Shinatama 7 Series Fueled Adapters & Caps (K'lia Industries)

Dispatcher

The Shinatama 7 series of fueled adapters & caps is the result of engineers asking "what if we put fuel in these things?" (Don't ask what happened to the first 6 series.) While the adapters sport a translucent outer structure, cost and mass savings were achieved by getting rid of one of the internal tanks! Seriously. The oxidizer tank is immersed in the outer fuel tank, and both contribute to structural strength. The caps also consist of an inner oxidizer tank within the outer fuel tank, although their composite housings are not translucent. K'lia Industries' highly paid engineers say that the outer tanks are slicker than the old metal housings, so drag is reduced. These Shinatama fueled components may be attached and used "upside down" as well as in the more traditional "right side up" orientation, thanks to the more balanced vertical design of the central pumps and oxidizer tank. While this inner tank is baffled for "slosh control", it also assists in controlling "sloshing" of KlearFuel in the outer tank (currently rather reminiscent of a washing machine tub and agitator).

9781509346_402ca2444e_b.jpg

9780162945_6dd6ab8a16_z.jpg

The parts –

Fueled Adapters:

Nightmare Small-Large

Phantasm Medium-Large

Shade Small-Medium

Fueled Caps:

Ghast Large

Grendel Medium

Banshee Small

9780173035_3c1c059aab_z.jpg

Find it here!

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/fueled-adapters/

License: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0). http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ See license details in the Read Me.

Edited by Dispatcher
Added closer shot.

The delta-V stats look good. :) The only mods I have that I think will have an impact on this are the thrust corrector and deadly re-entry mods, but that being said it'll only keep you from going faster. :D As for me. . . I'll be using them a lot. . . I like the looks and functionality. Keep up the good work dude, hope to see more. :)

http://imgur.com/a/rFBHF

Glad you've found them useful! The color came about largely in getting the design to look like there might be fuel in the adapters. A drab gray scale wasn't very convincing. Too little color also wasn't convincing. And too much (actually, not color so much as alpha and shader) made the adapters look like popsicles. I wanted the opaque nose "cones" to go with the set, so that required some color too. My next project will have a look more in line with stock parts, since I'll not be using transparency or translucency on those. They will fit another niche. As for the adapters and caps, I made something which I wanted to use myself. Good luck in your KSP travels!

Edited by Dispatcher
Added detail.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.