[Showcase] Showcase your Orbital Dry Docks

TheAstronut

I've been working on a few designs for orbital dry docks for large interplanetary ships that need to be built in-orbit and this is the best design I've come up with so far (Currently in KEO just slightly west of KSC), it's designed to be modular and expandable:

8f33799a2d4eb5e05f57b52bafefe068.png

It's designed to be expandible both up and to the sides, the modules on the ends use non-stock parts that i'm using to construct/fuel/upgrade ships that use the KSP Interstellar mod.

I'll post more screenshots as it gets bigger, in the meantime lets see YOUR orbital ship-building facilities.

Edited by TheAstronut
Thanks admins for moving this i didn't catch that i wasn't posting in this forum sorry.

It's useful to have this, makes it easier to dock the parts of the ship together, it can also hold crew if you want to have crew ready for any mission you might want to do, also it makes it very easy to replace damaged sections of ships etc. (it's essentially a scaffolding that can hold fuel and other things for refueling)

I started building a HALO (for fun, not necessarily for function) and I can't do any more work on it now. The game freezes from what I believe to be too many components. I have a bulldozer OC'd to 4.3+ depending on temp and one 7850, so I am not sure where my bottleneck is but here is the last screenshot that I could get of it before the game locked up...

afE4kMT.jpg

I used a double dock method to keep my angles co-planer. There are over 150 components per segment so this is probably 1500 components. I can try to slim it down some to increase performance.

Edited by KerbMonster
Details

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.