[1.0] Enhanced Navball 1.3

kitoban

On 4.4.2016 at 7:04 PM, jofwu said:

I also want to see this one keep living! Can't stand having the navball in the middle of the screen.

On 31.3.2016 at 9:58 PM, ZobrAA said:

Please update to 1.1!

Since it has been ages @kitoban has updated this or replied to this. Has anyone considered to taking it over?

13 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

It apparently relies on Blizzy's Toolbar, so even if it does work, there's no in-game way to access it yet.

I've used it successfully in 1.0.x without having Toolbar installed, it makes its own icon up by the MET display. Haven't tried it (or any other mod) in 1.1 though.

1 hour ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I've used it successfully in 1.0.x without having Toolbar installed, it makes its own icon up by the MET display. Haven't tried it (or any other mod) in 1.1 though.

Okay then it just doesn't work in 1.1. I've got it installed and there is no icon anywhere that I see.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Look at this mod:  

Seems to do what this does, so I probably won't do anything

@linuxgurugamer It also allows you to move the navball around the UI (left to right on the bottom of the screen).  That, moreso than the scaling, was what I personally used this mod for; that and the ghosted nodes that were made available before SQUAD added the extra nodes to the navball.

Just now, Ignath said:

@linuxgurugamer It also allows you to move the navball around the UI (left to right on the bottom of the screen).  That, moreso than the scaling, was what I personally used this mod for; that and the ghosted nodes that were made available before SQUAD added the extra nodes to the navball.

I know, and have asked Sarbian about it, waiting for a reply

Also wanted to chime in... Sliding the ball left or right is the most important aspect of this mod to me. If MakeItSmall adds the feature, that works for me! But I'm really hoping *somebody* makes it happen in 1.1. :)

12 hours ago, jofwu said:

Also wanted to chime in... Sliding the ball left or right is the most important aspect of this mod to me. If MakeItSmall adds the feature, that works for me! But I'm really hoping *somebody* makes it happen in 1.1. :)

I as well use this mod to slide the navball off to the side.   someone please take up the mod and get it working in 1.1

On 4/7/2016 at 6:11 AM, 5thHorseman said:

It apparently relies on Blizzy's Toolbar, so even if it does work, there's no in-game way to access it yet.

Yeah! I thought this updating CKAN today and blizzy has released toolbar for 1.1 installed and working a treat. Great work!

I hope one of you guys take this one on as moving the navball helps sooooo much.

I actually use a large one and fly a lot off the navball, moving it along with the ghost indicators are an awsome part of this mod. Don't realise how much you miss something until it aint there.

Would love to take the mod on myself but I have not the skillz....  :-(

Still early days for 1.1 so we can't expect all the mods to be update ASAP.

On 2016-04-20 at 9:53 PM, mak10z said:

I as well use this mod to slide the navball off to the side.   someone please take up the mod and get it working in 1.1

sarbian's mod MakeItSmall, used to independently rescale parts of the flight UI, in its lastest release 1.2.0.0 now also provides sliding the navball off to the side.

18 hours ago, Jacke said:

sarbian's mod MakeItSmall, used to independently rescale parts of the flight UI, in its lastest release 1.2.0.0 now also provides sliding the navball off to the side.

thanks much,  good to know you can move it with that mod.   I'll check it out. 

Because there is in 1.1.2 UI settings, even for sliding, will someone update it to 1.1.x version or not? Just curious.... The ghosted icons of navball was useful....

Edited by Toonu

@linuxgurugamer So, MakeItSmall is now stock, but yeah, Enhanced Navball still has features not covered in MakeItSmall or stock...

So do you think its worth keeping this mod going?

What about adding texture replacement for the navball, to it?

xEvilReeperx doesnt seem interested in updating this, which seems pretty popular:

Edited by Stone Blue

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

@linuxgurugamer So, MakeItSmall is now stock, but yeah, Enhanced Navball still has features not covered in MakeItSmall or stock...

So do you think its worth keeping this mod going?

What about adding texture replacement for the navball, to it?

xEvilReeperx doesnt seem interested in updating this, which seems pretty popular:

Given the new stock functionality, I don't see the need to keep this mod going.

My plate is full right now, but if I get some time (unlikely) I'll take a look at the High Contract nav Ball

Regardless, This has been a great mod.  Well conceived and well delivered.

Credit due to all the modders that contributed this this. Well Done!

The fact that the Devs noticed and finally incorporated some of these concepts is a good thing.

Edited by Wallygator

I looked into the code and most of the references were fairly easy to update.  However there are references to a Vector3d object which no longer exists, and my unfamiliarity with Unity has me scratching my head as to what has replaced it.

Does Ghosting mean I'd be able to follow a burn 45 degrees between let's say prograde and normal? With less amount of work than using a flight computer? (watched the video and still clueless)

1 hour ago, lude said:

Does Ghosting mean I'd be able to follow a burn 45 degrees between let's say prograde and normal? With less amount of work than using a flight computer? (watched the video and still clueless)

Ghosting displays the nodes that are "behind" the navball.  They appear on the navball but are "ghosted" (more faded than the nodes that are not "behind" the navball) out.  It makes things much easier to see exactly where your nodes are and where they are moving while you burn.  It may make it easier for you to follow a 45 degree burn between pro and normal, as it makes it easier to see where nodes are if they're not on the visible face of the navball.

19 hours ago, SteveD80 said:

@Alshain check the source for:

as well as the original 1.0.x version.

I'm not sure what you are saying.  The issue is a difference in Unity 4 and Unity 5 objects.  One that @kitoban used is no longer present and I'm afraid I couldn't find a replacement, but again, I'm not that familiar with Unity or KSP mod development.  Maybe if someone more experienced were to take a look, they could figure it out.

Edit: Actually I may have figured it out, it was a KSP adaptation, not Unity.  Unfortunately I can't seem to figure out where it is defined and Visual Studio is not being any help at all.

Edit 2: Found it! It got moved to another dll.  I'm still trying, no promises.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.