One small website bug

thox

On the KSP main page the dropdown menu for community gets overlapped by the youtube video below. I just thought I should mention that :wink: (btw I'm currently using Firefox 24.0 and the problem was the same in the version before)

It doesn't happen for me (Chrome, Win7). I've seen people complain about it before, though. I think it's something to do with how Firefox renders the flash embedding for the video. It's possible it could be fixed by adding a z-index parameter to the css that handles the menu, but then again it may not. I don't have access to a browser that exhibits the issue, so I can't test it.

• 5 months later...

Found a fix for this.

It's an issue that both Firefox and IE seem to have, but not Chrome.

It's surprisingly easy to fix, just add ?wmode=transparent to the youtube url.

From this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5z2-ODBw5FA"></iframe>

to this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5z2-ODBw5FA?wmode=transparent"></iframe>

Fixes both Firefox and IE, and doesn't break Chrome (from my limited testing).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.