MicroEngine and a fuel tank to match

Xemit

Have You ever been on the orbit and decided to go back to the surface but didn't have enough fuel to burn or didn't have an engine at all because it was too heavy (or You simply forgot it)?

If Your answer is yes then this pack is for You!

Features:

-a small engine ideal for course corrections and reentry burns while orbiting

-a small fuel tank, optimized for the engine

-the engine is very crash resistant and can survive crashes up to 20 m/s

-when attached to the pod it can safely land without a parachute (takes some practice)

Media:

microcket.png

Download

When I download this part, my game does not load. I don't know if anyone else has the problem, but ive been adding parts 1 by 1 and this part has stopped my goame from loading (shows the loading screen forever but does nothing)

When I download this part, my game does not load. I don't know if anyone else has the problem, but ive been adding parts 1 by 1 and this part has stopped my goame from loading (shows the loading screen forever but does nothing)

Make sure you've put the 'microengine' and 'microtank' folders to the 'Parts' folder and not somwhere else. Also don't put the readme file anywhere, it may break things.

Very nice. Very nice indeed. Capsule and mini engine, outside of air resistance and when high enough, develop THREE GEES. Make the tank any bigger and it can't even beat the miniscule gravity. So useful yet realistic I think.

Hey, nice mod!

I installed this on mah rocket just now, and attained my first orbit and deorbited with it. (That's just about how it's cool, even noobs can use it)

Since it was a very little bit off (dunno how i managed that, i pretty much went to 60km and flown horizontal... wanted to hit 40km orbit >.<), the micro engine allowed me to make a neat orbit correction for it to be very stable (<1 m/s, could keep it perfect with engine thrust, but i wanted to keep fuel for deorbiting)

After a couple minutes, i decided to try to deorbit, althought this could mean the death of my astronauts (parachute deployed in orbit when i detached carry stage to enable the microengine)

Aimed at 'some mark' on navball (the parachute direction helped me find it :P) and fired all the fuel i had from 2300 back to 1800m/s

Then it hit atmosphere, reentry, parachute somehow held (even though i entered at 1500+m/s.... i want same for real!), and i hit the ground at 6m/s on a very stable position (on the microengine thrusters)... BUT THEN WHAT?!! oO As the engine hit the ground, it detached and made the pod go kaboom. If you can explain me what happened :P...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.