Kerboom Super Comics

Hayoo

Yes. Each district has its own flavor and cultural focus. Most residential spaces are in the metal city-hills by the waterfront, and then highrises and skyscrapers were built on top of those. There are some suburbs out near the industrial areas, farms, and mountains. I have a map version that has each area labeled but I want to pretty it up some before I post it.

I can then do a spotlight of each district with shots of it from different angles and such, notable buildings, etc.

Yes, depending on the location and the resources nearby. New Big City, being the world capital, will have a little bit of each city flavor so that it's recognized whenever the heroes go out and visit.

Thank you I think that would make it better to see areas of the city and describe it in detail thank you :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ha ha! I can't believe I didn't see that before! How do you do it?

The Kerbal cia :)

Haha. ;)

Ha ha! I can't believe I didn't see that before! How do you do it?

I scribble ideas a lot, then pick one and create it over and over in several iterations till I get something that fits the style I wanted for the story. It can take hours, days, or weeks. For this design specifically, I looked to the SHIELD and CIA logos, the AXE Cop logo, even the secret police logo from LEGO Movie.

I scribble ideas a lot, then pick one and create it over and over in several iterations till I get something that fits the style I wanted for the story. It can take hours, days, or weeks. For this design specifically, I looked to the SHIELD and CIA logos, the AXE Cop logo, even the secret police logo from LEGO Movie.

Interesting. Thank you. Do you know what the status of comic is?

Do you know what the status of comic is?

Still building characters and locations. I'm thinking I should make a short comic to start, just an introduction to the world, using Agents of SQUAD characters that leads up to Kerboom.

Taking a break for a bit though to make some Christmas gifts!

warp_core_mugs_by_jeffmcdowalldesign-d88f8o3.png

Edited by Hayoo

For those who have asked, that warp core mug is up on redbubble since I wanted to send a few as gifts to friends.

I've decided to go ahead and start with the Agents of SQUAD comic first. It will be a small one, a dozen pages perhaps, introducing the world a bit and starting the chain of events that caused Kerm to change into Kerboom. It will be told from the perspective of Agent Maxwell, as his team goes undercover to track down mysterious objects that have appeared on Kerbin. This will be my first actual comic, so it will be pretty rough as I figure out how to do it. :) Lessons learned from this will help with the Kerbal Heroes stories to follow.

• 1 month later...

This is truly amazing. You literally summed up my exact opinion of kerbals from their attitude to their biology, to their opinions of spending/"good enough" state of mind. Amazing. Just remember that there are a few geniuses like warner-van Kerbal (or whatever his name is I'm on mobile ATM) too. Like maybe an occasional "Willy Wonka" like kerbal in there too. I greatly look forwards to this!!!

This is truly amazing. You literally summed up my exact opinion of kerbals from their attitude to their biology, to their opinions of spending/"good enough" state of mind. Amazing. Just remember that there are a few geniuses like warner-van Kerbal (or whatever his name is I'm on mobile ATM) too. Like maybe an occasional "Willy Wonka" like kerbal in there too. I greatly look forwards to this!!!

Thanks!

I like the idea of Willy Wonka type personalities for kerbals. That's a good fit. When I think of kerbal professors I also tend to think of Disney's Ludwig von Drake and Gune from Titan A.E.

• 3 weeks later...

Still building scenes/characters/objects/plots for the comics. No need to bump, there will be plenty of updates in the future once I'm into full production. :)

Currently working on the origin for Agents of SQUAD. Without spoiling too much, they are actually a LARPing Spy club. When one of the team posts an ad for their club, the Kerbal authorities (not having a spy agency of their own because they've never needed one before) think they are real and hire them for a job. Hopefully hilarity ensues.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

just wondering, is this being continued? I would really like to see a finished product. 

If it is being continued:

I think for now you should just focus on Kerboom, then once you have released a comic for that you should move on to the next superhero. Im just saying you should take this step by step instead of doing it all at once.

if it isnt being continued:

;.;;.;;.;

• 2 months later...
On 12/28/2016 at 11:12 PM, Techpig57 said:

just wondering, is this being continued? I would really like to see a finished product. 

If it is being continued:

I think for now you should just focus on Kerboom, then once you have released a comic for that you should move on to the next superhero. Im just saying you should take this step by step instead of doing it all at once.

if it isnt being continued:

;.;;.;;.;

I haven't forgotten it, but life has gotten in the way quite a bit. Over the past year I have still been sketching and thinking of story ideas, names, visuals, etc. A few months ago I finished the overall timeline doc of their origins and following events (how blutonium causes powers, how the heroes meet, how the big bad appears).

I recently posted the concept images on instagram and it has made me want to move forward on it again, especially nailing down the final character image of the superhero team. So we shall see what happens this year. Who knows.

Pic of updated Kerboom character sheet with him in street clothes

XuCL5j7.png

Edited by Hayoo

On 3/13/2017 at 6:01 AM, Hayoo said:

/snip

XuCL5j7.png

/snip

This is just flat out awesome.  I love the suit and his mask.   I certainly hope you are able to run with this idea when life gives you some free time. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.