Serial Multiplayer Space Program [0.22+Kethane+KAS]

Mission #024 Complete!

Bob Kerman's Been Drinkin Again. Should have looked over the station in the sunlight then the landing gear on the main kethane tank would have clicked in my brain. But I managed to bring her down without loosing any peices just to realized that after a 2 hour descent... there was no kethane, so I used the last fuel to get up the ridge a ways....100% refueled.

2NIYWoVh.png

Points breakdown(these may change in the future). Each is only counted once per mission (e.g. ten flags is still 10 points).

10 - Completed within six hours
[Yes]

10 - Plant at least one unique flag
[Yes]

10 - Complete an objective
[Yes]

10 - Posting a new objective
[Yes]

15 - Posting a couple pictures or a video of your mission (double points for videos)
[Yes]

15 - Deploying an asset into orbit (scanner/miner/station/tug/etc.)
[No]

30 - Following all five rules

[Yes]

Previous mission objectives:

1) Turn the "Joyride" so, the "KE Miner" landing gear can be release.

2) Bring "WackelKopf Base" down to surface of Minmus, land on Kethane rich location.

3) No detachment of any part of the "WackelKopf Base" while perform descend to Minmus, and remain in 1 piece after land on Minmus surface, and start filling up the Kethane.

New Mission Objectives:

1) Fix Bob Kerman's Sideways Station Landing with a New Lift Vehicle from Kerbin

2) Return "WackelKopf Base" to Minmus Orbit

Screenies From the Bob's Late Night Landing...

Edited by qreepii

Yah I know, I didn't notice the Radial Engines on the "bottom" in your picture so my landing was an RCS balancing act between the 2 LV909s and the Rocko 48. But loooking it over in the daylight it would have been much easier to land with the radials.

Yah I know, I didn't notice the Radial Engines on the "bottom" in your picture so my landing was an RCS balancing act between the 2 LV909s and the Rocko 48. But loooking it over in the daylight it would have been much easier to land with the radials.

Great...now how are you suppose to mine Kethane with that position?

Mission #23 Complete!

Video of my completed mission.

[table=width: 700, class: outer_border, align: center]

[tr]

[td]screenshot1-2.png[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

The mission was easy but i was amused by how qreepii landed the station. Luckily there was an engine on that MK-1 capsule so i could right myself to fire my engines getting into orbit.

I've uploaded the save file to the Official shared folder, Upload your finished archive to the folder

Points claimed: 
10 - Completed within six hours
10 - Complete an objective
10 - Posting a new objective
15(30) - Posting a video of your mission (double points for videos)
15 - Deploying an asset into orbit (scanner/miner/station/tug/etc.) (i did technically put an asset into orbit)
30 - Following all five rules
15 - Time bonus completed within an hour

New mission objective:

As we have the Moho transfer stage in orbit

Build a lander capable of landing on Moho and refueling the transfer stage.

The lander must use a SR docking port to connect to the Moho transfer stage.

The lander must weigh <= 20 tons

Must be manned.

Edited by Actzoltan
Added challenge mission. Fixed points claimed

Mission #026 Complete!

5LuDGiil.png

Launched mining equipment, and docked with the Moho tug. Due to the low mass limit of 20T, I've opted for a slightly different approach than usual: the miner will use the engines from the transfer vehicle itself to bring the fuel into orbit! By my calculations, it can bring up about 8T of fuel without a problem (with just the engine module and the drill module), so I've included a fuel tank module of that size. The drill module has an Aerospike to assist in takeoff/landing due to the fairly low TWR of the nukes. There is also an ion-powered tug for the kethane scanner.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I've uploaded the save file to the Official shared folder, Upload your finished archive to the folder

Points claimed: On-Time, P.Objective, N.Objective, Pictures, Asset, Rules

New mission objective: Perform the Duna ejection burn using the Charon Tug (keep it in Kerbin's SOI for now though). It is recommended to do the burn no earlier than five days before the best opportunity. It would also be good to top off the fuel reserves of the Moho transfer tug, but it can probably wait a bit yet.

Edited by ThePsuedoMonkey

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.