Specific music for planets when approaching or in orbit around them.

How about unique orbital music for each planet? Each one could have a unique tune like Holst's the planets, have a listen to this tune by Kevin Macleod (who already has many tunes in KSP) and imagine your satellite or space-station orbiting Eve, it would stop playing once you enter Eve's atmosphere, now imagine all the other planets and moons with their own music too!

You get the picture, doesn't have to be that specific track attached to each Eve, i am just using it as an example although i personally would love some more Kevin Macleod tracks in KSP regardless of which ones might be chosen.

Now at the moment i love the way the space music kicks in and i definitely, DEFINITELY don't want to lose a single track from KSP, so i propose that the new moon or planet specific music plays just once, on approach to the celestial body in question and also when you do a new load of a mission that is in orbit, (satellite/space-station etc, anything as long as it is in orbit,) and after one cycle of the new music, the normal music which we currently have resumes.

I'd also just like to say how much i like Kevin Macleod's music and how happy i am to have found out about his work through Kerbal Space program, yet another Kerbal benefit i've gained from.

What do you think guys? Just an idea.

Edit* I changed the way the new music might be used.

Edited by Custard Donut (In Space)

After you got the specific music ( orbiting the planet for the first time) would it be added to the normal music the game plays whenever? That way we wouldn't lose the track after hearing it for the first time.

My idea was for the track to play once on these occasions:

1. When you approach the planet.

2. When you load up a mission which has something orbiting the planet.

On both occasions the music would play once and then the normal, current space music that we already have would resume, my reasoning for doing it that way would be because if it played continuously we would become bored of it very quickly, and the current space-music does a very good job of cycling along without becoming too irritating.

But erm, of course it's just an idea, there may well be better ways of implementing these tracks.

my reasoning for doing it that way would be because if it played continuously we would become bored of it very quickly, and the current space-music does a very good job of cycling along without becoming too irritating.

Perhaps a better way would be to have the planet specific track added as part of the cycle, while you are in that planet's SOI.

• 1 month later...

I was going to make such thread myself.

Each planet should have own music tracks for;

- Planet encounter

- Planet escape

- Orbiting planet

- Descend

- Ascend

- Few for surface activities, depending on part you landed

I was going to make such thread myself.

Each planet should have own music tracks for;

- Planet encounter

- Planet escape

- Orbiting planet

- Descend

- Ascend

- Few for surface activities, depending on part you landed

Maybe set playlists for stuff like `dramatic` `serene` `danger` etc and a signature tune for each planet? As you enter the SOI the signature tune is played and then change the playlist for moments like `launch` `about to crash` `under accelleration` (as these are already noted by KSP for autosave purposes) a side effect would be that the music would let you know whether you could quicksave...

feels like Holst's Jolly Jupiter theme. Even though this is also another unoriginal piece, it's just a cover of a pre-existing song by MacLeod. I think it would be a great Jool song, edited to feel more spacey, and without the dramtic part in the middle.

GasPlanet2?

Gilly

Fells like I'm re-entering Jool at high speed! (and also in a Danny video)

Eeloo

Low over sun.

Moho

Duna?

Dres

Alt. Eeloo

Eve

Laythe

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The track you listed I feel might be better for when you are in orbit of Jool looking down on all of its moons. The idea you have is absolutely fantastic, if squad doesn't implement this simple thing in one of the next updates I will be severally disappointed in them...

Edit/addition: following links on the YouTube video lead me to his song/ music thing "black vortex" that could be very cool to hear near the sun! "Lightless dawn" would also be epic for deep space or a decent through a heavily clouded eve atmosphere.

Edited by DerpenWolf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.