[0.21 - 1.0.5] Audio Muffler

NovaSilisko

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This mod could not modify the radio chatterer audio fx, because they are inside the capsule, with atmosphere.

Now what happens here is that all sounds go "underwater fx". Others that could not modify is the bell from Kerbal Clock, and alarms from Science Alert.

:P

Besides that, i love this mod.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
A toggle would be excellent though, I would agree.

Just came here to say this, I would love a toggle. Sorry for the necro.

If I knew how to compile .dlls I'll see if I could add one, but I need my KSP music!

Edited by waterlubber

Just came here to say this, I would love a toggle. Sorry for the necro.

If I knew how to compile .dlls I'll see if I could add one, but I need my KSP music!

Likewise. A toggle would be super handy. Also though, Unity 5 have far more sound options than Unity 4, meaning it would be more possible to muffle only certain sounds in the future, rather than game volume.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is very cool, but I think it muffles it too much. In real life a lot of the engine sounds would be carried up through the craft as vibrations in the metal, and you would hear a deep rumbling. this just mutes the sound completely

• 3 weeks later...

This plugin also muffles the "chatterer" plugin & EVA sounds (the breathing sounds that the Kerbal normally hears). It would be nice if those were not muffled. It would also be good if there was a UI to disable it without having to unload the plugin.

EDIT: Aaaand that's what happens when I don't read the rest of the thread. Sorry for the necro.

Edited by Bombaatu
Oops

Did a little update to the first post with new download links - not a new version, just new links as I rearranged my dropbox and the old ones were broken. But there's a note there now too!

Maybe, maybe I'll redo this with 1.1 and Unity 5's new audio system but I don't know. I'm more keen on encouraging someone else to take up the task and build a better Muffler; one that's configurable and more realistic.

Edited by NovaSilisko

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.