What Technology Are You Waiting For?

Altair1371

Guest GroundHOG-2010

nah, non of those things. What about genetically changing your DNA so you could become anything, from a wolf to a dragon, and anything in between. Hover boards would be impossible on anything except magnets.

nah, non of those things. What about genetically changing your DNA so you could become anything, from a wolf to a dragon, and anything in between. Hover boards would be impossible on anything except magnets.

Then we will make the roads MAGNETS!

Super Solid condensation anyone?

Completely immersive virtual reality. Matrix anyone?

1. Get off the computer

2. Eat pancakes for an hour

3. Skydive 10 times

4. Warp to the Andromeda galaxy to find life before lunch

5. 0-G food catching game with friends for lunch

6. Not saying, but you know you want to

7. Become a pony for a few hours

8. While being a pony I\'ll kick some ass in a dogfight with Rainbow Dash as my wingpony

9. Witness a nuclear explosion

10. Macaroni with pickles and ice cream (with gold leaf sprinkles)

11. Witness the extinction of the dinosaurs from 1st person view.

12. Play KSP all night

13. Get off the computer...

Optional extension of the human lifespan by (at least a fraction of) an order of magnitude, and mind transfer. Not mind copying and disposal of the original. Transfer. I prefer not to die, after all. I would one day like to be able to ride a starwisp to faraway worlds, or perhaps, as Groundhog mentioned, to inhabit a different sort of biological body. And I would like to be able to live long enough to see that happen while I\'m in a state of physical youth, because I don\'t think travel to other worlds or other biological bodies is going to happen any time soon on a scale large enough for most people to be able to partake of, Singularitarian ideals notwithstanding.

Optional extension of the human lifespan by (at least a fraction of) an order of magnitude, and mind transfer. Not mind copying and disposal of the original. Transfer. I prefer not to die, after all. I would one day like to be able to ride a starwisp to faraway worlds, or perhaps, as Groundhog mentioned, to inhabit a different sort of biological body. And I would like to be able to live long enough to see that happen while I\'m in a state of physical youth, because I don\'t think travel to other worlds or other biological bodies is going to happen any time soon on a scale large enough for most people to be able to partake of, Singularitarian ideals notwithstanding.

Accelerando meet... DECELLORANDO!

But I want my back mounter glider now.

Say whatever technology you want to see in the future.

For me, I would say a printer that uses protons, neutrons, and electrons to build nearly everything. That way, you could order pizza and have it printed in minutes!

You can just say 'replicator', you know. ;)

The Singularity is coming, man. It\'s coming.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Affordable Space Travel

Possible in 50-60 years.

Fusion Reactors

Already have those. They are building a new one in russia.

Completely immersive virtual reality. Matrix anyone?

1. Get off the computer

2. Eat pancakes for an hour

3. Skydive 10 times

4. Warp to the Andromeda galaxy to find life before lunch

5. 0-G food catching game with friends for lunch

6. Not saying, but you know you want to

7. Become a pony for a few hours

8. While being a pony I\'ll kick some ass in a dogfight with Rainbow Dash as my wingpony

9. Witness a nuclear explosion

10. Macaroni with pickles and ice cream (with gold leaf sprinkles)

11. Witness the extinction of the dinosaurs from 1st person view.

12. Play KSP all night

13. Get off the computer...

Why don\'t you just die now. If we begin to migrate into a computer, who is making the power, having sex to create more people and making food. It would be a horrible existence. Its time for you to wake up.

That said I would also like neural computer networks. IE the brain of one human can litually tell everyone what they want without saying a word. Also useful for linking 1-3 other bodies onto one person or brain.

Have and are building several. But none have yet managed useful energy output, and at most one or two have managed anything that can be considered sustained.

I\'m going to go with Nova, though useful fusion would be nice too.

Guest ThatCrazyPilot

Possible in 50-60 years.

Why don\'t you just die now. If we begin to migrate into a computer, who is making the power, having sex to create more people and making food. It would be a horrible existence. Its time for you to wake up.

That said I would also like neural computer networks. IE the brain of one human can litually tell everyone what they want without saying a word. Also useful for linking 1-3 other bodies onto one person or brain.

We already have those, we call them 'politicians'...

Guest GroundHOG-2010

We would become the borg

That making us better. Not worse. By the way I have never see star trek, my friend has and talks alot about the borg.

Isn\'t windows 8 going to suck for PCs since it\'s made for mobiles? At least that\'s what I\'ve heard.

All it is is a bunch of fancy bullshit tacked onto it. It LOOKS like it was made for mobiles, but the changes besides the stupid visuals are like, ribbon enabled for nearly everything.

And I DESPISE ribbon.

They\'re just trying to compete with apple\'s minimalism, and made windows look like a phone OS. Nice fucking job, microsoft. I\'ll skip this one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.