What Technology Are You Waiting For?

Altair1371

Ah, but I want one that can print out just about any material-- plastics, ceramics, metals (possibly fabrics), is accurate down to nanometers, and can produce nearly any complex toy, robot, or tool ready to go, like you had bought it from Home Depot.

It also has to get its materials from a standardized cartridge, like an inkjet printer, and be affordable to most people, probably costing no more than 5,000 USD.

Not to mention the many designer colors or patterns that it should come in.

Guest ThatCrazyPilot

Ah, but I want one that can print out just about any material-- plastics, ceramics, metals (possibly fabrics), is accurate down to nanometers, and can produce nearly any complex toy, robot, or tool ready to go, like you had bought it from Home Depot.

It also has to get its materials from a standardized cartridge, like an inkjet printer, and be affordable to most people, probably costing no more than 5,000 USD.

Not to mention the many designer colors or patterns that it should come in.

That will only be affordable by factions that are ran by government, like NASA. Should cost about ~$50bil. Don\'t know, it is possible to make it so precise though.

There\'s a big flaw, actually. Let\'s say you do travel to the future. Now you\'re in the future, with all the technology you want. So why would you go back to the backwater, primitive past? I\'d say if we did something like that, the guy in the time machine would just go 'so long, suckers' and we\'d never see him again.

'What we should do is focus all our efforts on creating a time machine to travel to the future and get all the technology we want.

It\'s flawless!'

Hey , everyone! Let us all go to the future so we can go see new tech!

Where are all the people making new tech?

Also, @Sordid, What if that person did it, brang back the stuff, went again and brang back the new stuff , then looped for infinte awesomeness.

Guest ThatCrazyPilot

There\'s a big flaw, actually. Let\'s say you do travel to the future. Now you\'re in the future, with all the technology you want. So why would you go back to the backwater, primitive past? I\'d say if we did something like that, the guy in the time machine would just go 'so long, suckers' and we\'d never see him again.

Good point.

Delorean-Time-Machine-550x340.jpg

BRB, Ima go do that.

Guest ThatCrazyPilot

Yeah, just make sure you build it into a car that can actually get to the required 88 mph without having to replace the stock engine with a Porsche one. ;P

I just got back, 2015 sucks - it has no flying cars or hoverboards :\'(

bttf4affich.jpg

Well, we\'d see him eventually. It\'d just take us a lot longer :u

Guest GroundHOG-2010

^not even close.

A good OS, a reasonable code for the OS, Flash, Java, Proper Games, Less game developers, Cheaper,

a better looking os, no itunes, and no stupid I and apple on anything. So android or windows phone 7.

Transhumanism.

We think of transhumanism as the kind of stuff you see in the Deus Ex series, but the concept has been around ever since Thag the caveman picked up a rock and realized he could hit his brother Thog a lot harder with his enhanced fist.

The capability to punch people over broadband through my monitor as if it was a portal with force adjusted proportional to the connection.

Beatings proportional to various benchmark specs for broadband, ergo damage would be similar to:

v.92/Satellite Internet: A poke

Basic DSL: A small child\'s punch

Local Cellnet Carrier: A small child wailing on their parents

Inferior Cable/Fiber packages + High speed DSL: Teenager punching you

Mid Tier Cable/Fiber packages: An average person punching you

T1/High end Cable & Fiber: An amateur boxer socking you real good

T3: A professional MMA practitioner giving you a gutshot that causes you to experience a Houdini Experience.

100/100 fiber, 40GBe, server tier options: 'Target is vaporized into a bloody pulp.'

I would like to see this 'technology' further refined to allow me to choke the target over the monitor. Proportional to the connection as well.

I await for scientists to perfect the genome mapping technology.

If succesfull, it can predict any genetical disease (including cancer) and become standardized by birth.

Doing something like that not only allows for prevention, but also saves money if it is made cost efficient.

On the other hand, a guy commited suicide after being told he would inevitable develop a severe brain disease.

The capability to punch people over broadband through my monitor as if it was a portal with force adjusted proportional to the connection.

Beatings proportional to various benchmark specs for broadband, ergo damage would be similar to:

v.92/Satellite Internet: A poke

Basic DSL: A small child\'s punch

Local Cellnet Carrier: A small child wailing on their parents

Inferior Cable/Fiber packages + High speed DSL: Teenager punching you

Mid Tier Cable/Fiber packages: An average person punching you

T1/High end Cable & Fiber: An amateur boxer socking you real good

T3: A professional MMA practitioner giving you a gutshot that causes you to experience a Houdini Experience.

100/100 fiber, 40GBe, server tier options: 'Target is vaporized into a bloody pulp.'

I would like to see this 'technology' further refined to allow me to choke the target over the monitor. Proportional to the connection as well.

No. Nova will become intolerable.

What we should do is focus all our efforts on creating a time machine to travel to the future and get all the technology we want.

It\'s flawless!

2005-06-08-the_tomorrow_man.jpgCourtesy Dresden Codak

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.