beams

slopes

bricks

docking port

lights

canopy

command module

and more!

Let me know what you think of how the new parts are built and if you have any suggestions for configuring them.

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found an outdated mod by keptin thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/2503-v0-6-BrickMod?p=184729&viewfull=1#post184729 And updated to work with new KSP versions.

Includes:

2 Standard Liquid Engine Bricks

1 miniLiquid Engine Brick

1 Radial Liquid Engine Brick

1 Ion Engine Brick

1 Xenon Fuel Tank

1 RCS Fuel Tank Brick

1 RCS Thruster Port Brick

3 Liquid Fuel Tank Bricks

1 Stack Decoupler Brick

1 SAS Brick

1 PowerCell Brick

1 Winglet Brick

2 Radial Decoupler Bricks

1 Solid Booster Brick

1 Command Pod Brick (unfortunately hatch isnt working, so no EVA)

2 Nosecone Bricks

7WJzkiF.jpg?1

A few more screenshots

Installation:

Extract the BrickMod folder into the GameData directory

Usage:

Use the added "LEGO" style bricks to start building "LEGO" style rockets! There's not much too it, basically a few standard parts with "LEGO" style mesh and skin.

License:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/deed.en_US

Update 25.9.2013

Some screen shots of the work in progress.

http://imgur.com/a/o56hr

Edited by Roboto

Okay, I checked out the old thread and his download file (form here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/2503)

And I see no license ever posted by that author, or permission to redistribute.

So, did you contact keptin to get permission?

Over a year ago he made this post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/2503-v0-6-BrickMod?p=184729&viewfull=1#post184729

He definitely was looking for someone to take over, but it clearly states you do need to contact him for permission to take over.

You can't just take his mod and apply your own license to it. If you do get permission, it might not be a bad idea to throw some credit back to the original author as well.

Unrelated note: you should also put a copy of your license in your download (once its compliant)

My apologies upfront for going about this incorrectly. I'm sorta new to the process and just copied a license to satisfy the forum rules, it wasn't my intention to take any credit for the original work. That said, I actually don't remember seeing that post by keptin, I found the mod in google posted on a different site. But I will contact him about it though, it's only right that I do.

Edited by Roboto
spelling

Wow, this is just... so SO wrong. :)

(I'm downloading it!)

(I don't see anything about lego kerbals to go with it. That would be kinda neat... but wrong!)

I actually tried! I managed to make the Kerbals on the starting screen yellow with "lego-ish" eyebrows, but I can't change the models. I don't think we are permitted to edit those files.

I never got very far with anything, mainly because i wanted to completely remake it with more parts and stuff, but i couldn't and still, have no idea how to use unity, but good luck with it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay I don't want to cause any problems here, but I have to ask this question. Did you get permission from LEGO to develop this mod? I ask this not to cause a problem, but because the LEGO is a copyrighted brand and without the proper permissions from the makers of LEGO, you could run into a whole heap of legal problems. I'm not totally familiar with the legal details of using copyrighted work in a mod like this and for all I know it might not be a problem, but I would strongly recommend contacting the LEGO and explain what you are doing and find out if it's a problem or not. Else contact Squad about this mod and ask their legal department what the general rules are about something like this.

No, I'm afraid I don't work for LEGO, and I found this thread after finding a review on it on youtube. My advice still stands though. But, hey, don't trust me, do a search on google and see for yourself. I'm sure there are hundreds of listings of copyright lawsuits that would show one way or the other.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.