Kerbal Artwork

Hayoo

The idea of this mug is really innovative.

Agreed. I want one now :P

Where's Squad's marketing people when you need them?

I wonder how hard it is to model things for 3D printing...

Edited by Tw1

Agreed. I want one now :P

Where's Squad's marketing people when you need them?

I wonder how hard it is to model things for 3D printing...

The guys over on Reddit made some nice 3D models of a few of the mugs. The real problem was the cost and making it food safe. It would cost over $100 to print not including painting it, and actually making it food safe... so yeah...

Why not make Kerbin a teapot and Duna a coffepot?
Or a cookie jar!

I love the idea, but if you wanted to collect all the planets in the system it would be more expensive if they were all so large. I think mugs/cups makes it easier to collect and display them. So I picked Jool as the teapot or other large container like cookie jar, as it would scale nicely with the other planets.

That booster mug is the best thing I've seen all day.

Thanks. To be honest, of all of the mugs that one is my favorite, being the first one I made. :)

So I was curious what I could make that was available today. I created a skin of an ISS module and used Zazzle and Cafepress to wrap it around a standard mug. This was the result (about an hour's worth of work).

iss_station_module_mug_right_hayoo.jpg

iss_station_module_mug_center_hayoo.jpg

I was very disappointed that the wrap didn't go all the way to the top and bottom. This means I'd have to take that white space into account when making any "flat" design. Interestingly, Cafepress has the black mug which would work great for a shuttle but I need to find a mug service that can cover more surface area. Probably more expensive though. :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.