[1.0] Enhanced Navball 1.3

kitoban

4 hours ago, Alshain said:

I'm not sure what you are saying.  The issue is a difference in Unity 4 and Unity 5 objects.  One that @kitoban used is no longer present and I'm afraid I couldn't find a replacement, but again, I'm not that familiar with Unity or KSP mod development.  Maybe if someone more experienced were to take a look, they could figure it out.

Edit: Actually I may have figured it out, it was a KSP adaptation, not Unity.  Unfortunately I can't seem to figure out where it is defined and Visual Studio is not being any help at all.

Edit 2: Found it! It got moved to another dll.  I'm still trying, no promises.

I attempted to do for that mod what you are doing for this and I remember seeing that type somewhere in the code.  My liquid-poor coding ability precluded me from finishing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2016 at 5:13 PM, Alshain said:

I'm not sure what you are saying.  The issue is a difference in Unity 4 and Unity 5 objects.  One that @kitoban used is no longer present and I'm afraid I couldn't find a replacement, but again, I'm not that familiar with Unity or KSP mod development.  Maybe if someone more experienced were to take a look, they could figure it out.

Edit: Actually I may have figured it out, it was a KSP adaptation, not Unity.  Unfortunately I can't seem to figure out where it is defined and Visual Studio is not being any help at all.

Edit 2: Found it! It got moved to another dll.  I'm still trying, no promises.

Good luck!

I do hope you can figure it out, this is a very handy little mod!! I always forget I use it in every install, until I don't have it!!!

• 2 months later...

okay if I cannot get the nav ball over to the left I am going to take a bat and bash the hell out of my monitor!!!

Does the old version of this work with 1.1.3?  Or did they add the ability to move the navball into stock?  If so I cannot find a way to siaze or move the it!!

Edited by ctbram

9 minutes ago, ctbram said:

okay if I cannot get the nav ball over to the left I am going to take a bat and bash the hell out of my monitor!!!

Does the old version of this work with 1.1.3?  Or did they add the ability to move the navball into stock?  If so I cannot find a way to siaze or move the it!!

Yes, there are a BUNCH of GUI options they added to 1.1.3...One of them being to slide the Navball to the left...

You have to be in the flight screen...hit "esc", then "Settings"... Scroll down past "Gameplay", and you will see "UI", and then "Flight UI Elements"... THATS the section you want...

• 4 months later...

I have a request for future versions.    Some of us Kerbinauts have a hard time seeing some of the orbit (technically, I think, VECTOR) lines related to the Maneuver Node.  I'd LOVE to see these adjustable as the navball icons are (for which I offer up my first born in thanks - there was no way on God's little green earth I could see the pink icons)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3.6.2017 at 1:03 AM, Nansuchao said:

Does it still works in 1.3?

Well, does it? :wink:

And another question: Does this - or any other mod - also enhance the resolution of the navball? As much as I want the navball to be bigger, I also want the markings to be (with good contrast that is) less "bludgy" and the ship marker in the middle to be "finer", to better tell if I am spot on or just off a marker.

On 3/6/2017 at 1:24 AM, Errol said:

Give it a try and let us know.

2 hours ago, KerbMav said:

Well, does it? :wink:

I'm still in 1.2.2, so i have no idea yet.

2 hours ago, KerbMav said:

And another question: Does this - or any other mod - also enhance the resolution of the navball? As much as I want the navball to be bigger, I also want the markings to be (with good contrast that is) less "bludgy" and the ship marker in the middle to be "finer", to better tell if I am spot on or just off a marker.

Once upon a time Texture Replacer used to change the NavBall texture with custom ones, but it doesn't work anymore.

It's still possible to change it however. If you find a better texture, you can manually change it in the SQUAD folder.

On 7/14/2017 at 7:54 AM, KerbMav said:

the TextureReplacerReplaced thread has had some navball texturing conversation recently - I only skimmed the last few posts but I did see people talking about it

3 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

the TextureReplacerReplaced thread has had some navball texturing conversation recently - I only skimmed the last few posts but I did see people talking about it

Yup, last time I read there they had trouble for it not working anymore. :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.