[1.0] Enhanced Navball 1.3

kitoban

I'm getting the same.
Still not working for me. As previous post ghosting follows your vector.

Are you guys using CKAN to install ENB? CKAN just pushed a fix for CKAN installing old incompatible versions and calling them the current version, i.e may have been installing the old version of ENB that isn't compatible with .90. Try a manual install of ENB and see if that fixes it.

I'm not quite sure about this, but the problem of "all indicators sticking to heading pointer" solved itself by upgrading the tracking station from lvl1 to lvl2 (markers returned to normal after this, noticed in one playthrough).

Are you guys using CKAN to install ENB? CKAN just pushed a fix for CKAN installing old incompatible versions and calling them the current version, i.e may have been installing the old version of ENB that isn't compatible with .90. Try a manual install of ENB and see if that fixes it.

All my installs are manual. Are you actually saying that it is working for you and you are not having this problem.

Will try upgrading tracking station as Ald says that worked.

Edited by BeafSalad

I'm not quite sure about this, but the problem of "all indicators sticking to heading pointer" solved itself by upgrading the tracking station from lvl1 to lvl2 (markers returned to normal after this, noticed in one playthrough).

I can confirm this works. Once you upgrade the tracking station to level 2 the markers stop following the heading pointer.

Thanks for the extra information, I hadn't tested this in career as was unaware that the tracking station changed the navball setup

I take it this is what you are seeing:

NLzxMl6.jpg

I'll take a look into putting a fix together. Will keep you all posted.

Shouldn't that fix itself when you open up the ability to create maneuver nodes (upgrading the facilities)? I'm not certain but I'm sure it did for me. Just trying to save you some work! :)

It does, but if you take a look in the logs the mod is currently generating a lot of errors due to manevuer nodes not being loaded in the code under early gameplay.

This should be fixed as of v1.3.5 which is now live on Curse.

Thanks all for the help finding this one :)

I am curious if you have any ideas for ways to improve the navigation markers that the fine print mod added to the Navball as part of its waypoint system. I cant think of a good way to make sure that those markers are lined up with my surface prograde vector when I am burning retrograde while landing on the Mun.

I am curious if you have any ideas for ways to improve the navigation markers that the fine print mod added to the Navball as part of its waypoint system. I cant think of a good way to make sure that those markers are lined up with my surface prograde vector when I am burning retrograde while landing on the Mun.

The obvious one that springs to mind would be a retrograde marker for this sort of situation then you would be able to align your craft so that your retrograde moves towards the mission marker similar to what you do during a docking maneuver.

I've not played around with these types of missions yet, do you have the option to turn the marker off if you are not actively working on that mission at the time?

The obvious one that springs to mind would be a retrograde marker for this sort of situation then you would be able to align your craft so that your retrograde moves towards the mission marker similar to what you do during a docking maneuver.

I've not played around with these types of missions yet, do you have the option to turn the marker off if you are not actively working on that mission at the time?

Yes, when you accept the type of contract that has these markers, there will be these things in the map view that when you select them you get the option "Activate Navigation" which is what adds the actual marker to the Navball.

A retrograde marker to supplement the navigation markers from FinePrint would be awesome!

It does, but if you take a look in the logs the mod is currently generating a lot of errors due to manevuer nodes not being loaded in the code under early gameplay.

This should be fixed as of v1.3.5 which is now live on Curse.

Thanks all for the help finding this one :)

Could you please update the download link on the main page.

... A retrograde marker to supplement the navigation markers from FinePrint would be awesome!

After having spent some time and a couple of quickloads getting to a marker on Minmus, I second this idea. It's a royal pain in the <expletive> having to constantly spin your lander around to check where the <string of expletives> node is while flying around at 50m. Plus, the Kerbals get dizzy and motion sick. And no one wants to throw up inside a space suit helmet. Trust me!

Seeking Source for 1.3.5! Last version checked in Github is 1.3.1. Has the repository been moved?

I would like to build a 64bit version for myself.

Thanks in advance

Updates were on my local github, I'd forgotten to sync it, they are up now.

Will have to have a dig around for the fineprint marker object so I can gen the retro, shouldn't be too tricky to do.

• 4 weeks later...
Enhanced NavBall seems to be throwing a lot of exceptions (RunCalculations and LateUpdate). Around 24 throws per second according to the ExceptionDetector mod

Look back a couple pages or so. This is a know thing and is fixed in the latest version, 1.3.5. This has to do with the mod relying on some data being available that is not available in early career until patched conics is unlocked. This new version is not on CKAN yet as far as I know.

kitoban, you think could be possible and useful to change the appearance of the G scale on the right side of the Navball?

I've always wondered why the scale goes down to -5G, as KSP only shows absolute (positive) G values (as could be the scalar value of the acceleration vector, independent of direction).

IMHO, would be much more useful if the lower part could show an enlarged scale for low G values, and better if the whole G scale was logarithmic (so spacing would be greater for lower G values than for higher ones), so reading low Gs would become more accurate. Below a mock-up showing a log G scale close to the stock linear scale on the navball.

Mkd5yLb.png

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.