"Sunshine" movie style Deployable Light Globe (updated 25/10/2013)

alexustas

please, post some screenshot of the part. and look in Debug monitor.

and you may try restart game with this cfg (w/o KAS and part welding) just to be sure:

PART

{
name = Deployable_Light-01
module = Part
author = Alex

mesh = model.mu
scale = 4
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---
Up Y, Up Z, size

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.12, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_attach = 0.0, -0.082, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

// --- editor parameters ---
cost = 100
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = Deployable Light Globe
manufacturer = Alex Space Equipment & Technology
description = Usefull for big stations or bases. Battery included. Warranty - 1 year.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 1,1,0,1,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.1
dragModelType = default
minimum_Drag = 0.01
maximum_Drag = 0.01
angularDrag = 0.01
crashTolerance = 20
maxTemp = 1600

MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand
minimumCrew = 0

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.00001
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleLight
lightName = Point light
useAnimationDim = true
lightBrightenSpeed = .5
lightDimSpeed = 0.2
resourceAmount = 0.002
animationName = DeployableLight-10
useResources = true
}

RESOURCE

{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = 100
maxAmount = 100
}

}

Hi there,

Nice looking mod! This saves us from building unwieldy lighting mounts. However, I want to bring a few issues to your attention:

• Addons posted to the KSP network must be accompanied by a license. See my license selection guide for help.
  • This mod violates the KAS license. You are allowed to distribute parts using KASModuleGrab, but use of KASModuleWinch is restricted. Additionally, your part references a KAS model, which is forbidden by the license. This isn't a takedown notice (KospY is the owner of KAS) but you should be aware that the forum moderators often enforce licenses proactively, and your mod could be removed. I advise you contact KospY, show him your part and ask if you can have permission to distribute it.

Cheers,

Majiir

I seem to be unable to place it on a surface....

Also, I found a mistake in the CFG:

This

MODEL

{

model=DeployableLight-01/model

position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0

scale = 0.6, 0.6, 0.6

rotation = 0, 0, 0

}

Needs to be

MODEL

{

model=Light/DeployableLight-01/model

position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0

scale = 0.6, 0.6, 0.6

rotation = 0, 0, 0

}

Hi there,

Nice looking mod! This saves us from building unwieldy lighting mounts. However, I want to bring a few issues to your attention:

• Addons posted to the KSP network must be accompanied by a license. See my license selection guide for help.
  • This mod violates the KAS license. You are allowed to distribute parts using KASModuleGrab, but use of KASModuleWinch is restricted. Additionally, your part references a KAS model, which is forbidden by the license. This isn't a takedown notice (KospY is the owner of KAS) but you should be aware that the forum moderators often enforce licenses proactively, and your mod could be removed. I advise you contact KospY, show him your part and ask if you can have permission to distribute it.

Cheers,

Majiir

I have send request to Kospy, and I expect an answer from him

It's maybe better to remove link until Kospy's did not answer?

I seem to be unable to place it on a surface....

Yes, "attach" command is disabled for surface attaching. because in this case parts are not saved. It's only "drop" action working properly

Needs to be

MODEL

{

model=Light/DeployableLight-01/model

position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0

scale = 0.6, 0.6, 0.6

rotation = 0, 0, 0

}

in update 01.3 it's fixed

Sad, That's was a cool thing, what do you plan to "fix" that?

Yes. I think it's more logical, when the wire is attached to the lamp and not on the wall :)

Mr. KospY (the author of KAS mod) wrote:

Anyway, I strongly advise you to use the port module instead of the winch module for connecting your light. Port module are pretty simple to set

Moreover, I'm sure that it will more easy to fit a port in your deployable light design.

I'm going to remove a Winch and bring back Connector port, like in the previous version of my 'Light Globe'. And 'Winch' part must be mounted somewhere on the Vessel.

Or, maybe, too use a pipe connection instead of the winch and cable...

Or, maybe, too use a pipe connection instead of the winch and cable...

Pipe will be better. Otherwise, there is a higher chance the light will fall through the ground and be destroyed.

Also, I think you should enable 'attach to ground' and 'attach to static' on the light, that will also make it less likely to break.

Also, I think you should enable 'attach to ground' and 'attach to static' on the light, that will also make it less likely to break.

But in this case part are not saved and disappear after re-loading (( only 'drop' work correctly, at least in my tests on Kerbin

And it's not only the problem of my device, stock parts, like solar panels and batteries, also disappear

The licensing issues have been settled, thanks to KospY's quick reaction and Mihara's help, now I can continue working. A new version, compliant with KAS license terms and using 'KASModulePort' instead of a winch model, will be uploaded very soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.