The ribbon show

Rage097

|

v

I'm still upset about my Jool ribbons. ;.; They would have been way more extensive if I didn't get the docking port bug.

My Jool ribbons tell a story. Read in this order. Jool, Vall, Laythe. It becomes apparent why Jool and Co. are part of Ike's devious plan to annoy the heck outta us.

That's my point, you can't just assume "well people are going to be honest with that", because in reality, when there's something to cheat, people will cheat.

Fine, if a couple of people want to cheat by lying then, while that's uncool of them, it doesn't really affect the rest of us who are being honest and are happy to admire one another's accomplishments.

Whom I suspect are the overwhelming majority.

I know you said those with ribbonless signatures, but my ego can't help it either. :P

I guess most things seam obvious in it. The Vall Lander will return, I just want to wait for a launch window instead of time warping all the way.

Havn't gotten much done at Eve. I just lobbed a leftover Duna probe stage at it because it had a bunch of fuel left. :D

There's nothing stopping you from making up stuff.

You ribbons don't give you any prestige, either. You put them up for yourself, not for others.

They also say "I was there and I know the whereabouts". Meaning somebody can e.g. ask you how did you get there and how did you solve some problem he is facing.

|

V

sorry, can't help it :D the only one I used mods with was the EVE probe, back in .20 when I still used mods. anyway, I still got a lot to do.

Also, I think rage097 got a bit bugged when he saw I changed my sig to ribbons :P and he made this.

Edited by M.Wolfy

You ribbons don't give you any prestige
They also say "I was there and I know the whereabouts". Meaning somebody can e.g. ask you how did you get there and how did you solve some problem he is facing.

Wait, what? Ribbons don't mean anything, they're ego-pieces as OP points out. Trusting someone's words over another''s because they have some random ribbon in their sig is selling yourself short.

Edited by regex

Hello there :)

Alright guys, last warning. This thread is not about how much one can cheat about ribbons, so please cut that. The ribbons - and that's the very argument the "you can cheat anyway!" side brings up - have no impact, so there's really no point arguing about that.

FEichinger

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.