviet Pack

- Lionhead Aerospace European Pack

- American Pack

- cBBp's Dragon

- LazTek SpaceX pack

- RLA ion engines

- RLA stock-alike

- Component Shuttle System

- B9 Aerospace Parts Pack

- The ramjet from Taverio's Pizza and Aerospace

Edited by Fail-Man 3D
Added FASA to list

• 4 weeks later...

Will all the mods listed above work in the new career mode in .22? I really want to use them but am a total newbie and would not really know if some were working properly or not.

Edited by jpinard

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.