[1.0] Enhanced Navball 1.3

kitoban

navball skins were generally done via NavballTextureExport : https://bitbucket.org/xEvilReeperx/ksp_navballtexturechanger/downloads (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/69540-Making-high-contrast-nav-ball!?p=969741&viewfull=1#post969741) no update for 1.0 yet, may or may not work (haven't gotten around to testing it myself yet)

Ok, I was just about to ask if it is still compatible ... and then I have read it is and a updated (recompiled) version is coming.

Thank you so much for this mod. (and I hope the new one is coming soon)

Btw. have you ever considered to make it CKAN compatible?

Btw. have you ever considered to make it CKAN compatible?

Pretty sure this is already on CKAN, it just needs to be updated to 1.0 to show up for a 1.0 install (or be marked as compatible in the .netkan file).

Pretty sure this is already on CKAN, it just needs to be updated to 1.0 to show up for a 1.0 install (or be marked as compatible in the .netkan file).

Yeah, sorry. I just recently started to use that and was too stupid to use it right.

and I really need kitobans navball ... I always make the navball bigger .. and the nodes are better, too.

Please consider adding the following features:

1. add ability to change the hudnavball and ivanavball jpgs. I see no reason to have a separate mod for this and besiade the guy refuses to move that mod to it's own mod thread or even update it for that matter so currently I am forced to use texturereplacer

2. THIS IS THE REALLY IMPORTANT ONE TO ME ... Add the ability to set my own custom colors for the DAMN markers - target prograde and retrograde, node, prograde and retrograde, normal and anti-normal, radial and anti-radial.

I and many others are color blind. I am red/green color blind and although I have customized the hudnavbal using texture replacer I cannot see the GD blue node marker. I mean it's nearly invisible. I get a fricking raging headache trying to find and navigate to the damn thing as I have to get 1/2 inch from my monitor to see the GD blue node marker!!!! I'd like to make it bright safety orange like navyfishes docking alignment indicator where anything that is orange represents target relative.

Edited by ctbram

1. add ability to change the hudnavball and ivanavball jpgs. I see no reason to have a separate mod for this and besiade the guy refuses to move that mod to it's own mod thread or even update it for that matter so currently I am forced to use texturereplacer

Hi, I mentioned in the other thread to let me know if TextureReplacer wasn't good enough. Keep in mind, we do this on our free time and I have currently 37 personal mod projects, most unreleased, to manage in addition to regular not-ksp-modding things so I have to budget my time.

It was never released as its own mod because it has been forever planned as a feature of EnhancedNavball

Hi, I mentioned in the other thread to let me know if TextureReplacer wasn't good enough. Keep in mind, we do this on our free time and I have currently 37 personal mod projects, most unreleased, to manage in addition to regular not-ksp-modding things so I have to budget my time.

It was never released as its own mod because it has been forever planned as a feature of EnhancedNavball

TextureReplacer is fine for replacing the hud and iva navball textures as I use it for other things so I would not be using it for this feature alone. However, what I really need is the ability to change the marker colors. There is a reddit thread and several other threads regarding the navball markers not being colorblind friendly. Imagine trying to navigate and you literally have to sick your face 1/2 from you monitor to just barely see the node marker. That is what I have to do because no matter what navball colors I use the blue node marker is invisible to me. The target (magenta) markers are also nearly impossible to see on the default navball texture. I have found a texture that helps with those but to be honest having the ability to set my own colors would be the best option. There are different kinds of color blindness so there is no one color fits all solution this is why allowing users to choose their own custome marker colors is the best solution.

Please consider adding the following features:

I was going to say, did you even bother to ASK or contact xEvilx about making an actual release thread for it?...Also, there is a valid link and explanation of the mod posted...Just because it doesnt have an "official" forum release thread doesnt make a mod any less useable or functional...So I dont see how you are "forced" to not use it...

Also, have you looked at and considered the NavHud mod?...While the colors may be the same, at least they would be larger...???...And maybe it is possible to change the colors on THAT mod??

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81543

I was going to say, did you even bother to ASK or contact xEvilx about making an actual release thread for it?...Also, there is a valid link and explanation of the mod posted...Just because it doesnt have an "official" forum release thread doesnt make a mod any less useable or functional...So I dont see how you are "forced" to not use it...

Also, have you looked at and considered the NavHud mod?...While the colors may be the same, at least they would be larger...???...And maybe it is possible to change the colors on THAT mod??

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81543

Yes I did ask for the link to the mod to be in its own thread twice in fact.

And no I do not agree that just because there is a link burried in the middle of several pages of posts that it's easy to find the latest version. You have to scrub through all the posts and hope you don't miss one to get the latest version. That is the entire point of having a dedicated thread so updates can be kept in the first link and users do not have to scrub through 100's of posts hoping to find the latest / correct version. For ther navball texture mod there were three version 1.1 to 1.3 and they are all on different pages in different posts and it's very easy to miss any of them.

By forced to use I meant that the dedicated navballhud texture replacer has not nor was there any indication that it was going to be updated to 1.0 and since the thread it's in is not about that mod it's very difficult to know when or if it did get updated.

I have navhud but to be honest I do not really care for it. I have the same issue with the markers on it. Actually the color blindness is even worse with navhud because the markers are displayed on top of all the possible screen backgrounds.

Edited by ctbram

navball skins were generally done via NavballTextureExport : https://bitbucket.org/xEvilReeperx/ksp_navballtexturechanger/downloads (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/69540-Making-high-contrast-nav-ball!?p=969741&viewfull=1#post969741) no update for 1.0 yet, may or may not work (haven't gotten around to testing it myself yet)

Works on newest, also enhanced navball works.

Yes I did ask for the link to the mod to be in its own thread twice in fact.

And no I do not agree that just because there is a link burried in the middle of several pages of posts that it's easy to find the latest version. You have to scrub through all the posts and hope you don't miss one to get the latest version. That is the entire point of having a dedicated thread so updates can be kept in the first link and users do not have to scrub through 100's of posts hoping to find the latest / correct version. For ther navball texture mod there were three version 1.1 to 1.3 and they are all on different pages in different posts and it's very easy to miss any of them.

By forced to use I meant that the dedicated navballhud texture replacer has not nor was there any indication that it was going to be updated to 1.0 and since the thread it's in is not about that mod it's very difficult to know when or if it did get updated.

I have navhud but to be honest I do not really care for it. I have the same issue with the markers on it. Actually the color blindness is even worse with navhud because the markers are displayed on top of all the possible screen backgrounds.

Have you looked in the settings config?

It appears to generate a config file with colors you can set for the markers.

https://github.com/kitoban/EnhancedNavBall/blob/master/EnhancedNavBall/Config/NavballSettings.cs

UNless I need more coffee.

Have you looked in the settings config?

It appears to generate a config file with colors you can set for the markers.

https://github.com/kitoban/EnhancedNavBall/blob/master/EnhancedNavBall/Config/NavballSettings.cs

UNless I need more coffee.

Thx WFP. I will have to look at modifying the cs file and recompiling once a proper 1.0.x version of ENB is released. Although on inspection I did not see a color option for the node marker. But I just glanced at the file. I might attempt to make those color variables to be read from a external .cfg file. This way they can be changed without re-compiling.

Hi

I just want to report, that i can see my engines exhaust in the navball it like it is 40 % transparent but only for engine exhaust and the 5m rcs wheel. Its not a big issue just a cosmetical one :-)

So you mean i can download it from op page and it will work in 1.0.2?

Yes, I too have been waiting for a 1.0.2 release. Are you saying the 0.90 release works with 1.0.2?

• 3 weeks later...
Hello. Have anyone heard from the Author of this plugin? It would be great with CKAN support

It only needs a version change on Ckan as it works fine with 1.0.2. Perhaps anyone from Ckan could do that?! Otherwise, just install it manually, chances are its not going to be updated anyways.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.